2020-2021 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got this weird email asking me if I wanted to withdraw my app because they hadn’t heard from me in a while. I told them I was confused and through I was still under consideration for an II. They called the next day saying they sent me an II, but I never opened the email. They said it happens sometimes.
You were lucky! There are schools that just remove you from consideration at that point without a warning. It's crazy, but I've heard some horror stories about it. Glad you're getting to interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So apparently both the JB and OW campus are sending As today. Are they done or do you guys think they will send them throughout the day?

Also, does that mean we likely won't hear anything on Friday, as they only send them out monthly?

So apparently both the JB and OW campus are sending As today. Are they done or do you guys think they will send them throughout the day?

Also, does that mean we likely won't hear anything on Friday, as they only send them out monthly?
I was askin the same questions last month when I didn’t hear back. There was nothing until today, and historically only once a month so I’m guessing January now unfortunately

I was askin the same questions last month when I didn’t hear back. There was nothing until today, and historically only once a month so I’m guessing January now unfortunately
Damn. I'm surprised at how early in the day they are coming though (although tbf I got my II invite at like 9:50 AM), I'm just hoping they're not done sending them lol

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today around 10:30CST. ! Interviewed Nov 18. Nontrad with average stats. Uber grateful right now :)

Reactions: 1 user
You're invited to the group 'NYITCOMJB Accepted Students Class of 2025' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Only 32 students? What percent of total admitted students do you think is part of this group?
I’m assuming all the students accepted in the group are going to Jonesboro campus but honestly couldn’t tell you. I’m assuming there are more accepted students but they don’t check SDN so they aren’t apart of the group.. when there is a Facebook page I’ll share the GroupMe there too

I know SDN is a small sample size but I'm not seeing that many JB acceptances. Usually on acceptance days you see like 10 posts in a row of acceptances. I'm just bored and overanalyzing lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I know SDN is a small sample size but I'm not seeing that many JB acceptances. Usually on acceptance days you see like 10 posts in a row of acceptances. I'm just bored and overanalyzing **** lol
Yea I counted only two, which is odd to me

Yea I counted only two, which is odd to me
Still a lot of time in the day but yeah. Also hoping they send As on Friday but I'm assuming they're doing it today bc they might be gone for the holidays

Congrats to everyone that got accepted today! Like everyone else here that didnt get the A today, im hoping we hear today through Friday

Reactions: 4 users
Lets hope for the best! I believe in all of us. We got this!

Reactions: 2 users
Have any 11/19 interviewees heard back?

Edit: congrats to those who got the As today!

Congrats to everyone that got accepted today! Like everyone else here that didnt get the A today, im hoping we hear today through Friday
When did you interview. Im taking this as a rejection now from this school. I interview 11/16, I emailed asking when I would find out the results and they basically said rolling admissions through the spring. Im taking that as a rejection for me.

Have any 11/19 interviewees heard back?

Edit: congrats to those who got the As today!
youre asking about 11/19 I interviewed on the 16th :( im so bummed right now.

youre asking about 11/19 I interviewed on the 16th :( im so bummed right now.
Hey! I interviewed 10/23 and I didn’t hear back the first round of acceptance after. However, I just got accepted today, so that was almost a 2-month wait for me. It’s not over for you yet!!! I also got the same response when I emailed them.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey! I interviewed 10/23 and I didn’t hear back the first round of acceptance after. However, I just got accepted today, so that was almost a 2-month wait for me. It’s not over for you yet!!! I also got the same response when I emailed them.
thank you for keeping my hopes up. I have come to the point where if I dont get in im going carribean. this is honestly my hail mary and no matter how hard im trying to keep a positive spirit its slowly starting to come down.

• Care
thank you for keeping my hopes up. I have come to the point where if I dont get in im going carribean. this is honestly my hail mary and no matter how hard im trying to keep a positive spirit its slowly starting to come down.
It’s hard to wait, especially when some people get decisions like a week of not days after their interview. We just got to have hope and remember that this is our time and we will become doctors!

