2020-2021 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So i just did my interview and can confirm there is a 30 dollar fee. Did anyone contact the school to see if that was an oversight or did we actually have to pay money to take an interview ?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
So i just did my interview and can confirm there is a 30 dollar fee. Did anyone contact the school to see if that was an oversight or did we actually have to pay money to take an interview ?
In the info session right now, it's a required fee

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I apologize in advance but do they still enroll a lot of students for the BS/MD program? Or is there a greater number of traditional matriculation now?

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
I apologize in advance but do they still enroll a lot of students for the BS/MD program? Or is there a greater number of traditional matriculation now?
I mean I apologize if this has been asked before

Despite previous SDN speculation, they said in the interview they expect 75-80 traditional admits this year. That's barely any better than last year.

I mean I apologize if this has been asked before

This was the last year that BS/MD students are in the entering class unless they are some 4th year students I am unaware of. They replaced this program with early assurance (EAP) at some partner schools nearby so these students might lower the number of traditional admits. However, there are limited spots at these schools for EAP and from what I know, some schools had some spots left. This might lead to more traditional admits than expected but its up to admissions at NEOMED to decide what to do with that.

I apologize if this has been said, but is there an info session as well as a video interview? Thanks!

The info session are videos that they recommend for you to watch prior to your interview. It's included in their email!

Did people who completed their interview generally fill the 4 minutes to answer the questions? Or keep it more like 2 ish minutes like in normal interviews?

Did people who completed their interview generally fill the 4 minutes to answer the questions? Or keep it more like 2 ish minutes like in normal interviews?

For most of them, I kept it to 2 minutes-ish. For one of the questions regarding meaningful experiences, I went over the time limit. But they actually let you look at your recordings at the end, and I saw that it let me keep my recording at 4:02? So not too sure what that cutoff means.

Are you able to watch the attached info videos at your leisure, or once you start watching do you have to do your interview? Also does it matter how long it takes us to do the interview, as long as it's before that November date? Like, will they look more favorably upon (or review sooner) people who complete the interview earlier?

Are you able to watch the attached info videos at your leisure, or once you start watching do you have to do your interview? Also does it matter how long it takes us to do the interview, as long as it's before that November date? Like, will they look more favorably upon (or review sooner) people who complete the interview earlier?

You can watch the info videos whenever. I think you can also just submit the interview whenever as long as it is before the November date.

I know they said they're going to look at them in November, but in the preparation videos, I remember the reiterating that they want students who want to be here, and alluding to completing the interview as soon as you can. I would do it as soon as possible tbh

Members don't see this ad :)
Idk if anyone else got that email from NEOMED about questions that popped up, but the last point says, "Upon completion of this survey, your confirmation of success will now appear as a success message immediately. This will serve as your receipt of a successful interview. This is a slight change on our part as we had intended to send an email separately, but this allows us to gain a much-needed efficiency to spend our more time-on-task evaluating candidates. In the event there are any potential challenges we would reach out to you. So congratulations! Once you receive this receipt you are finished for now."

I resubmitted my survey since I didn't get that message the first time, just a heads up!

I know they said they're going to look at them in November, but in the preparation videos, I remember the reiterating that they want students who want to be here, and alluding to completing the interview as soon as you can. I would do it as soon as possible tbh

Oh for sure! I just wanted to make sure I felt ready, but I'm not sure I'll ever feel ready so I might as well just do it this weekend. Thanks!

Idk if anyone else got that email from NEOMED about questions that popped up, but the last point says, "Upon completion of this survey, your confirmation of success will now appear as a success message immediately. This will serve as your receipt of a successful interview. This is a slight change on our part as we had intended to send an email separately, but this allows us to gain a much-needed efficiency to spend our more time-on-task evaluating candidates. In the event there are any potential challenges we would reach out to you. So congratulations! Once you receive this receipt you are finished for now."

