You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 NYU
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
fair points, I'll leave it blank. I've just seen a lot of the "take every space you can" mentality and I've seen other threads where people take some pretty creative leaps with the prompts, so I was curious if that can/should be done.![]()
I think this is typically referring to the open-ended "anything else?" questions, rather than ones that are specifically asking about academic fluctuations haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many letter of rec are required? I have two uploaded via AMCAS, but the supplemental portal is saying that this section is incomplete without providing further details.
Hi, did it take time for them to mark your letters as received?
Not sure when your letters were submitted to AMCAS but mine were marked as submitted before I completed the secondary
Not sure when your letters were submitted to AMCAS but mine were marked as submitted before I completed the secondary
Mine were marked as received earlier today despite having submitted the secondary ~week ago.
biogirl2020
New Member
How is NYU Grossman sending out secondary applications? I have a friend who received theirs today but I have not.. even though my primary was verified much earlier
Did you all receive a "complete" email? I have a green checkmark next to "application file complete", but I never got a confirmation email, so I just wanted to double check... I believe it was marked complete in the portal about a week ago.
D
deleted1038508
I also have an "application file complete" on 7/21 but I never got the email saying I was complete. Anybody else notice the same?Did you all receive a "complete" email? I have a green checkmark next to "application file complete", but I never got a confirmation email, so I just wanted to double check... I believe it was marked complete in the portal about a week ago.
+1I also have an "application file complete" on 7/21 but I never got the email saying I was complete. Anybody else notice the same?
wpneuro
Full Member
Did you all receive a "complete" email? I have a green checkmark next to "application file complete", but I never got a confirmation email, so I just wanted to double check... I believe it was marked complete in the portal about a week ago.
I also have an "application file complete" on 7/21 but I never got the email saying I was complete. Anybody else notice the same?
I got this email the day I submitted (7/24):
NYU School of Medicine: NYU Grossman School of Medicine- Secondary Application Complete
This will inform you that we have received all forms and credentials required to complete your application. The Committee on Admissions will notify you as soon as any final action is taken.
D
deleted1038508
I never got that email... submitted 7/15 and recs went in 7/21. Is it because you did the tertiary application? Because that’s still a red x for me since I’m not doing it.I got this email the day I submitted (7/24):
NYU School of Medicine: NYU Grossman School of Medicine- Secondary Application Complete
This will inform you that we have received all forms and credentials required to complete your application. The Committee on Admissions will notify you as soon as any final action is taken.
I never got it either 🙁 Submitted 7/14. I just have the checkmark. I wonder if people who submitted the tertiary got the email but not others, since they would have been immediately marked complete, whereas I know the rest of us had to wait a bit before we were marked complete since we didn't submit the tertiary and the portal had to update to reflect that.I never got that email... submitted 7/15 and recs went in 7/21
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wpneuro
Full Member
I never got that email... submitted 7/15 and recs went in 7/21. Is it because you did the tertiary application? Because that’s still a red x for me since I’m not doing it.
I didn't submit the tertiary, since that's only for the three-year program. I just checked, my spreadsheet says I submitted on 7/24 and I got that email also 7/24 (at 2AM), so it must've been soon after? I still have the little red ! next to the tertiary app on the application status, too.
I'm wondering if it might be different for MSTP...?
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
I did not receive a complete email from NYU.
fair points, I'll leave it blank. I've just seen a lot of the "take every space you can" mentality and I've seen other threads where people take some pretty creative leaps with the prompts, so I was curious if that can/should be done.![]()
Wow that is terrible advice. I hope you did not do that on your other secondaries.
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
Re: the fluctuations prompt, I have what the kids call an "upward trend" (mostly Bs fresh and soph years, mostly As junior, senior, and post-bac years), and I didn't even write anything for that prompt. In my mind, a trend is not a fluctuation.
I received the same email and didn't complete the tertiary appI got this email the day I submitted (7/24):
NYU School of Medicine: NYU Grossman School of Medicine- Secondary Application Complete
This will inform you that we have received all forms and credentials required to complete your application. The Committee on Admissions will notify you as soon as any final action is taken.
D
deleted1038508
Weird.. wondering if i should email about never getting a complete emailI received the same email and didn't complete the tertiary app
Just checked back because I didn't remember getting an email, but I got a complete email 7/28 the same day I submitted).
