Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sad but true I guess@viralhiker : to be fair 520 and 3.89 are low for nyu lol
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sad but true I guess@viralhiker : to be fair 520 and 3.89 are low for nyu lol
I guess it depends what you consider "low." NYU's 25th percentile is 519, so 25% of the people who get in have score of 519 or lower. Their 10th percentile is 516.@viralhiker : to be fair 520 and 3.89 are low for nyu lol
According to the Twittter, yesHas there only been one wave of interviews thus far?
Physicians shouldn't be entitled to hazard pay unless the nurses, nurse assistants, respiratory therapists, and environmental associates are also getting hazard pay
Almost all other allied health professionals make much less than this, and financial recovery would be much more difficult.
Our health system lost 50 million dollars in just a few months due to canceled elective surgeries
All managers and administrators took a pay cut.
Nobody was getting hazard pay
Seriously, people. If you want to be a doctor for the money, you're doing it for the wrong reason. Some people have lost everything because of COVID.
Yep, it do be like that sometimes. The process is a crapshoot. Nothing is guaranteed. But wow, that’s great to hear!@Local-Chef pretty sure it’s been one wave so far... also, you interviewed here but didn’t get an acceptance anywhere?

I did not write about my upward trend, because as you're alluding to, a trend is not a fluctuation. I think a fluctuation would be an unexplained dip.Still filling out the secondary
For the fluctuations in academic record, did anyone take that to mean only a downward dip in GPA?
Or can it apply to my situation where I started with a 2.9 freshman year and improved to a 4.0 the rest of college?
Feel like fluctuation implies a U shaped trend but I'm curious what others put. Thanks!
Finishing up my secondary. The question on where I see my career... can I get a hand with that? I don't know what type of medicine I'd like to practice. I think maybe something procedural/ surgical since I love working with my hands. I'm interested in GI. I'm interested in surgery. I could be talked into most anything at this point though. I've been sitting in this question for a while, not quite sure where to go with it. Any help is appreciated.
I doubt you would've screwed up but, given their unique status, does anyone happen to know whether they interview anyone who was interviewed and rejected in a prior cycle? Maybe that's the issue and it's totally beyond your control?Interviewed first wave here last cycle but didn’t get one yet for this cycle 🙁 Worried I might've screwed up lol
Maybe. But I was waitlisted so not like I messed up enough to just be rejected off the bat. So idkI doubt you would've screwed up but, given their unique status, does anyone happen to know whether they interview anyone who was interviewed and rejected in a prior cycle? Maybe that's the issue and it's totally beyond your control?
I don't know enough about it, and I'm not applying until next year.Maybe. But I was waitlisted so not like I messed up enough to just be rejected off the bat. So idk
Or, no news is no news. As has been repeated umpteen times, no matter how many times people choose to ignore it, and how many times people ask for complete dates whenever any action is reported, APPLICATIONS ARE NOT REVIEWED CHRONOLOGICALLY!!!!!!!Congrats to everyone getting iis! So I'm seeing some very late complete dates.. can we generally assume that if ours was in early no news is bad news?
RTCongrats to everyone getting iis! So I'm seeing some very late complete dates.. can we generally assume that if ours was in early no news is bad news?
it seems like there are a similar number of early (July) and "late" (Sept) complete dates that got II's today though? I was complete 7/16 and I'm still hopefulCongrats to everyone getting iis! So I'm seeing some very late complete dates.. can we generally assume that if ours was in early no news is bad news?
No reason not to be. All not hearing means is that you are in a pile that hasn't been reviewed yet, or your app is with a reviewer who is slower than others, or maybe you were actually reviewed and put aside, maybe for consideration later, or not. You have no way to know which situation applies to you, so there is no reason not to be optimistic until they are done issuing IIs.it seems like there are a similar number of early (July) and "late" (Sept) complete dates that got II's today though? I was complete 7/16 and I'm still hopeful
That's a good point! Hard to not speculate (and catastrophize) during this process hahait seems like there are a similar number of early (July) and "late" (Sept) complete dates that got II's today though? I was complete 7/16 and I'm still hopeful
Yeah I think it's especially harder when things come out in waves. Feels like I've missed the train or something ...That's a good point! Hard to not speculate (and catastrophize) during this process haha
Congrats to everyone getting iis! So I'm seeing some very late complete dates.. can we generally assume that if ours was in early no news is bad news?
That's not correct. At some schools, applications are indeed reviewed chronologically. BUSM's complete email explicitly states, "Applications are reviewed in the order in which they were completed."Or, no news is no news. As has been repeated umpteen times, no matter how many times people choose to ignore it, and how many times people ask for complete dates whenever any action is reported, APPLICATIONS ARE NOT REVIEWED CHRONOLOGICALLY!!!!!!! Anywhere.
Maybe. I'm not on any adcoms, so I cannot tell you first hand what any school does, and if BUSM says that, then they are the exception to every rule recited by the adcoms who do post here (who universally state that applications are stratified and reviewed based on whatever priorities the school sets - legacies, big donors, athletes, military, URMs, high stat, etc.), as well as all of the applicants on all of the school specific threads who report IIs in no chronological order whatsoever.That's not correct. At some schools, applications are indeed reviewed chronologically. BUSM's complete email explicitly states, "Applications are reviewed in the order in which they were completed."
I think it's more accurate to say that most schools do not make *decisions* on applications chronologically. It's still early in the cycle, and people who may have applied in July or August will invariably be invited to interview at schools in December, January, and even February.
I didn't say my point applied to NYU, or any other school. I think you are looking for a rule to be universally true, and I am pointing out that's not the case.Maybe. I'm not on any adcoms, so I cannot tell you first hand what any school does, and if BUSM says that, then they are the exception to every rule recited by the adcoms who do post here (who universally state that applications are stratified and reviewed based on whatever priorities the school sets - legacies, big donors, URMs, high stat, etc.), as well as all of the applicants on all of the school specific threads who report IIs in no chronological order whatsoever.
Even here, today, we have people with IIs being complete in July and September. Notwithstanding what BUSM says in its e-mail, we have no reason to believe every application marked complete in August has been reviewed at NYU just because someone complete on 9/4 received an II today.
Is the admissions office pranking us
I thot no acceptances before oct 15
My boi Dean Rivera told us they would start sending decisions Oct 1 but I guess they already started!!Is the admissions office pranking us
I thot no acceptances before oct 15
But I thought there was an AMCAS rule that 10/15 was the earliest date! Maybe not? Or, like everything else nowadays, it's a "guideline" rather than a requirement?My boi Dean Rivera told us they would start sending decisions Oct 1 but I guess they already started!!
I stand corrected, and removed the word "anywhere" in my other post in light of the fact that apparently some schools are strictly chronological. Given the fact that they are a small minority, I still think complete dates are irrelevant at the vast majority of schools that do not conduct reviews chronologically.I didn't say my point applied to NYU, or any other school. I think you are looking for a rule to be universally true, and I am pointing out that's not the case.
I'm pointing out that it is incorrect for you to say "applications are not reviewed chronologically anywhere" as you did above. They are indeed reviewed chronologically by some schools. By all schools? No. By most schools? Perhaps not.
You need not chastise people for asking about complete dates or for, in your words, ignoring what others have said. Be a little more kind, perhaps.
Has anyone been accepted or was that tweet ahead of time?? Do we know if all acceptances for the first round of interviews are out now or if they're still sending them out? Has anyone that's interviewed received a rejection or hold email?
I thought schools had to wait until October 15th to send acceptances?They’ve been pretty good about updates so I would guess people did get accepted on that date.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.