2020-2021 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A 507 screen??

Members don't see this ad.

A 507 screen??

From looking at past years' threads, this isn't new. The first round of interviews only go out to those with 507+. Those they like but are under a 507 get an interview waitlist. Those they don't like, both high and low MCAT, get outright rejections. After they exhaust the 507+ crowd, those on the interview waitlist get II. So, it seem like the interview waitlist is a "we like you, but we're going to prioritize the higher MCAT score applicants first."

Just my observations based on looking through past threads.

Reactions: 1 users
From looking at past years' threads, this isn't new. The first round of interviews only go out to those with 507+. Those they like but are under a 507 get an interview waitlist. Those they don't like, both high and low MCAT, get outright rejections. After they exhaust the 507+ crowd, those on the interview waitlist get II. So, it seem like the interview waitlist is a "we like you, but we're going to prioritize the higher MCAT score applicants first."

Just my observations based on looking through past threads.

When do the below 507 interviews start going out? Thanks for the info!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I have a sub 500 MCAT score. Do you think I have a chance?
I applied last year with a 497 and was rejected. I called them to ask why and what I can do to improve and they told me that everything in my application is great except the MCAT. I retook it and am now applying with a 501 and have not heard anything back yet

3.8 gPA 511 mcat 3.67 sGPA application completed 7/24 and no II. Anyone else in similar boat? Don't know if I should expect an II
I'm similar stats, but complete 6/19 and I did receive an interview invite on 8/25. They're probably still reviewing your app at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied last year with a 497 and was rejected. I called them to ask why and what I can do to improve and they told me that everything in my application is great except the MCAT. I retook it and am now applying with a 501 and have not heard anything back yet
Okay thank you! Hope you get it this year!

Ya I’m applying with a 502.. hopefully some point get an interview. I (and can’t say it enough) LOVE this school. CCOM would be a DREAM

When do the below 507 interviews start going out? Thanks for the info!!

Looks like it was end of the year/begining of the new year. So I'd expect to start hearing people get off the II waitlist around January if past years hold up. Lots of people in past years' threads were lamenting the II waitlist, but many current students popped in to say plenty of classmates they had got in off of this.

Would a 504 MCAT quality me for an II waitlist (assuming they do those at CCOM)?

I'm similar stats, but complete 6/19 and I did receive an interview invite on 8/25. They're probably still reviewing your app at this point.

that's good to hear. it seems as though people from all different dates are getting interview invites (early june to even end of july) - why are the dates so spread out?

Looks like it was end of the year/begining of the new year. So I'd expect to start hearing people get off the II waitlist around January if past years hold up. Lots of people in past years' threads were lamenting the II waitlist, but many current students popped in to say plenty of classmates they had got in off of this.

Does the school tell us that we are on the II waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
have any people with II seen it on the portal in the interview scheduling section before receiving the official email?

Ya I’m applying with a 502.. hopefully some point get an interview. I (and can’t say it enough) LOVE this school. CCOM would be a DREAM
If you don't mind me asking, what parts about CCOM do you love? Just wondering because I want to love it as much as you.

A bit late to the party, but II received 8/22, scheduled for 10/27. I received an email 8/4 stating "hold before interview notification" due to pending MCAT which was released 8/18.

A bit late to the party, but II received 8/22, scheduled for 10/27. I received an email 8/4 stating "hold before interview notification" due to pending MCAT which was released 8/18.
What was your mcat if you dont mind me asking?

Im still waiting to submit the secondary with this school but I have a 502 MCAT which I know is low for CCOM.

Hey there everyone, Current MS2 here. I don't really reply to the thread but if you have any Qs feel free to shoot me a message!

What was your mcat if you dont mind me asking?

Im still waiting to submit the secondary with this school but I have a 502 MCAT which I know is low for CCOM.

Got a 499 in May 2019, then a 510 in July 2020. I also should have mentioned that my interview is for the AZ campus.

edit for more context: cGPA 3.69 sGPA 3.80

edit again: just realized I’m posting in the wrong thread. Disregard! Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Does admissions for this campus operate the same as the AZ campus? I've already been rejected by them, so I was debating even submitting my secondary here.

Does admissions for this campus operate the same as the AZ campus? I've already been rejected by them, so I was debating even submitting my secondary here.
Did they send you a rejection email? Also did they provide you with any information as to why you were rejected?

Did they send you a rejection email? Also did they provide you with any information as to why you were rejected?

Yep, I was complete on July 16th and Aug 5th received email saying they were declining me for further consideration. I did ask for feedback and they said I met the minimums but wasn't competitive - they said they placed heavy emphasis on GPA and MCAT.

• Wow
Yep, I was complete on July 16th and Aug 5th received email saying they were declining me for further consideration. I did ask for feedback and they said I met the minimums but wasn't competitive - they said they placed heavy emphasis on GPA and MCAT.
You may want to apply to RVUCOM then if you haven’t already. They just rejected me yesterday and I have a 3.8 science and 510 mcat but not much “hands-on clinical experience”. They’re not even looking at MCAT this cycle!

• Wow
You may want to apply to RVUCOM then if you haven’t already. They just rejected me yesterday and I have a 3.8 science and 510 mcat but not much “hands-on clinical experience”. They’re not even looking at MCAT this cycle!

Wonder if they have a minimum. I have like 4000+ hours as an ED scribe

I did and was already rejected lol - Rocky Vista is firm on their minimums.

• Sad
LOL I’m not a current student I wish I was! There’s just a lot of reasons I’m excited to apply and hopefully be a student here!

So if you do not get an interview and you submitted mid June, should we take that as an indirect rejection? Especially if you are OOS and don't have ties?

Has anyone complete in June or July gotten an interview hold if they have <507 yet?

I don’t think the screen is 507 mcat it’s possibly for a certain gpa as well for interview waitlist cause I got put on the waitlist at azcom right now with a higher mcat

Any M3 or above able to speak on how rotations work at this school? How plentiful are spots? Is it a lotto? Do you have to set up your own rotations?

Any current students willing to share some info/ some of their experiences? Preparing for my interview and definitely would be helpful to chat with others!

Anyone receive an II from the Glendale campus but not the Chicago campus? Or the opposite?

almost identical stats - what do you think are chances we get an interview

From CCOM? Not entirely sure. If their criteria is the same as AZCOM, I’d assume it’s likely, but I’m not counting my chickens till they hatch ;)

Just finished my interview at CCOM today and was thoroughly impressed. They seem to have really strong student-centered learning and great reputation in Chicago area. Wasn't really sure about CCOM before but I am definitely interested now. I was interviewed by a student and a faculty member. Interview was ~25 minutes long and felt like a casual conversation. No tricky questions, but they did pull specific parts of my secondary and CV to ask me about. Good luck to everyone that is interviewing soon or is waiting on an interview!

Reactions: 7 users
Just finished my interview at CCOM today and was thoroughly impressed. They seem to have really strong student-centered learning and great reputation in Chicago area. Wasn't really sure about CCOM before but I am definitely interested now. I was interviewed by a student and a faculty member. Interview was ~25 minutes long and felt like a casual conversation. No tricky questions, but they did pull specific parts of my secondary and CV to ask me about. Good luck to everyone that is interviewing soon or is waiting on an interview!
My interview was this morning, too! I agree they were great. I have appreciated their responsiveness, transparency, and accessibility throughout this process, and my interview experience confirmed my expectations that the school is welcoming and student-centered. My interviewers were supportive and nothing tricky.

Totally agree with everything said above interviewed yesterday morning and my interview was super conversational and all the admissions staff were super friendly! Would love to come here!

Reactions: 2 users