D
deleted1038508
Did anyone else not get a complete email?? Besides @SpreadKindness20
No, but application status says complete.Did anyone else not get a complete email?? Besides @SpreadKindness20
Melanated_Otaku981
Full Member
I know we should take this with a grain of salt, but according to the Tracker. Interviews have been sent out
honestly dont know what to believe anymore lol
yeah the interview tracker is just totally messed up now unfortunately. hard to believe anything on there now. i guess we'll stick to these school specific threads now
Melanated_Otaku981
Full Member
lmaoooooooo I am right there with you. It is usually true if there is at least 5.honestly dont know what to believe anymore lol
Yeah tracker can't be trusted, also they don't send all II at once (especially now that is all virtual ), thus even if some people got II, means nothing ! is early still.lmaoooooooo I am right there with you. It is usually true if there is at least 5.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else not get a complete email?? Besides @SpreadKindness20
Submitted 7/26, never received a complete email but portal says complete
Worth mentioning a single W on a senior elective?If applicable, please comment on significant fluctuations in your academic record which are not explained elsewhere on your application.
no that’s not significant
I had a good feeling that was the answer, but you never know haha
ice cheems
Full Member
Nope! I've heard that drawing attention to a very minor case like that is considered negatively, almost like you're the type of person to whom a single setback or failure is the end of the world.Worth mentioning a single W on a senior elective?
Yeah tracker can't be trusted, also they don't send all II at once (especially now that is all virtual ), thus even if some people got II, means nothing ! is early still.
Ya, I don't know why anybody thinks that anonymous online interview trackers would ever be honest. There are so many trolls, and just plain dicks out there that would want to lie to stress people out.
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
I've given up on that resource. It was a nice idea but didn't work out.Anyone think the II on the tracker from today is real? (Stats of 527/3.94 definitely checks out for NYU!). Anyone else get an II today?
Please describe your motivation for pursuing a residency, detailing how past experiences have shaped your desire to pursue this career path. (2500 char)
For this secondary question for the 3 YR track, does this mean why I want to pursue a career as a physician in general, or the specific track that I have chosen?
For this secondary question for the 3 YR track, does this mean why I want to pursue a career as a physician in general, or the specific track that I have chosen?
gogogogogogogogo
Full Member
does this mean why I want to pursue a career as a physician in general, or the specific track that I have chosen?
The tertiary application is reviewed by the residency program, so this question likely refers to the specific track you indicated at the beginning of the tertiary.
The tertiary application is reviewed by the residency program, so this question likely refers to the specific track you indicated at the beginning of the tertiary.
Please describe your motivation for pursuing a residency, detailing how past experiences have shaped your desire to pursue this career path. (2500 char)
What do you believe the three most important qualities are that make for not only a successful resident, but ultimately an ideal physician in this field? (2500 char)
These are the two questions for the tertiary. So you think both of them are referring to the specific residency program?
You're probably right, just the wording is a bit weird.
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
Just to confirm, are there other people who were complete in early August (or earlier) and still haven't received a "complete" email from NYU?
submitted 7/15, portal said i was complete 7/16, never got an emailJust to confirm, are there other people who were complete in early August (or earlier) and still haven't received a "complete" email from NYU?
D
deleted1062149
I got the email 3x...Just to confirm, are there other people who were complete in early August (or earlier) and still haven't received a "complete" email from NYU?
Also not received the "complete" email yet but the portal says I'm complete. Has anyone reached out to them to ask yet?Just to confirm, are there other people who were complete in early August (or earlier) and still haven't received a "complete" email from NYU?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SoccerKeeper00
Full Member
I think that's correct, so I don't think it would be bad to reach out. When did your primary get verified/get transmitted to NYU?Would now be a good time to reach out and ask why I haven't received a secondary yet? I didnt think they screened
I believe it was the first day, 7/10I think that's correct, so I don't think it would be bad to reach out. When did your primary get verified/get transmitted to NYU?
eagledoc2025
Full Member
they just tweeted that IIs going out today! Good luck everyone!
kittensneezes
Full Member
II! Omg
3.99/526 complete 07/14
3.99/526 complete 07/14
II! LM 81, complete 8/26!
