floridaheatkills
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you mind me asking your stats? Thanks!I got an II this morning after submitting one like 1-2 weeks ago. App complete late August.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do you mind me asking your stats? Thanks!I got an II this morning after submitting one like 1-2 weeks ago. App complete late August.
Do you mind me asking your stats? Thanks!
I was wondering when you interviewed (or how long it took to get a decision). Trying to gauge the current timeline b/w interviews and decisions.Waitlisted, this one hurts
It was exactly two weeks from when I interviewedI was wondering when you interviewed (or how long it took to get a decision). Trying to gauge the current timeline b/w interviews and decisions.
This actually happened to me! Seems like it might just be an error with the emails so I’d email admissions about it.I got a VITA invitation from NOVA yesterday but no II. Can anyone speak to this? I checked my junk and no Ils in there either
I got a VITA invitation from NOVA yesterday but no II. Can anyone speak to this? I checked my junk and no Ils in there either
I got a VITA invitation from NOVA yesterday but no II. Can anyone speak to this? I checked my junk and no Ils in there either
I have notAnyone complete at the end of 9/2020 get an II yet?
Just randomly got an email that my transcript was received... although I submitted everything at the beginning of August haha
months ago I had them sent officially through my school’s registrar or whatever transcript website does it. I can’t even remember which, it was so long ago.you had to send them your transcript?
months ago I had them sent officially through my school’s registrar or whatever transcript website does it. I can’t even remember which, it was so long ago.
Not until you seen accepted. You only have to send officials to verify degree earned.do you know if everyone has to do this I don't remember doing anything transcript-related after AMCAS submission
Yup! Sent mine in last week.
Main admissions email!did you just email adcom?
do they do pre-iii rs here?
Quoted above are some questions I got from an applicant, and I wanted to share them along with my answers below as I feel like it may help others too:
- How does PBL work? Do PBL sessions cut into what would’ve been more lectures or do they seem to be group meetings on top of lecture time, and therefore just overall more time spent with peers? Are the PBL groups what Nova MD lists on their website as your "cohort of 7-8 people" or do PBL groups rotate while your "cohort" remains constant? Also, what is the significance of this "cohort" and does it even play much of a role?
- 50/50 seems like the general quality of med school professors across the country, so I'm not surprised to hear that. Are all lectures recorded, at least? I know you don't have any classes with the DO students, but I assume most professors teach at both the DO and MD schools? On that note, do you know why Nova decided to create an MD program in the first place and how the MD program tries to differentiate itself from the DO program (if at all)?
- Sounds like you all were very prepared for Step 1. I love that they drew from that NBME question bank for your test questions. Did this also apply for Step 2, do you know? (As I’m sure you’re aware, we future med students will now be more focused on Step 2, since Step 1 is becoming P/F)
- Do you think that how new the Nova MD program is has limited your exposure to possible external rotations in places other than south Florida?
- What seems to be Nova MD’s goals for future? Building research prowess? Teaching/curriculum? Public health/ethics?
- Have you or your classmates had a large say in any aspects of the school's future or even how it’s run today?
Waitlisted. Interviewed 11/20
They send them out Thursday early morning usally.Any II's recently?
LMAO ya kind of hurts but on MSAR says between 150-200 waitlisted and 125 accepted off waitlistAnybody else waitlisted today? Interviewed 12/4
That’s crazy! I know of no other school that has that much waitlist movement. Hopefully they start pulling off soon though.LMAO ya kind of hurts but on MSAR says between 150-200 waitlisted and 125 accepted off waitlist
I was complete in Sept and I have not heard anything.Any other September applicants get a II yet? I saw one person from 9/5 get one but no one else. Would love to go to this school!
Same...is this a good thing?I was complete in Sept and I have not heard anything.
Not sure 🙁 I guess silence is better than a rejection.Same...is this a good thing?
Complete mid aug, assuming RI also have not heard anything back yet as of 12/30/20. Completed 8/27/20
do they do silent Rs?Complete mid aug, assuming R
They did last cycle.do they do silent Rs?
AHHHHH congrats!!! Do IIs get sent out at 8 am?II today. Complete 09/25. IS
It was sent at 7 am for me!AHHHHH congrats!!! Do IIs get sent out at 8 am?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.