2020-2021 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone that has been accepted and plans on accepting, is there any information about finding housing/roommates?
Not yet, there is a GroupMe for the Jonesboro campus but that’s it. I’m assuming people are going to wait till around March to start making pho using arrangements

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete since November, should I reach out?

Reactions: 1 user
Would it be too late to apply here? OOS, no connections. Originally had intended to apply here but just have to narrow my options.

My wife interviewed here today. Any idea of when she should expect to hear back?

My wife interviewed here today. Any idea of when she should expect to hear back?
The wait seems to range from 1-2 months (ref. this thread), but I would guess that the wait time will lessen as interview season winds down. Who really knows with COVID affecting boards/applicants, though. I am in the same "waiting boat"--interviewed yesterday :) Best of luck to your wife!

Members don't see this ad :)
are they still sending II? I've been complete since July and have sent 2 update letters since...

I had my interview today. I asked when we might expect to hear of any movement or decisions and she said within two weeks!

I had my interview today. I asked when we might expect to hear of any movement or decisions and she said within two weeks!
That’s exciting. But are you sure they just weren’t talking about your decision? Would be surprised to see WL movement within 2 weeks

What kind of questions were you asked?

A difficult time when I had to say no to something, proudest achievement, why DO, of course, and a time when things didn’t go as planned, oh and what I liked about the town/campus. Honestly I’m glad someone told me these were likely the questions because they would have been harder to come up with on the spot .... if I think of more I’ll let you know

Do you know if they are full/ close to full?

The atmosphere, match rate, COMPLEX scores, and what ive heard
Agreed! The small town atmosphere with big city connections is invaluable. The Student Ambassadors also did a great job capturing the uniqueness that is NYITCOMAR and my interviewer was very passionate about osteopathic medicine/ what the school had to offer. Not to mention, the location is incredible for my family. This school has it all.

Reactions: 2 users
The atmosphere, match rate, COMPLEX scores, and what ive heard
Do you know the COMLEX scores for just NYIT-AR? I’m just curious and couldn’t find them on the website.

Interview invite received last week! February 11th 2021
Application completed December 23rd 2020
cGPA: 3.74
Science GPA: 3.8
MCAT 498

any advice on preparing for the interview?

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
MCAT 498

Best advice that was given to me was to be myself and seek information instead of trying to make an impression. This is a big decision and needs to fit mutually. Best of luck!

• Care
MCAT 498

Someone said some good topics to look at on here recently

Last edited:
A difficult time when I had to say no to something, proudest achievement, why DO, of course, and a time when things didn’t go as planned, oh and what I liked about the town/campus. Honestly I’m glad someone told me these were likely the questions because they would have been harder to come up with on the spot .... if I think of more I’ll let you know

OH!!! And they asked what character and integrity means to me in respect to the patient-doctor relationship! This was the last one and I feel like she was listening most intently to this so maybe brush up on your thoughts of this.

• Care
OH!!! And they asked what character and integrity means to me in respect to the patient-doctor relationship! This was the last one and I feel like she was listening most intently to this so maybe brush up on your thoughts of this.
thank you so much, I definitely will!

Hi, has anyone itnerviewed in the Fall (2020) and not heard back yet? As it, not even a waitlist? Thank you

What makes you think that?
Previous years, and those dates are when most MD deadlines will happen and when you narrow down your A’s. Also interviews will have stopped so they won’t have an interviewees to accept only waitlist if they need more students.

Has anyone from the WL heard?
Send them updates, it helps a lot if you show interest. I interviewed in fall 2020, and only recently got accepted. I emailed them almost every month with updates

Send them updates, it helps a lot if you show interest. I interviewed in fall 2020, and only recently got accepted. I emailed them almost every month with updates
What exactly did you update them on? Did you have new experiences/ activities every month?