You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 NYU (Grossman)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Got my R a few days before x-mas, interviewed early November. It seems pretty bleak to seemingly be one of the only ppl rejected leading up to the holidays, but I’m thankful my wait wasn’t drawn out for an inevitable R. I wish the rest of you best of luck, this school is a catch! Cheers to you, Dean Rivera! You guys run a tight ship!
DogeCoinToDaMoon
Full Member
any calls today? ik during my interview, dean Rivera said he calls a lot on mondays and fridays. 2 fridays and 1 monday to go (for mid jan timeline)😬
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
beepbeep197
Full Member
sending you love and also I commend you and your honesty. I feel like a lot of people don't post their post-II Rs here and that makes others feel bad about getting it... I hope your med school dreams come true my dudeGot my R a few days before x-mas, interviewed early November. It seems pretty bleak to seemingly be one of the only ppl rejected leading up to the holidays, but I’m thankful my wait wasn’t drawn out for an inevitable R. I wish the rest of you best of luck, this school is a catch! Cheers to you, Dean Rivera! You guys run a tight ship!
Don't feel bad. You are certainly not alone -- there is definitely a bias against posting post-II Rs.Got my R a few days before x-mas, interviewed early November. It seems pretty bleak to seemingly be one of the only ppl rejected leading up to the holidays, but I’m thankful my wait wasn’t drawn out for an inevitable R. I wish the rest of you best of luck, this school is a catch! Cheers to you, Dean Rivera! You guys run a tight ship!
The bottom line is that just receiving an II from NYU is a strong indicator of likelihood of success elsewhere. Also, and I am not saying this to freak anyone out before they receive a decision, but the numbers indicate that the vast majority of everyone who interviews at NYU is ultimately going to receive a R (85%+).
NYU is an awesome lottery ticket, but it's really difficult to cash it in and there is no shame in receiving a post-II R.
beepbeep197
Full Member
so few calls are being reported here like dang. Maybe the Venn diagram of successful NYU applicants and people tweaking on SDN has a narrow to non-existent crossover lmaoany calls today? ik during my interview, dean Rivera said he calls a lot on mondays and fridays. 2 fridays and 1 monday to go (for mid jan timeline)😬
beepbeep197
Full Member
I'm freaking out 😩Don't feel bad. You are certainly not alone -- there is definitely a bias against posting post-II Rs.
The bottom line is that just receiving an II from NYU is a strong indicator of likelihood of success elsewhere. Also, and I am not saying this to freak anyone out before they receive a decision, but the numbers indicate that the vast majority of everyone who interviews at NYU is ultimately going to receive a R (85%+).
NYU is an awesome lottery ticket, but it's really difficult to cash it in and there is no shame in receiving a post-II R.
Please, please don't. I urge you to think of it like a lottery ticket that would be absolutely fantastic to win but not something to count on.I'm freaking out 😩
If you can do it, it will make you less anxious while waiting. You won't be any less excited if you get it, but won't be nearly as disappointed if you don't.
beepbeep197
Full Member
My silly little brain is so good at grasping onto the slightest bit of hope...damn me and my optimism. Also ik this is hard to convey over the internet but I was joking with my "I'm freaking out" haha I did not mean to make you feel bad about what you posted!Please, please don't. I urge you to think of it like a lottery ticket that would be absolutely fantastic to win but not something to count on.
If you can do it, it will make you less anxious while waiting. You won't be any less excited if you get it, but won't be nearly as disappointed if you don't.
New-Pea4013
New Member
For the people the interviewed the week of 12/6, did y’all all hear back a decision or are some still waiting?
Fair enough. But trust me, plenty of people are definitely freaking out. Hopefully at least one person will chill a little after reading my post!My silly little brain is so good at grasping onto the slightest bit of hope...damn me and my optimism. Also ik this is hard to convey over the internet but I was joking with my "I'm freaking out" haha I did not mean to make you feel bad about what you posted!
I only feel bad when I inadvertently say something someone finds condescending or insulting, which happens way too often with my tin ear. I don't feel bad when I take someone literally because I'm too dense to read between the electrons. 🙂
lofifruits
Full Member
Got my R a few days before x-mas, interviewed early November. It seems pretty bleak to seemingly be one of the only ppl rejected leading up to the holidays, but I’m thankful my wait wasn’t drawn out for an inevitable R. I wish the rest of you best of luck, this school is a catch! Cheers to you, Dean Rivera! You guys run a tight ship!
