2020-2021 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Im beginning to feel worried as well, can any current JB students provide any insight or help? I really hope to get accepted here, but im beginning to lose hope. I also noticed that the gc on here only has 40 something students and ik that cant be all the students that have been accepted, but i don’t understand how nobody here has hesrd in months
I wonder what % of their class is filled as of now. And I have no idea how good their WL movement is either. I don't think they send Rs straight after interviews (at least I hope not) but looking at last year's thread, it looks like we'll hear in Feb and they'll send a bunch of WLs at that point

Would love to hear optimism from anyone else lol bc this school is not transparent at all.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
You guys haven't called them? I called them a month ago to about my app for a complete question and they were very receptive.
They were so unhelpful when I called. I’ll call again Monday I hope for good news :/

Members don't see this ad :)
WL :/ trying to keep my head up!

Waitlisted. Interviewed 11/19. Felt very expected. Have no idea how their WL movement is.

I do think it's interesting that the WL is unranked. So how do they take people off of it?

Reactions: 2 users
Also waitlisted, are they still sending out interviews? I think if they are then thats how we will know. Hoping for the best for all of us.

Did anyone here withdraw after receiving the waitlist email?

Does NYITCOM_Jonesboro do post-II rejections? Or was everyone not accepted just waitlisted

Members don't see this ad :)
sigh... waitlisted. Interviewed 11/16.

Reactions: 1 user
Also waitlisted, are they still sending out interviews? I think if they are then thats how we will know. Hoping for the best for all of us.
Can you elaborate?

Waitlisted. Interviewed 11/19. Felt very expected. Have no idea how their WL movement is.

I do think it's interesting that the WL is unranked. So how do they take people off of it?
Same boat as you, my friend. A professor at my SMP told me “waitlisted means you’re accepted! It just means they have to find a seat for you”. So, hey, keep your head up! At least we know we’re good enough for a WL and not flat out R.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate?
So if they’re still sending out interviews that means that they are giving other applicants opportunities to be excepted but if they are not then I just think that they’re trying to find a way to get us in... if that makes any sense

So if they’re still sending out interviews that means that they are giving other applicants opportunities to be excepted but if they are not then I just think that they’re trying to find a way to get us in... if that makes any sense
Ah, gotcha, yeah that totally makes sense. Best of luck to you btw - we’re in this together! Hopefully we can all meet this Fall!

I think they send out mostly WL, did you not hear back today?
Yeah I was WL as well! I kinda expected that, this was my worst interview so far haha

Ah, gotcha, yeah that totally makes sense. Best of luck to you btw - we’re in this together! Hopefully we can all meet this Fall!
I hope so too! I really hope that we all get in

Same boat as you, my friend. A professor at my SMP told me “waitlisted means you’re accepted! It just means they have to find a seat for you”. So, hey, keep your head up! At least we know we’re good enough for a WL and not flat out R.
Thank you for this! Idk if they've sent any Rs yet but I appreciate the positivity. Do you know how the JB campus' WL movement is?

To give some insight,I interviewed early January and was accepted within the same month. However, a majority of my friends didn't get admitted off of the waitlist until around April or May. So honestly, don't despair my friends
Thank you for this. So in your view does JB have a good amount of waitlist movement?

Thank you for this. So in your view does JB have a good amount of waitlist movement?
In my opinion it’s hard to say, based on past years there’s been a good amount of movement.

but this year is unlike any other and with the increase in apps who knows what will happen.

In my opinion it’s hard to say, based on past years there’s been a good amount of movement.

but this year is unlike any other and with the increase in apps who knows what will happen.
Good point. Do you know if the JB campus is done interviewing or is that still going on?

Yea I gave them a call and an email. When they called back they basically said every month or so they meet up and see who’s on the waitlist and talk to see who they want to offer admissions too. But she gave no help as to how long and how many people just the gist of what the email said.

By the way can someone explain to me when it says the waitlist is not ranked. Idk if thats a stupid question lol

By the way can someone explain to me when it says the waitlist is not ranked. Idk if thats a stupid question lol
I asked this on Reddit,
They said pretty much every time there is a vacant spot they build their class based on what person they want to replace that seat. Ex. Gender, race, Oos vs IS, EC’s. It would be difficult to do this if it was ranked. Let’s say a bunch of men with draw they may need to fill it with men to keep the percentages how they like.

I asked this on Reddit,
They said pretty much every time there is a vacant spot they build their class based on what person they want to replace that seat. Ex. Gender, race, Oos vs IS, EC’s. It would be difficult to do this if it was ranked. Let’s say a bunch of men with draw they may need to fill it with men to keep the percentages how they like.
Oh so its not stats like GPA or MCAT?

II!!! I am SUPER excited as this school hits so many of my preferences & is only 1.5hr form my hometown! Any advice for interview/ preparation? Fingers crossed, y’all!

II!!! I am SUPER excited as this school hits so many of my preferences & is only 1.5hr form my hometown! Any advice for interview/ preparation? Fingers crossed, y’all!
congrats! when were you complete?

Good luck! Its a pretty chill interview, just know the main traditional questions and you should be fine.

Is anyone on the waitlist planning on sending a letter of interest or intent?

For those of you that have, did you just talk about what you liked about the interview/school?

Is anyone on the waitlist planning on sending a letter of interest or intent?

For those of you that have, did you just talk about what you liked about the interview/school?
Yes, I sent one and yea say why you really want to go there. Its hard because it was virtual interview, but still say why you will go there if thats where you get accepted.

Super late application submission but have an alumni letter/connection, upward trend, SMP, and 40k direct patient care hours. Shooting my shot!

Reactions: 4 users
I'm going to be attending the welcome and info session on Monday. Has anyone done one of these before?

Will they address admissions/waitlist movement questions or is it more like a virtual tour?

I'm going to be attending the welcome and info session on Monday. Has anyone done one of these before?

Will they address admissions/waitlist movement questions or is it more like a virtual tour?
Hey, I did it. They didnt when I did it because there was no WL when I had mine.

Hey, I did it. They didnt when I did it because there was no WL when I had mine.
Thank you. Hopefully they address it but either way I'm looking forward to it.

For anyone that has been accepted and plans on accepting, is there any information about finding housing/roommates?