I think someone told me before but I just want to confirm, does NYITCOM-JB typically give WL decisions in Feb?

Do you guys know if the waitlist moves a lot for Jonesboro? Thanks

I'd like to know as well. Have you been WL'd?
Nah, just wondering because i dont think they reject post interview. I interviewed on 11/20, haven't seen any peeps getting in from that date yet. Just hoping we get the A!

Nah, just wondering because i dont think they reject post interview. I interviewed on 11/20, haven't seen any peeps getting in from that date yet. Just hoping we get the A!
So you either get an A or WL for at least the upcoming months? I guess that's nice. Interviewed 11/19 so kinda in the same boat as you. It's frustrating that there's no real timetable for this school.

Reactions: 2 users
So you either get an A or WL for at least the upcoming months? I guess that's nice. Interviewed 11/19 so kinda in the same boat as you. It's frustrating that there's no real timetable for this school.
Same date - super nervous! This is honestly my top choice school; I seriously love everything about it. Really hoping we get some good news soon! By the looks of it, it might be in January, unfortunately.

Out of curiosity, where did you hear that they don't R post-interview? Here on SDN?

Same date - super nervous! This is honestly my top choice school; I seriously love everything about it. Really hoping we get some good news soon! By the looks of it, it might be in January, unfortunately.
Same! I really like it as well. They sent some As yesterday and I guess we have tomorrow for some hope, but I doubt it. January it is.

So I interviewed in mid September and haven’t heard anything back. Anyone else waiting for a rejection or acceptance from September?

So I interviewed in mid September and haven’t heard anything back. Anyone else waiting for a rejection or acceptance from September?
I'm in the same situation. Interviewed in mid September and still haven't heard back. Not sure what that means, but trying to keep a positive attitude.

I've been complete since July and haven't heard anything....would it be safe to assume NYITCOM is done sending most of its interviews? I just updated them with my fall grad grades, in hopes they'd consider me a little more

I've been complete since July and haven't heard anything....would it be safe to assume NYITCOM is done sending most of its interviews? I just updated them with my fall grad grades, in hopes they'd consider me a little more
Speaking of is the immunization deadline a hard deadline at all? I put down a deposit at this an another school and I’m a bit split on attending here

Anyone think we will be hearing of As this week?
I feel like it’ll me more towards the middle of the month, imo. Could be wrong though, you never know. Hoping we all hear good news and I get to meet you all this Fall!

Does anyone know if NYITCOM-JB accepts LOIs?. I want to send one this week.

Can someone tell me who or which email I would send it to? Also is it bad if I don't have anything to update them with? I just want to say that I would attend JB 100% if accepted and that's kind of it.

I would appreciate any input. Thank you!

Does anyone know if NYITCOM-JB accepts LOIs?. I want to send one this week.

Can someone tell me who or which email I would send it to? Also is it bad if I don't have anything to update them with? I just want to say that I would attend JB 100% if accepted and that's kind of it.

I would appreciate any input. Thank you!
did you send a LOI?

Has anyone received a Zoom link for the information session tomorrow? I already interviewed, and they sent out an email saying that they were adding an info session date since some people couldn’t attend the previous ones. I just realized I haven’t received a link.

Has anyone received a Zoom link for the information session tomorrow? I already interviewed, and they sent out an email saying that they were adding an info session date since some people couldn’t attend the previous ones. I just realized I haven’t received a link.
Did you register for the info session? I just did now and received the link within 10 seconds. If you did, try registering again or just call them early tomorrow.

Did you register for the info session? I just did now and received the link within 10 seconds. If you did, try registering again or just call them early tomorrow.

Hey, yeah I did. Via the google form back in November. Was yours a google form as well?

Hey, yeah I did. Via the google form back in November. Was yours a google form as well?
I spoke too soon. I only received a Google form too. No link. Maybe they send it right before it starts. Idk

I spoke too soon. I only received a Google form too. No link. Maybe they send it right before it starts. Idk

Gotcha - glad I’m not the only one then. 25 minutes till the session and still no link. Maybe I’m over-worrying lol typical neurotic premed.