2020-2021 Nova Southeastern (MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In case yall were wondering if this school prepares you for Step 1, we recently got our average USMLE scores released for the inaugural class:

US average: 231

NSU MD average: 237

we crushed it

Edit: forgot to mention with 100% 1st attempt pass rate
 
Last edited:
In case yall were wondering if this school prepares you for Step 1, we recently got our average USMLE scores released for the inaugural class:

US average: 231

NSU MD average: 237

we crushed it
that's some awesome stuff right there. Before I was worrying if the KPCOM's poor performance would translate to the MD school due to being overlooked by the same institution but it's clearly not.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still waiting on the VITA invite to come in, I received my II last Thursday at like 7 am so I’m hoping I get the email today. Does anyone have insight into around what time they are usually sent out on Thursdays?
 
Still waiting on the VITA invite to come in, I received my II last Thursday at like 7 am so I’m hoping I get the email today. Does anyone have insight into around what time they are usually sent out on Thursdays?
Yeah, it's 8AM EST. So you should have gotten it last Thursday. This same issue happened with me for another school before my NSU II, so I had to email that school letting them know I hadn't received it. Turns out there was some sort of glitch and many applicants from that school didn't receive it. I would maybe email NSU letting them know?
 
I believe they go out at 8AM EST!
Yeah, it's 8AM EST. So you should have gotten it last Thursday. This same issue happened with me for another school before my NSU II, so I had to email that school letting them know I hadn't received it. Turns out there was some sort of glitch and many applicants from that school didn't receive it. I would maybe email NSU letting them know?
Thank you so much, I emailed them about it. Hopefully I won’t have to wait until next Thursday for it to work because this interview is in two weeks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just logged into the portal to check on my application status and I saw that they're supposed to update within 3 weeks of paying the application fee? I submitted in August and still haven't heard anything, I also never got an application complete email. not sure if we were supposed to or not but now I'm stressed lol
 
I just logged into the portal to check on my application status and I saw that they're supposed to update within 3 weeks of paying the application fee? I submitted in August and still haven't heard anything, I also never got an application complete email. not sure if we were supposed to or not but now I'm stressed lol
Lol they definitely haven’t been sticking to that...don’t panic!!
 
I just logged into the portal to check on my application status and I saw that they're supposed to update within 3 weeks of paying the application fee? I submitted in August and still haven't heard anything, I also never got an application complete email. not sure if we were supposed to or not but now I'm stressed lol
There is a portal for NOVA?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how long did it take to receive further details after confirming II? they said they would send more info after receiving my VITA about a week ago but I had already done VITA and haven't heard anything further.

also, any advice on preparing for the PBL part?
 
On my complete email it says I will "receive a determination on your application within 2-3 weeks of your payment submission". That was on October 6th. Should I reach out to them through email?
 
On my complete email it says I will "receive a determination on your application within 2-3 weeks of your payment submission". That was on October 6th. Should I reach out to them through email?
No, they’re way backed up and they haven’t been sticking to that at all 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad