2020-2021 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 11/6, hold on 11/23, accepted yesterday

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
They're moving quickly this year!

Does anyone know if any MD/MPH applicants have been accepted? Seems like only MD acceptances so far?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if any MD/MPH applicants have been accepted? Seems like only MD acceptances so far?
Not that I’ve seen. Maybe it’s like MD/PhD where they make all the decisions after interviews are finished? Last PhD interview is January and decisions start to go out February. So maybe mid-March/April? I think that’s when most decisions go out anyway.

Reactions: 1 users
Not that I’ve seen. Maybe it’s like MD/PhD where they make all the decisions after interviews are finished? Last PhD interview is January and decisions start to go out February. So maybe mid-March/April? I think that’s when most decisions go out anyway.
That could be the case! I honestly hope not though because I would hate to wait that long haha

Hello friends! Next cycle I will be applying to OHSU's M.D. program. I am double checking if I fit their mission group despite not being a native Oregonian.

Here is what I am:

1. Resident of Oregon (worked & lived here past 13 or so months)

2. Mother resides in Oregon

I am considered in-state, but will ADCOMS discriminate against my application still or am I good? (Maybe it's just late at night + mild neuroticism.)

In other words, am I good and will get full benefits (i.e. higher acceptance rate)?

Thanks.

Hello friends! Next cycle I will be applying to OHSU's M.D. program. I am double checking if I fit their mission group despite not being a native Oregonian.

Here is what I am:

1. Resident of Oregon (worked & lived here past 13 or so months)

2. Mother resides in Oregon

I am considered in-state, but will ADCOMS discriminate against my application still or am I good? (Maybe it's just late at night + mild neuroticism.)

In other words, am I good and will get full benefits (i.e. higher acceptance rate)?

Thanks.
if you’re a legal resident of oregon then ur fine lol

Thank you so much. I am slightly neurotic because it’s a big process and big step in life! I appreciate your quick reply

So when should I start losing hope for an interview. It feels so weird not getting an interview here despite being in state, solid stats/ECs, good number of interviews to other programs...

Yeah I feel the same way, above average stats with several MD interviews, conducted research and volunteered at OHSU, currently work there, and one of my letters of rec is from a physician there - but haven't heard anything since submitting in early August
Mind if I ask your stats?

So when should I start losing hope for an interview. It feels so weird not getting an interview here despite being in state, solid stats/ECs, good number of interviews to other programs...
Mind if I also ask your stats/ecs?

Mind if I also ask your stats/ecs?
514/3.7, ORM, ED scribe for 1 year+, 1200 hours research with 3 posters, 400-500 hours nonclinical volunteering in coaching, music, CTL, tutoring, 200 hours clinical volunteering, various tutoring positions and taught a recitation class. Theres probably something im missing, but thats the bulk of it. Didn't do anything crazy with my primary/secondary, just solid writing all around, nothing bold, but nothing out of the ordinary. 6 MD IIs, 3 DO IIs, 3 DO As.

Yeah I feel the same way, above average stats with several MD interviews, conducted research and volunteered at OHSU, currently work there, and one of my letters of rec is from a physician there - but haven't heard anything since submitting in early August
I feel the same way. One of my mentors and letter writers is a doc at OHSU and I do research there and i am literally just.... waiting.......

Last edited:
  • Care
Members don't see this ad :)
In the II email, it says "Finally, please review and check the box acknowledging that you have reviewed the Statement of Confidentiality found in your applicant portal."

I dont see this anywhere in the portal, though. I don't even see anywhere in the portal that has been updated to say I've received an interview. Anyone have any insight?

I feel the same way. One of my mentors and letter writers is a doc at OHSU and I do research there and i am literally just.... waiting.......
I know it doesn't feel like it but I promise they look at everyone. There's not a lot of rhyme or reason from the outside as to the order of things, I had friends who were marked complete way after me but they had interviewed and been put on hold months before I even heard about an interview. It was frustrating and concerning. I had just heard back about an interview at this time during my cycle - people had already been accepted. Your time will come and they will go through your materials, and I would imagine unless something is glaringly wrong with your app, invite you for an interview given you are mission based.