Genuinely, thank you so much for sharing. Does it seem like NYU is sending continued review rejections right now? Based on last year, I was under the impression that CR rejections all happen on one day, the same day the waitlist is put out. A bit confused over here 🤨
Dean Rivera made it seem like CR decisions can go out at any time (acceptances or rejections) but I haven't seen anyone on the thread post about a rejection. Since the mid-January date is so close, I'm assuming anyone still on continued review will get waitlisted or rejected on that date, whenever it is. I'm guessing 1/14 since it's a Friday lolGenuinely, thank you so much for sharing. Does it seem like NYU is sending continued review rejections right now? Based on last year, I was under the impression that CR rejections all happen on one day, the same day the waitlist is put out. A bit confused over here 🤨
beepbeep197
Full Member
Yeah, so I think if we're still on CR at the mid-Jan point, we get hit with the R or the WL. Not much time remains until we know our fate hahaGenuinely, thank you so much for sharing. Does it seem like NYU is sending continued review rejections right now? Based on last year, I was under the impression that CR rejections all happen on one day, the same day the waitlist is put out. A bit confused over here 🤨
I wonder if there will be small wave of CR A’s this week or even the same day as the CR R/WL release.. like ostensibly they haven’t filled their class yet, interview season is almost over if not over, so maybe there’ll be a little batch of CR A’s this Friday or next to get to that 110 number (unless they already are there)
Anyone know if they’re done with interview dates?
Anyone know if they’re done with interview dates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
beepbeep197
Full Member
I haven't seen any IIs posted here of late... I think the last dates were in early/mid December. I remember seeing someone post that most CR-->As take place after the new year, so hopefully some of us will benefit from that this week or next!I wonder if there will be small wave of CR A’s this week or even the same day as the CR R/WL release.. like ostensibly they haven’t filled their class yet, interview season is almost over if not over, so maybe there’ll be a little batch of CR A’s this Friday or next to get to that 110 number (unless they already are there)
Anyone know if they’re done with interview dates?
beepbeep197
Full Member
it's this post! This was made Dec 9th, so interviews are doneAgree with the chilling on the neuroticism, but can drop some info. I was talking to the admissions office earlier and they mentioned that next week is the last week of the interview cycle. That means 80 interview slots remaining, but I am sure that most of those IIs have gone out already since the dates are not far away and we are nearly at the end of this business week.
D
deleted1092328
A recently!
keep the faith!
keep the faith!
Ferdaos
Full Member
Congratulations!! When did you interview?A recently!
keep the faith!
D
deleted1092328
early november!Congratulations!! When did you interview?
NYU MSTP A today!
beepbeep197
Full Member
does this mean they're calling for us MD plebs or no 😩
NormalUsername42
Full Member
I guess we'll find out!does this mean they're calling for us MD plebs or no 😩
Don't give me hope 🙂I wonder if there will be small wave of CR A’s this week or even the same day as the CR R/WL release.. like ostensibly they haven’t filled their class yet, interview season is almost over if not over, so maybe there’ll be a little batch of CR A’s this Friday or next to get to that 110 number (unless they already are there)
Anyone know if they’re done with interview dates?
pharmabro11
Full Member
This may have been asked already, but does anyone know if there's a Facebook group for accepted students?
beepbeep197
Full Member
okay we are manifesting As for everyone on continued review. say it with me friends.
NormalUsername42
Full Member
I’ll throw my hat in the manifesting ring too ~~~~~~okay we are manifesting As for everyone on continued review. say it with me friends.
beepbeep197
Full Member
ok I am actually on the floor bc the two people who liked my comment were NormalUsername24 and creativeusername2191. thank you both for brightening my day
NormalUsername42
Full Member
Oof…I manifested an R 🙁
Not yet!This may have been asked already, but does anyone know if there's a Facebook group for accepted students?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received this email… is this continuing review? I’m confused by the wording.
“Your application has been reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Though we are unable to offer you an acceptance at this time, please rest assured that your application will be continually reviewed by the Admissions Committee for a potential seat in our entering class.”
“Your application has been reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Though we are unable to offer you an acceptance at this time, please rest assured that your application will be continually reviewed by the Admissions Committee for a potential seat in our entering class.”
yep, thats continuing reviewReceived this email… is this continuing review? I’m confused by the wording.