I resubmitted my survey since I didn't get that message the first time, just a heads up!
+1, resubmitted even if it’s redundant. Don’t wanna take any chances lol

I'm surprised this isn't being discussed, but I dislike how NEOMED is handling the interview process and their email today discounting the $30 interview fee as "rather nominal" is condescending and classist. Unfortunately I'm desperate AF and will pay any amount of money to interview or attend here/anywhere but their acting like we should be gracious for the $30 fee instead of travel costs removed by the pandemic is really irresponsible and out of touch. No other school to my knowledge is charging applicants for interviews this cycle, and most have figured out how to host live interviews virtually which are pretty widely regarded as being a better way to assess potential candidates

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I'm surprised this isn't being discussed, but I dislike how NEOMED is handling the interview process and their email today discounting the $30 interview fee as "rather nominal" is condescending and classist. Unfortunately I'm desperate AF and will pay any amount of money to interview or attend here/anywhere but their acting like we should be gracious for the $30 fee instead of travel costs removed by the pandemic is really irresponsible and out of touch. No other school to my knowledge is charging applicants for interviews this cycle, and most have figured out how to host live interviews virtually which are pretty widely regarded as being a better way to assess potential candidates

Oh, you're 100% right. As someone who is quite literally relying on FAP to even think about applying to med schools, that statement was incredibly classist and disgusting, to be frank. I was going to email them but my parents suggested to ignore it and pay upfront as to avoid any negative consequence :/

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just completed the interview. Some questions were actually surprising, or not as straight forward as I thought they would be. It is going to be a long wait until December.

• Care
Warning: Do not attempt to do this interview if you don't have fantastic wifi. I tried to go to a library and do this and had to have Bongo reset some of my questions because I guess if there's any sort of drop in wifi connectivity it just submits your question/response automatically.

Do you get a confirmation email after completing the survey after the interview?

They said they have initially wanted to send out a confirmation email, but now you just get the message after you complete the exit survey

Does everybody here have 2 semesters of orgo? if I don't, is it a waste to submit a secondary?

• Hmm
Did anyone wrote about speeding tickets on the secondary?
I remember getting one like 10 years ago and don't remember details.
I ordered a driving record but I gotta wait 5 days to receive it. And I'm not even sure if it's on there cause I think I took a class.

Did you guys write in details? or do you just say
I received a speeding ticket back in 2011. I paid the fine and took a class.

Thanks!!

I listed my previous traffic violations such as speeding tickets and illegal lane change haha. It was hard to do but I hoped they'd be understanding!

I ordered a driving record but I gotta wait 5 days to receive it. And I'm not even sure if it's on there cause I think I took a class.

Thanks!!

I wrote about it and got an II. Everyone has a speeding ticket. Just be honest and you should be fine.

I wrote about it and got an II. Everyone has a speeding ticket. Just be honest and you should be fine.
Deff list why you got the ticket. I wrote that I was going 5-10mph over the limit.

I also had one from a long time ago. I just put "I received a speeding ticket in 2012." Got an II just fine. As long as you don't have dozens of them or didn't do something like hijack a bus, you should be perfectly okay.

If you don't remember the details/it's no longer on your record, just include that. "I received a speeding ticket in 2011, but it was so long ago that I do not recall the details. I believe I paid a fine and took a traffic class." Plenty of people have gotten tickets, and most people just pay them and move on, so they don't expect you to remember all the details.

I also had one from a long time ago. I just put "I received a speeding ticket in 2012." Got an II just fine. As long as you don't have dozens of them or didn't do something like hijack a bus, you should be perfectly okay.

If you don't remember the details/it's no longer on your record, just include that. "I received a speeding ticket in 2011, but it was so long ago that I do not recall the details. I believe I paid a fine and took a traffic class." Plenty of people have gotten tickets, and most people just pay them and move on, so they don't expect you to remember all the details.
I JUST realized I got a ticket YEARS ago. I completely forgot about it until reading this thread...should I email and tell them that I got a ticket?

I JUST realized I got a ticket YEARS ago. I completely forgot about it until reading this thread...should I email and tell them that I got a ticket?

I would. I think they would appreciate your honesty

Thanks!!

I searched the court dockets for the counties I got tickets in. Mine were from a long time ago, and they were still in there! I just detailed date, what the violation was, and any additional info if necessary.

I think I accidentally exed out of my interview. I just finished watching the financial aid presentation and thought I was clicking out of the video, but I clicked out of the whole screen. I logged back in, and I clicked on the questions again, and it said it was "complete" but the little hourglass wasn't there anymore. I'm about to have a meltdown.