• Love
In the II email, it says "Finally, please review and check the box acknowledging that you have reviewed the Statement of Confidentiality found in your applicant portal."

I dont see this anywhere in the portal, though. I don't even see anywhere in the portal that has been updated to say I've received an interview. Anyone have any insight?
Hmm. I’d email or call admissions! After getting my II, my portal seemed to immediately update. When I logged on, my page now said something along the lines of, “You have been sent an interview invitation with a deadline of Jan 15th”. There was the check box for the confidentiality below that.

Oh dear, SOS! M interview is this week, and from the original email I received it seems like there will be an orientation/introduction tomorrow, but I can't find a zoom link for it! Does anyone have any intel on this? Thanks in advance!!

Oh dear, SOS! M interview is this week, and from the original email I received it seems like there will be an orientation/introduction tomorrow, but I can't find a zoom link for it! Does anyone have any intel on this? Thanks in advance!!
Search for emails from: [email protected]! The email I received was in reply to the email I sent them regarding scheduling my interviews.

The email they sent will include the orientation information + Webex link + MMI info , etc.

Search for emails from: [email protected]! The email I received was in reply to the email I sent them regarding scheduling my interviews.

The email they sent will include the orientation information + Webex link + MMI info , etc.
Thanks! I only got an email link for my one on one interview, and nothing else! But I did find a link in letter in my portal... so hopefully that's right! One more question... did that email request you return the statement of confidentiality? I signed it, and sent it just in case but finding it in my portal was the first I'd seen of it.

Thanks again!! A brief moment of panic... phew!

Thanks! I only got an email link for my one on one interview, and nothing else! But I did find a link in letter in my portal... so hopefully that's right! One more question... did that email request you return the statement of confidentiality? I signed it, and sent it just in case but finding it in my portal was the first I'd seen of it.

I signed the statement of confidentiality in my portal - it was available there for me so just completed it online. You're very welcome, I'll be there tomorrow!!

Also- I'm md/mph so the process may be a little different!

Last edited by a moderator:

Did you receive the calendar invite for your 1:1 close to the actual interview?

I’m just wondering because I have been assigned a day for my 1:1, but I haven’t received any information regarding the time yet.

Accepted today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😭 I cannot believe it!!!!! First MD acceptance of the cycle and my dream school since high school!!!! Wow

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
HI All,
Any mission-based fam still waiting for news? I submitted secondary on 9/9 and marked complete on 9/23, respectively, and still no news. I know OHSU tends to be slow on the news but curious how many of us mission-based have heard anything.

Additionally - I was thinking of sending an Update/Interest Letter but secondary portal states "Please note: Updates submitted after the secondary application is complete may not impact your file." I notice @PNWMed24 mention above to do it, yolo, as I agree it will only help, not hurt, but did not see anyone reply to that they decided to move forward with that. LMK!

Thanks yall and congrats to all of you accepted!

HI All,
Any mission-based fam still waiting for news? I submitted secondary on 9/9 and marked complete on 9/23, respectively, and still no news. I know OHSU tends to be slow on the news but curious how many of us mission-based have heard anything.

Additionally - I was thinking of sending an Update/Interest Letter but secondary portal states "Please note: Updates submitted after the secondary application is complete may not impact your file." I notice @PNWMed24 mention above to do it, yolo, as I agree it will only help, not hurt, but did not see anyone reply to that they decided to move forward with that. LMK!

Yes.... complete 9/20 and I fit about three of their mission groups :(

• Care
HI All,

I submitted in August and was marked complete in October 😭

I did send an update letter and they responded pretty quickly and said they are adding it to my file, but I haven't heard anything since then.

Did you receive the calendar invite for your 1:1 close to the actual interview?

I’m just wondering because I have been assigned a day for my 1:1, but I haven’t received any information regarding the time yet.
I did receive a calendar invite for my 1:1, and apparently there was some gmail glitch where the other confirmation email never came through, so double check/call Kari if you have any trouble and you have a gmail account! She said that's happened a few times this cycle. Maybe also reach out to Kari about the 1:1 google invite? She was extremely helpful and kind and will likely be able to sort out the hiccup! Good luck!! Is it this week?

For those who were accepted, do you know which email address/address we send our official eTranscripts to?