“Your application has been reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Though we are unable to offer you an acceptance at this time, please rest assured that your application will be continually reviewed by the Admissions Committee for a potential seat in our entering class.”
beepbeep197
Full Member
Oh no 🙁 Well you must be an amazing candidate regardless and I hope your other As realize that you are a CATCH! Was this post CR or post interview???Oof…I manifested an R 🙁
beepbeep197
Full Member
I'm surprised they are giving out CRs this late in the game. Like we all have to have a decision next week right??yep, thats continuing review
NormalUsername42
Full Member
Post interview, interviewed mid December thoughOh no 🙁 Well you must be an amazing candidate regardless and I hope your other As realize that you are a CATCH! Was this post CR or post interview???
yeah i'm surprised too.. i think the batch of decisions today was from their final week interviewing, so I guess this last week or two is when they divy up who on the CR goes where. to me it seems like NYU is being very cautious about who they're accepting AND rejecting.. there's no way to know but it just seems like the CR list is pretty large 🤔I'm surprised they are giving out CRs this late in the game. Like we all have to have a decision next week right??
edit: granted, their waitlist has 250 spots (i think?? if i'm remembering MSAR correctly) and only 50 get off typically, so..?
SchmuckNugget
Full Member
I also just got CR! Interviewed on 12/15. I guess we're probably looking at A/R next Friday.
This is what I’ve been thinking too, but I think reporting bias is also very prevalent in that we mostly see CR posts on SDN and not as many R posts even if the numbers are the same or more R’s.yeah i'm surprised too.. i think the batch of decisions today was from their final week interviewing, so I guess this last week or two is when they divy up who on the CR goes where. to me it seems like NYU is being very cautious about who they're accepting AND rejecting.. there's no way to know but it just seems like the CR list is pretty large 🤔
I think there will be a lot of R’s next week or whenever from the CR group too
Does anyone know if we can realistically expect to turn a CR into an A next week if we interviewed during their last session?
I really liked nyu so I’m trying to if I should still keep my hopes up or not haha
I really liked nyu so I’m trying to if I should still keep my hopes up or not haha
I also just got CR! Interviewed on 12/15. I guess we're probably looking at A/R next Friday.
You’re probably looking at WL. I don’t see any other reason they would put ppl from the last week of interviewing on CR. Keep in mind all their waitlisted come from the CR pool…
beepbeep197
Full Member
Yeah... I think the rest of us are looking at a WL/R at this point 🙁 I can't imagine how the people who have been on CR since the beginning of the cycle feel. For me, it's only been a month of hoping.
beepbeep197
Full Member
This is what I’ve been thinking too, but I think reporting bias is also very prevalent in that we mostly see CR posts on SDN and not as many R posts even if the numbers are the same or more R’s.
I think there will be a lot of R’s next week or whenever from the CR group too
I remember Dean Rivera saying that half of the CR people end up on the waitlist, so I guess there are 500 or so of us on CR? That's so many people for like ten seats at this point lmaoyeah i'm surprised too.. i think the batch of decisions today was from their final week interviewing, so I guess this last week or two is when they divy up who on the CR goes where. to me it seems like NYU is being very cautious about who they're accepting AND rejecting.. there's no way to know but it just seems like the CR list is pretty large 🤔
edit: granted, their waitlist has 250 spots (i think?? if i'm remembering MSAR correctly) and only 50 get off typically, so..?
beepbeep197
Full Member
I also have no clue how many people NYU interviews, so this could be completely wrong. I don't have MSAR so this number might not make much sense.I remember Dean Rivera saying that half of the CR people end up on the waitlist, so I guess there are 500 or so of us on CR? That's so many people for like ten seats at this point lmao
He also mentioned at the last session that he wants to try and keep the WL this cycle at max 200, not 250I remember Dean Rivera saying that half of the CR people end up on the waitlist, so I guess there are 500 or so of us on CR? That's so many people for like ten seats at this point lmao
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
beepbeep197
Full Member
I guess that's valid but dangHe also mentioned at the last session that he wants to try and keep the WL this cycle at max 200, not 250
lofifruits
Full Member
…..so are CR acceptances kind of done? Thought we’d see a few more this/next week.
beepbeep197
Full Member
There'll be a few calls today and next week, but I don't think there are a ton of seats left anyways…..so are CR acceptances kind of done? Thought we’d see a few more this/next week.
So with rounding for simplicity’s sake it sounds like -
10k applicants —>
9k pre-II R’s ; 1k interviews —>
100 A’s ; 500 post-II R’s ; 400 post-II CR’s —>
200 post-CR R’s ; 200 post-CR WL’s —>
< 50 post-WL A’s ; 150+ post-WL R’s
?
10k applicants —>
9k pre-II R’s ; 1k interviews —>
100 A’s ; 500 post-II R’s ; 400 post-II CR’s —>
200 post-CR R’s ; 200 post-CR WL’s —>
< 50 post-WL A’s ; 150+ post-WL R’s
?
serotonin1
Full Member
Y’all are killing me with this analysis 😩 let me stress in peace