Edit: I emailed admissions to let them know. But I did go back into the interview portal, and when I click the questions I can see my responses. However, I'm able to submit the survey at the end multiple times. Is everyone else able to do that as well as see their responses?

Last edited:
I'm worried I messed up my interview... For one of the questions while I was answering there was a glitch where it didn't have a stop button for me to press. I contacted Bongo support and the video just said "processing error". I finished the rest of the questions in the same browser session but Bongo support got back to me after I finished the interview after the survey part and allowed me to redo that question. I did the new question on a whole new browser window and I'm scared this reset my interview or something. I was able to see my old answers for the other questions but the interview instructions kept harping on how once you start answering the interview questions you must complete all questions in one browser sitting. I'm worried this will affect my interview/acceptance decision :(

I'm worried I messed up my interview... For one of the questions while I was answering there was a glitch where it didn't have a stop button for me to press. I contacted Bongo support and the video just said "processing error". I finished the rest of the questions in the same browser session but Bongo support got back to me after I finished the interview after the survey part and allowed me to redo that question. I did the new question on a whole new browser window and I'm scared this reset my interview or something. I was able to see my old answers for the other questions but the interview instructions kept harping on how once you start answering the interview questions you must complete all questions in one browser sitting. I'm worried this will affect my interview/acceptance decision :(

I hope adcoms will be understanding about these types of things. See my post above yours, I imagine we aren't the only ones who will have issues because of the virtual format. Since you can see your responses, you know they're saved. I do wonder if them saying "it has to be done in one sitting" was just either an oversight on their part where they didn't know it could be done in multiple sittings OR they want to simulate a real interview as much as possible by saying it had to be done in one sitting.

I hope adcoms will be understanding about these types of things. See my post above yours, I imagine we aren't the only ones who will have issues because of the virtual format. Since you can see your responses, you know they're saved. I do wonder if them saying "it has to be done in one sitting" was just either an oversight on their part where they didn't know it could be done in multiple sittings OR they want to simulate a real interview as much as possible by saying it had to be done in one sitting.
Thank goodness someone else had this problem, I can see my responses and can't answer them again but I definitely completed the interview technically in two browser settings. I may contact them about this but don't know how to phrase what happened. After the first interview in the survey, I put how there was a glitch with one of my questions so I hope they can see that. I am able to complete the survey multiple times.

Thank goodness someone else had this problem, I can see my responses and can't answer them again but I definitely completed the interview technically in two browser settings. I may contact them about this but don't know how to phrase what happened. After the first interview in the survey, I put how there was a glitch with one of my questions so I hope they can see that. I am able to complete the survey multiple times.

I can see my responses, not re-record them, and answer the survey seemingly infinite times. I emailed them explaining my mistake, that I told bongo support but they wouldn't get back to me until Monday, and that in case my answers weren't saved or some other weirdness happened, that I wanted to establish the paper trail. I think if you just explain your browser cut out and what bongo said to do, and ask if everything from their end is okay, I would imagine that would be fine.

Thanks!!
I literally just wrote "I got a speeding ticket in 201x" and I got an interview. I don't think they care about a single speeding ticket. If you have like 20 of them or a more serious charge like reckless driving, DUI, etc then those warrant an explanation. Who doesn't drive 10 over on the highway anyways?

I sent it directly to the head of admissions.

Were you at all worried that he wouldn't want to be "bothered" (for lack of a better word) with a thank-you email? Did he respond? I know it makes sense in my head to send my email to him, but I'm still worried.

Were you at all worried that he wouldn't want to be "bothered" (for lack of a better word) with a thank-you email? Did he respond? I know it makes sense in my head to send my email to him, but I'm still worried.
I did, but he replied back to me. Do the same thing and you'll be fine.

anyone know if we can watch the interview prep videos way before doing the interview. I plan on watching them tomorrow and giving the interview day after

anyone know if we can watch the interview prep videos way before doing the interview. I plan on watching them tomorrow and giving the interview day after
yes! i watched the curriculum videos and stuff (i think there were 3) a couple of days before just to really get down the information about the school