Has anyone who isn't mission-based heard anything? I checked my portal a couple days ago and it said my application hadn't even been processed yet:/ It indicated that they had received my secondary though

Has anyone who isn't mission-based heard anything? I checked my portal a couple days ago and it said my application hadn't even been processed yet:/ It indicated that they had received my secondary though
If I remember correctly, I believe the portal mentioned non mission-based applicants not being reviewed until February. I could be misremembering. Is there a note somewhere farther down from “secondary received ___” ?

I submitted in August and was marked complete in October 😭

I did send an update letter and they responded pretty quickly and said they are adding it to my file, but I haven't heard anything since then.
I just interviewed as an in-state mission-based group applicant this week. In the orientation, I am pretty sure they mentioned that letters of intent/updates don't matter after your interview (as you will be ranked), but I don't recall them saying that they wouldn't consider them before that point. Please correct me if that seems wrong.

For what it's worth, I didn't see a box to check but I did have a confidentiality form. I signed it and emailed it to Kari and she added to my file that way.

How do I submit the 2019 Student Financial Additional info section? I filled out the form but don't see a place to upload it? idk, is it just because I haven't had an interview/acceptance? It just says it still needs to be completed.

I am in the exact same boat as you. Complete mid-August.

Reactions: 3 users
How did you get that form?

There should be a hyperlink like below your application status info (like below.) if not, then I would email.

1610758603243.png

I created a new thread to hopefully get some answers about what it's like to complete the Master of Clinical Research (MCR) program at OHSU while also getting MD. Hoping some students/alumni might be able to shine some light on the program/subject.

Has anyone applied without and MCAT score? I have a coworker who didn’t apply this cycle but was planning to next cycle and they just canceled his January MCAT date... makes me wonder how many people fall into the boat of having applied this year but now can’t take an MCAT and what OHSU or other schools will do about that.... and whether or not we will be able to take another MCAT before the deadline for the next cycle.

Hi! I'm curious if anyone who interviewed in the week of 11/9 has heard anything?

HI All,

I'm mission-based as far as I know (MD-MPH). I submitted in august, and found out over Christmas they never received one of my letters so I finally JUST got "processed for review" 5 months later lol. So technically still waiting for news, but I understand I'm way behind now and chances are slim (even though I thought I had everything taken care of in effing august).

I'm mission-based as far as I know (MD-MPH). I submitted in august, and found out over Christmas they never received one of my letters so I finally JUST got "processed for review" 5 months later lol. So technically still waiting for news, but I understand I'm way behind now and chances are slim (even though I thought I had everything taken care of in effing august).

Damn that is one long ride of a wait. But I have faith it will work out and happened for a reason! Finna get that A!!!

Hi! I'm curious if anyone who interviewed in the week of 11/9 has heard anything?
...does hold pool status count? 😅 I would rather be chillaxin' in almost any other pool, thanks, but the hold pool's where it's at for me. I was notified through the portal about a month after my interview.

Reactions: 4 users
...does hold pool status count? 😅 I would rather be chillaxin' in almost any other pool, thanks, but the hold pool's where it's at for me. I was notified through the portal about a month after my interview.
Come on in... the water is... tepid.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Thank you for sharing! As someone who hung out in the *tepid* hold pool from November-April during the 2018-2019 cycle, I feel your pain. I'm curious if they are waiting to release decisions for most 11/9 interviewees around the 8-10 week mark, or if I got paired with a relatively slow-moving interviewer. Time will tell🙃

Last edited:
are the majority of interviewees put on hold? interviewed 6 weeks ago and no email yet. too scared to check my portal...

are the majority of interviewees put on hold? interviewed 6 weeks ago and no email yet. too scared to check my portal...
yeah i heard like the vast majority get placed on hold. you should probably check your portal if it has been 6 weeks

yeah i heard like the vast majority get placed on hold. you should probably check your portal if it has been 6 weeks
the numbers that are tossed around a lot are 80/10/10 (hold/reject/accept) right after interviews... not sure how accurate that is though but that's what I've heard here time and time again

II today! File was complete on 10/21/2020

IS, MCAT: 511, GPA: 3.5

Reactions: 3 users