2020-2021 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For my on hold crowd who may be hesitant to send an update: I was put on hold Sunday in the massive wave that went out, and I sent an update today at 5pm. Got a response a few minutes ago saying they appreciated it and will add it to my file. Not sure if it means anything, but I really appreciated the immediate turn around and kind message. Thought it may be helpful!
Did you send to this email address? [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 8/27, still nada

Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R. LM 71. Complete 7/21. Sad :(

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
sorry to hear about the pre-II R, you will definitely find your fit!! were you placed on hold before the R? or was it hold --> R?

Hey did anyone send a thank you letter after their interview here? They gave us instructions as to how to send it to them, but I like totally forgot all of my interviewers' names LOLL. How did you all word it?

Hey did anyone send a thank you letter after their interview here? They gave us instructions as to how to send it to them, but I like totally forgot all of my interviewers' names LOLL. How did you all word it?
Just thanks the admissions committee for organizing

Reactions: 1 user
sorry to hear about the pre-II R, you will definitely find your fit!! were you placed on hold before the R? or was it hold --> R?
Hey, thanks! I'm not too bummed but thank you <3 I went straight from complete to an R, no hold.

Interviewed today, was super chill. All the MMI interviewers were very nice, I think I did really well!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
II this morning!! 4 dates left in February 2021. Complete July 24th

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow this reassured me that there's still a chance

Accepted this morning! Interviewed 10/19

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
is any early Sept people waiting to hear about interviews?

Has anyone still not heard back from NYMC? I submitted my secondary in July, but I wasn't officially completed until October due to a later MCAT.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone still not heard back from NYMC? I submitted my secondary in July, but I wasn't officially completed until October due to a later MCAT.
So I was complete and July and got an II in October, with the soonest interview date being late January. I don't want to be discouraging, but it does look like they've filled a lot of interview slots unless they greatly expanding interview season.

Pre-II R yesterday for me as well! Good luck everyone else!

• Care
Does anyone know if NYMC utilizes silent rejections? Submitted secondary on 8/5, marked completed on 8/19 and silence, not optimistic at this point

Just got an II, but most likely will not be attending. Good luck to you all :)

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Can anyone guess what it means if an admin from NYMC looked at my linkedin like 2 months ago and I haven't heard anything (complete 7/31)? Can't tell if I've been put in the "maybe" or "reject" pile :/

Can anyone guess what it means if an admin from NYMC looked at my linkedin like 2 months ago and I haven't heard anything (complete 7/31)? Can't tell if I've been put in the "maybe" or "reject" pile :/
Only time will tell.

This school puts a lot of people on hold or rejects them, so I think not hearing anything is better than hold or being rejected!

Reactions: 2 users
Received an II this morning via email but won't be attending. Complete 8/20, OOS. There were three interview dates available: one in December, January, and the end of February. Good luck to everyone else!!

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
For those of you accepted, how long did it take to receive the follow-up email to pay the deposit?

Has anyone that was placed on hold gotten an II

• Hmm
Withdrew my January II. Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 16 users
Has anyone that was placed on hold gotten an II

I have seen people who were on hold that got an II earlier on the thread. NYMC is one of the schools that does interview people that were on hold.

Reactions: 4 users