-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 NYU
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
kittensneezes
Full Member
It took them 2 weeks to get back to me.When did you all interview to get these emails this week? (How long did they take to release decisions?)
joshuamarcus
Full Member
It took them 2 weeks to get back to me.
Did you go to the student panel?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kittensneezes
Full Member
yep!Did you go to the student panel?
joshuamarcus
Full Member
yep!
Do you know if we have to keep our camera on? I’ll be at work but I want to just listen in
kittensneezes
Full Member
They didn't say you had to (and it was pretty chill), but all the interviewees did have their camera on and seemed to still be in 'interview mode' if that makes sense.Do you know if we have to keep our camera on? I’ll be at work but I want to just listen in
hopper98
Full Member
Were people dressed casually or in formal wear?They didn't say you had to (and it was pretty chill), but all the interviewees did have their camera on and seemed to still be in 'interview mode' if that makes sense.
kittensneezes
Full Member
It ran the gamut of casual-->suitsWere people dressed casually or in formal wear?
hopper98
Full Member
oh boy... thanks!It ran the gamut of casual-->suits
A earlier today. Still trying to process if this is my real life
Congratulations!!! Did you originally get the hold email earlier this week too, or just the A today?A earlier today. Still trying to process if this is my real life
I didn’t get any email!Congratulations!!! Did you originally get the hold email earlier this week too, or just the A today?
The next II wave has to be bound to come out soon... they’ve only released two right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I'm interviewing here soon and saw on the 'Guide for Applicants' document that we should have "paper and pen to take notes as needed." Is this because we're allowed to take notes during our MMI stations (the 2 min prep period)? Or is this more for notes about the school/program during the informational presentations before/after the interview? Thanks in advance for any insight!
Hey guys! I'm interviewing here soon and saw on the 'Guide for Applicants' document that we should have "paper and pen to take notes as needed." Is this because we're allowed to take notes during our MMI stations (the 2 min prep period)? Or is this more for notes about the school/program during the informational presentations before/after the interview? Thanks in advance for any insight!
You can use the paper and pencil to take notes during the 2 minute prep period! I used it for both scenarios you mentioned
Does anyone know if the MSTP MMI is separate from the ones for MD only?
When I interviewed, all the people in my MMI session were MSTP applicants.
Thanks! I guess they must be interviewing way more for MSTP this yearWhen I interviewed, all the people in my MMI session were MSTP applicants.
justaregularguy
New Member
Hey guys! I'm interviewing here soon and saw on the 'Guide for Applicants' document that we should have "paper and pen to take notes as needed." Is this because we're allowed to take notes during our MMI stations (the 2 min prep period)? Or is this more for notes about the school/program during the informational presentations before/after the interview? Thanks in advance for any insight!
Is it just me, or do other people's interview tabs not have a 'Guide for Applicants' document?
I don't have it on my portal either. It is on the website though!Is it just me, or do other people's interview tabs not have a 'Guide for Applicants' document?
Last edited:
justaregularguy
New Member
I don't have it on my portal either. It is on the website though!
Cool, thanks! Is this the page you're referring to: What to Expect from the MD Multiple Mini Interview | NYU Langone Health
Yup! Just curious, for anyone who's interviewing soon, does the interview tab show anything besides your picture and confirmed date?Cool, thanks! Is this the page you're referring to: What to Expect from the MD Multiple Mini Interview | NYU Langone Health
Did we need to upload a picture for this school? I completely don't remember lolYup! Just curious, for anyone who's interviewing soon, does the interview tab show anything besides your picture and confirmed date?
The Interview tab on my portal doesn't show that. It has my interview date at the top, a link to the Guide for Applicants, some instructions for downloading Zoom, itinerary, etc. (basically all the info in the automated email I got after selecting an interview date). No picture.
Is it maybe different between programs? I'm applying MD.
Ah, yeah maybe. I got the instructions in an email but didn't have those posted in the portal. Is there one single zoom link?Did we need to upload a picture for this school? I completely don't remember lol
The Interview tab on my portal doesn't show that. It has my interview date at the top, a link to the Guide for Applicants, some instructions for downloading Zoom, itinerary, etc. (basically all the info in the automated email I got after selecting an interview date). No picture.
Is it maybe different between programs? I'm applying MD.
justaregularguy
New Member
I'm also applying MSTP, and all I see is a picture and confirmed date! I guess it is slightly different between programs. And yeah I think there's just one Zoom link for the entire interview day.Ah, yeah maybe. I got the instructions in an email but didn't have those posted in the portal. Is there one single zoom link?
lessiknowthebetter
Full Member
Wow just realized I haven’t submitted this app yet. Do you guys think it’s too late to apply at this point? Especially since interviews end in December?
Dang, sorry to hear that. It wouldn’t be ideal, but you never know. I’d base my decision on how many other interviews I had and the cost of their secondary fee. If $100 is a lot to you, and you have other great interviews, I’d skip it. If not, I’d go ahead with submitting now.Wow just realized I haven’t submitted this app yet. Do you guys think it’s too late to apply at this point? Especially since interviews end in December?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pilotdiver
Full Member
Nope, just normal MMI questionsHey y'all I have an interview here soon. Do we know if team-work MMI questions will still be done? I was a bit unsure since everything is online now through zoom.
D
deleted1062149
How do MMI questions work via Zoom? Do you just click different Zoom links after you're done?
How do MMI questions work via Zoom? Do you just click different Zoom links after you're done?
Haven't done it at NYU, but I've done virtual MMI at another school -- we were placed into breakout rooms over Zoom for our one-on-one interviews and would return to the main Zoom meeting after each interview before getting reassigned to our next interview. It worked fairly smoothly imo
Can confirm this is how NYU is doing MMIsHaven't done it at NYU, but I've done virtual MMI at another school -- we were placed into breakout rooms over Zoom for our one-on-one interviews and would return to the main Zoom meeting after each interview before getting reassigned to our next interview. It worked fairly smoothly imo
septembersveryown__
New Member
hey, guys! did anyone who interviewed the week of 10/6 hear back yet?
WhiteMage79
Full Member
hey, guys! did anyone who interviewed the week of 10/6 hear back yet?
Nope....
hey, guys! did anyone who interviewed the week of 10/6 hear back yet?
Nope....
Shucks, I thought Dean Rivera said 2-3 weeks to hear back after interviews.
zelazowawola
New Member
Hi everyone, I have another quick question about the MMI - do they mix in more traditional-style questions, too, or are they all scenarios? No worries if this question feels too specific!
D
deleted1038508
What are you uploading hahaanyone know how many additional docs we can add to the portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
this thread is super silent both for those who interviewed and for II's..
D
deleted1062149
Attended it via Zoom. Not sure anyone really keeps record of these. It wasn't really geared towards incoming med students.Did everyone get the email about the Rudin fellowship showcase? I can’t tell if they expect us to attend or they’re just trying to fill the zoom room
Were you In the second wave of interview invites?I’m interviewing in less than 2 weeks. When should I expect to hear back from them regarding their post interview decisions?