2020-2021 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel absolutely dead inside every Monday, I remember back in September/October when I got excited every Monday, not its just another day of dissapointment. Ready for the R to come through so I can unwatch the thread lmao

I feel you, my friend. I don't expect anything on Mondays -- I'm just trying to be optimistic and hopeful

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I feel absolutely dead inside every Monday, I remember back in September/October when I got excited every Monday, now its just another day of disappointment. Ready for the R to come through so I can unwatch the thread lmao
felt this in my soul

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Whelp, II just now... Complete in July so don't lose hope!!

• Love
Reactions: 24 users
When do we think the Rs are coming? or when are the last invites? I think I'm in the acceptance phase that UMich ghosted me lol and need the closure.

Reactions: 8 users
@balancedapp I only got the superhero video. I think we should be getting more correspondence soon though! Congrats on your acceptance!

@balancedapp I only got the superhero video. I think we should be getting more correspondence soon though! Congrats on your acceptance!
I was accepted last month and received an email with additional information a few days later. Also a bunch of other random emails over the past few weeks. Congrats on your acceptance!!!

• Love
I was accepted last month and received an email with additional information a few days later. Also a bunch of other random emails over the past few weeks. Congrats on your acceptance!!!
@Verynervouspremed thank you both same to you all!!! Go Blue and best of luck to everyone in here!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS!! Did you find out the day they said they'd tell you by on interview day? Or earlier?
They told me my decision would come on the 18th for sure but I got the acceptance video yesterday

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Accepted yesterday after being deferred! Go Blue!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Just got a pre-II R... Being my alma mater, this one hurts. Congratulations to all who have been accepted and good luck to everyone still in the process!

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Oh crap... the R's are rolling now... guess my email is coming soon

Me just sitting over here having submitted on 9/10 and still not having heard anything back yet: *Chuckles* Haha, I'm in danger :)

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Mid July secondary submission, OOS, no R yet. Still praying for the II to my dream school! Just give me a shot bb

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Accepted yesterday after being deferred! Go Blue!!!!!
Yay congratulations!! The office told me deferred applicants will be re-evaluated end of Feb so I didn't think they'd re-evaluate any sooner. Nonetheless this gives me hope for whenever I hear back from them myself. Were you deferred in the October or November application pool?
I would also like to know when you were deferred/when your interview was! Congratulations btw! and this also gives me hope. I interviewed mid-Sep and was deferred in October.

I sent in my secondary in the first week of October. Will uploading an update letter/letter of interest have the admission committee take a look about my application again?
Wondering the same thing, I sent in a letter last week

I sent in my secondary in the first week of October. Will uploading an update letter/letter of interest have the admission committee take a look about my application again?
Maybe. Hard to say. I sent one in the first week of November but no dice so far.

Literally same lol but I just uploaded a quick update letter, who knows **sigh**

-------

Also, does anyone know if interview invites are done for 2020?

weird Q, but how do you guys write a letter of interest? idk what to include

do we think it's a good sign if we haven't gotten the R yet? or am I grasping at straws here...

Reactions: 4 users
For those ho have interviewed, how was your experience? I'm kinda confused with the whole thing and would appreciate any insight as to what we should expect. To those who have been accepted, congratulations and go Blue!!

Well, pre-II R from Michigan just now...good luck to everyone in the running still!

EDIT: I'm OOS

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Got the R as well

Edit: It's alright, TBH I likely would have declined the invite given some of the other options I have available

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Pre-II rejection just now. OOS, WARS ~81, LM 70. Complete July. Stings a bit but so it goes. Good luck to everyone else and peace out!

• Care
Were all the pre-II R's OOS? I'm IS and feel that I'm hanging on by a thread lol

Pre-II rejection just now. Complete 9/6. Not surprised as Michigan already has tons of Middle Eastern students with very similar backstories lol.

• Care
  • Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
Pre-II R, completed 8/1. Stats in sig, very sad :(((

• Care
Got the R as well

Edit: It's alright, TBH I likely would have declined the invite given some of the other options I have available

II's are like party invites; I might not go, but I would like the decision to be on my own terms so please invite me

** would totally attend an interview here, though lol

Reactions: 5 users
II's are like party invites; I might not go, but I would like the decision to be on my own terms so please invite me

** would totally attend an interview here, though lol
That's...surprisingly accurate