2020-2021 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing like a no email, portal update pre-II R, baby!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hello! Are there any MD/MPH students on here who are interested in answering questions about the program?

Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Anxiously checking my portal every hour after all these pre-ii Rs.

pre-II R a few days ago. This wording though

• Non-resident applicants with superior achievements in academics and other related experiences. For the 2021 cycle, superior achievements are defined as significant experiences in healthcare, leadership, extracurricular activities, and/or community service activities.
  • Applicants whose personal experience demonstrates the ability to overcome adversity and contributes to diversity in the provision of healthcare.
This year the number of qualified applicants in the aforementioned groups significantly exceeded the available placements. In screening your file it was determined that you did not meet any of the above categories. Therefore, we regret to inform you that placement in the entering class of 2021 cannot be offered to you.

Guess none of my experiences are significant (-_-)
This was truly rough and was slightly hurtful because I spent a lot of time building up my CV. LOL. Guess there goes my research fellowship and publications out the door. What do these adcoms want from us!??! 😱

Reactions: 4 users
OHSU is lowkey savage with their R's lol thank you for making my thousands of hours of service, research, and other extra-curricular feel pointless

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
some_text
Preliminary application information received from AMCAS: Yes

some_text
A secondary application notice was emailed to you on 08/02/2020.

some_text
Your secondary application was submitted on 08/06/2020.

All updates to contact information must be done by clicking on the "Update Your Contact Information" at the top of this page.

Please note: Updates submitted after the secondary application is complete may not impact your file.

some_text
Your secondary application has been processed.

some_text
Your file was complete on 10/01/2020.

This is my current st
atus silent since October :(, OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
some_text

some_text

some_text

All updates to contact information must be done by clicking on the "Update Your Contact Information" at the top of this page.

Please note: Updates submitted after the secondary application is complete may not impact your file.

some_text

some_text

This is my current st
Silence is golden. Better than a pre ii R :)

some_text

some_text

some_text

some_text

some_text

This is my current st
+1

Pre II R. High stats OOS. Guess years of military service and many seasons of firefighting on an OR Hotshot crews isn't sufficient leadership or service experience for them....

• Angry
  • Wow
as an aside this IS snow storm sucks. ive had no power for 6 days and had to go to a friends place to II yesterday lol.

• Care
as an aside this IS snow storm sucks. ive had no power for 6 days and had to go to a friends place to II yesterday lol.
Oh no, so sorry about not having power! Just to clarify, you got an ii or you attended an interview?

INTERVIEW INVITE JUST NOW! Holy. Moly. I can't even believe it. OHSU has been my dream school since I started high school. IS, complete 9/20

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 19 users
Also received the no email portal rejection pre-II, OOS. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Congrats! What are the dates they’re out to now?
My dates were the week of 3/11, that was the only option I got!
Congrats! Mind sharing stats, and any other things that might have helped? Thanks, and congrats!
LM 69, URM & from rural area, my research lab is at ohsu and one of my letter writers is from there :)
This gives me hope since I am IS and completed in September too!
Yay good luck I hope we all get to see each other next year ❤️

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
INTERVIEW INVITE JUST NOW! Holy. Moly. I can't even believe it. OHSU has been my dream school since I started high school. IS, complete 9/20
CONGRATS SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! I know you have been patiently waiting for this moment!!

• Love
My dates were the week of 3/11, that was the only option I got!

LM 69, URM & from rural area, my research lab is at ohsu and one of my letter writers is from there :)

Yay good luck I hope we all get to see each other next year ❤️
Thanks for sharing!!

Every time I check my portal post interview I get a rush of anxiety and adrenaline...I try to mentally prepare myself for the R...anyone else in the same boat?

Every time I check my portal post interview I get a rush of anxiety and adrenaline...I try to mentally prepare myself for the R...anyone else in the same boat?
Exactly the same feeling here!

Except I'm pre interview 😂😭

Last edited:
Just checked my portal and found out I was accepted. Interviewed on 2/2. OOS (CA)

• Love
Congrats!! Able to share your stats, statuses, astrological sign, etc? Thanks!
Yeah - complete in late September. IS, ORM, LM 73. I currently work at OHSU and have done some research and volunteering there as well. FWIW I'm a pisces ;)

• Haha
Does anyone have an idea of where OHSU is at in this application cycle? A family friend who works there said everything is delayed due to COVID but I’m not sure by how much.

End Of Day Routine:

check OHSU secondary site....... (sigh)
check OHSU SDN site.................. (sigh)

Edit (...maybe secretly check again for good measure and punishment)

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone have an idea of where OHSU is at in this application cycle? A family friend who works there said everything is delayed due to COVID but I’m not sure by how much.
My friend is an MS1 and they said they were interviewing until April but I just got my II and only had the week of March 8th.

A this evening!!!! md/mph program. oos. im floored rn.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
End Of Day Routine:

check OHSU secondary site....... (sigh)
check OHSU SDN site.................. (sigh)

Edit (...maybe secretly check again for good measure and punishment)
Just end of day routine? Mine is turning into morning, midday, anytime I'm free checks. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations!!! When did you interview? Would you happen to have any tips? Mine is coming up in a couple of weeks.
about a month ago! my advice would be knowing specifically what you are interested in studying in epidemiology how / why would you be interested in studying it. and, of course, why OHSU is the right place to help you do that.

Last edited:
MANIFEST IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII PLZZZZ

• Love