2021-2022 NYU (Grossman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So with rounding for simplicity’s sake it sounds like -
10k applicants —>
9k pre-II R’s ; 1k interviews —>
100 A’s ; 500 post-II R’s ; 400 post-II CR’s —>
200 post-CR R’s ; 200 post-CR WL’s —>
< 50 post-WL A’s ; 150+ post-WL R’s

?
I think 1k interviews is too generous. I think gave a hair over 800 last year.

Members don't see this ad.

Wait when was the last time they gave As? Like for what interview date because I didn't see any reported A for week of 12/06 going forward what if they gave everyone CR who is that late?

Wait when was the last time they gave As? Like for what interview date because I didn't see any reported A for week of 12/06 going forward what if they gave everyone CR who is that late?
I'm sure As went out we just didn't hear about them rip. Hoping that we get As this afternoon though

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been on CR since the beginning of october and im going crazy over here

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
does anyone know if the 3YMD application on the portal is the same as the app you would complete if you opt in first/second year?

Just got the call :) Looks like calls are going out throughout the week, not just Fridays (was put in CR last week, interviewed Mid December)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got the call :) Looks like calls are going out throughout the week, not just Fridays (was put in CR last week, interviewed Mid December)
A true icon, giving all of us recent CRs a sliver of hope 😂, congratulations!!

Reactions: 1 users
A true icon, giving all of us recent CRs a sliver of hope 😂, congratulations!!
congrats!!! my toxic trait is thinking that this means i still have a chance after being put on CR in october

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if all CR applicants are in one mega pool, regardless of when we interviewed at this point. OR if they’re still scaffolding by interview date/CR notif. If it’s the latter, I wonder if the rest of us have already been passed over. Hopefully not!!!!

I wonder if all CR applicants are in one mega pool, regardless of when we interviewed at this point. OR if they’re still scaffolding by interview date/CR notif. If it’s the latter, I wonder if the rest of us have already been passed over. Hopefully not!!!!
I think we're one big pool? I remember Dean Rivera telling us that all applications still in limbo are considered at each adcom meeting. if not, then I fortunately have made peace with the R/WL waiting for me at the end of this week haha

Reactions: 1 user
Got the call last Friday :)! Got an email for CR in the morning and then the A a few hours later. Interviewed mid-dec.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got the call last Friday :)! Got an email for CR in the morning and then the A a few hours later. Interviewed mid-dec.
😯. Their CR process is the most amusing/ confusing/ aneurysm inducing thing I’ve encountered this whole application cycle. Gotta love it 😂

y'all it is NOT looking good...

why do they have to wait until Friday for the Rs and WLs...hit me with it now
please just chill out for your own sanity. you’re either going to get in or you’re not. no need to sweat it so much while waiting

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Maybe some of us will be buzzer beater admits??? Hoping luck swings in our favor ASAP! We’re still in the running!!

Reactions: 7 users
tm should be the day to hear back one way or the other. goodluck everyone! May the odds be ever in your favor

tm should be the day to hear back one way or the other. goodluck everyone! May the odds be ever in your favor
I am ready for this to be over! Thanks to everyone in this group who dealt with my stress and insecurity following the CR. I hope all of our med school dreams come true, even if it's not here :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

At this point, I am just trying to convince myself that I got rejected instead of giving myself false expectations.
It is what it is.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I am ready for this to be over! Thanks to everyone in this group who dealt with my stress and insecurity following the CR. I hope all of our med school dreams come true, even if it's not here :)
It has been a journey seeing your posts on this forum haha. as someone who has also been on CR since october, your "stress and insecurity" is certainly understandable and relatable. Good luck in all your med school endeavors!

Any news? 😬
none for me! I think we may have just assumed that mid-January meant today (I don't remember being told an exact date) so maybe we're all holding our breaths for nothing. Fortunately, it's helping me chill out on this lovely Friday

Just for the sake of transparency, they sent an email earlier this for a welcome kickoff session for the class of 2026 scheduled early next week, my feeling is that they are done with direct acceptances based off this, but you never know.

I hope you all find peace and hope this helps. What’s meant for you will come in due time.
Thanks for sharing! I think we're all just waiting to see if we'll get waitlisted at this point.

Thanks for sharing! I think we're all just waiting to see if we'll get waitlisted at this point.
I am a little curious about what's going on - you'd think that if they were done making calls, they might just go ahead and send the emails about waitlists, etc. Of course they might be still trying to figure out R vs WL, and I might have been wrong in thinking that today would be the "mid-January" day of destiny.

I am a little curious about what's going on - you'd think that if they were done making calls, they might just go ahead and send the emails about waitlists, etc. Of course they might be still trying to figure out R vs WL, and I might have been wrong in thinking that today would be the "mid-January" day of destiny.
yeah, earlier I was thinking that it wouldn't come today, but based off of the earlier post (now deleted) they already know their As and are moving ahead with getting them hyped (though who needs to help with getting hyped about NYU?) So that does make me think they're all done with decisions and we would hear back today. They probably are just working out how to split us between Rs and WLs, as you said.

last year it seems that CR decisions came out on jan 29th.. i think they were told a mid-january initially and then got an email on jan 14th saying everyone on CR would hear by the end of the month. who knows what will happen this year 😮‍💨

• Wow
Post-interview R received just now, interviewed mid September, best of luck to everyone! <3

• Care
Post-II R just now, was put on cont review a long time ago.

• Care
Post II R, congrats to all who got it in! :)

• Care
Waitlist! Honestly thrilled

Edit: they also said the WL is much smaller than in recent years

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlist! Cheers to everyone who gets to ride this ride until May! 💀

• Care
Waitlist after continual review! LM 81, OOS, interviewed first week!

Glad to have clarity after all those months of waiting. 😅😅😅

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an MD degree awardee email from NYU! They said they were so impressed with my app, I could receive the MD degree now! I guess now I need to get my residency app going? Need to get in contact with Knight Doc for some of his advice now!

• Haha
just got waitlisted after being on CR! Honestly super excited, good luck to everyone on the WL :) hopefully we see some movement!

waitlisted, interviewed mid-november. anyone know the odds of getting in off the waitlist historically?

Waitlisted post CR. Also I asked during my interview, its an unranked waitlist.

Waitlisted, been on CR since 12/10! Fingers crossed for some movement, but now we have peace until April/May. I am glad that Dean Rivera will host an info session because I'm not exactly sure how all of this squares with commit to enroll deadlines at different schools and such. Also, do we have to do anything to confirm our spot on the waitlist?

WL after CR in October. Mixed feelings… part of me just wants this to be over lol