2020-2021 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have many people been put on hold post-II or is it mostly radio silence? I feel like I haven't seen many people say they are on hold.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today!!! 3/5, portal updated (~7wks) from II on 1/13. non-trad, IS applicant, hard to believe I made it. Hang in there gang, good luck to everyone for the rest of the cycle.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
have there been any post-II R's? wondering if radio silence is a bad thing. nothing but silence for me too like others in the thread, not even hold and my morale is getting pretty low (something like... 13 weeks?)

Reactions: 1 users
have there been any post-II R's? wondering if radio silence is a bad thing. nothing but silence for me too like others in the thread, not even hold and my morale is getting pretty low (something like... 13 weeks?)
Don't lose hope! I waited 4 months without a hold before getting the A. I think no hold might mean your interviewer hasn't had the time to meet with the adcom yet, but I'm not 100% sure.

Reactions: 3 users
Don't lose hope! I waited 4 months without a hold before getting the A. I think no hold might mean your interviewer hasn't had the time to meet with the adcom yet, but I'm not 100% sure.
I hope that's true! It just seems like it's been a long time for my interviewer to not have met with the adcom.

Reactions: 2 users
MD/MPH applicant. Interviewed on 2/9 - 2/11, hold on 2/26. Has anyone else who interviewed around this time heard back?

Accepted today!!! 3/5, portal updated (~7wks) from II on 1/13. non-trad, IS applicant, hard to believe I made it. Hang in there gang, good luck to everyone for the rest of the cycle.
Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?

Hold yesterday (3/5), interview 1/14. IS, nontrad. Good luck everybody!

For the orientation can I just dress business casual since I won't be interviewing on the same day?

Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?
sure, 3.9 GPA, 502 MCAT, over 15,000hrs (7years) clinical experience from working in rehab (hospital acute care and skilled nursing occupational therapy assistant and director of rehabilitation). Hx of providing guest lectures and volunteering with Parkinson's groups. Also, have sick kiddo with a rare medical condition that we have been working through for the past three years (hospitalized right before taking the MCAT.)

I spoke with a few OHSU med students about being a non-traditional student and I have come to agree with them that OHSU, more than most schools, seems to value a holistic applicant, and has since before it became a buzzword.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
sure, 3.9 GPA, 502 MCAT, over 15,000hrs (7years) clinical experience from working in rehab (hospital acute care and skilled nursing occupational therapy assistant and director of rehabilitation). Hx of providing guest lectures and volunteering with Parkinson's groups. Also, have sick kiddo with a rare medical condition that we have been working through for the past three years (hospitalized right before taking the MCAT.)

I spoke with a few OHSU med students about being a non-traditional student and I have come to agree with them that OHSU, more than most schools, seems to value a holistic applicant, and has since before it became a buzzword.
Incredible life story, congratulations OHSU is lucky to have you!

• Care

this is super true - anyone reading this thread who might be applying in future cycles - share your genuine self, even if you don't feel particularly remarkable. We all have different journeys that bring different value to the team, share yours.

Reactions: 4 users
Have any accepted students received any scholarship information? I know in past years they’ve been sent as early as December but not sure if anyone has heard back this year! Should I anticipate full loans or is there a potential for merit/need based scholarships at this point?

Is OHSU still sending out interview invites at this point? I was complete early November, and it's been silence since.

any insight into their stats, dietary proclivities, astrological sign, etc?
favorite childhood cartoon, height, best one-liner, preferred brand of toothpaste? the usual stuff? plz help

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Any reapplicants getting IIs this year? In the interview exit feedback last year they told me to work on being more concise during the interview. Then this cycle someone in admissions told me that my application looks really strong. No II yet...

Reactions: 1 user
Any reapplicants getting IIs this year? In the interview exit feedback last year they told me to work on being more concise during the interview. Then this cycle someone in admissions told me that my application looks really strong. No II yet...
I’m a reapplicant and I interviewed back in December! Didn’t change a ton in my application, my feedback from last year was pretty much to include more medically relevant experiences in my interview and connect them to my ~narrative~. However I haven’t heard anything post-interview (not even a hold) so I’m not much better off.

I'm a reapplicant who hasn't been invited for an interview yet either... :(

• Sad
Also a reapplicant not invited to interview again so far. Getting pretty bummed since this is my top choice.

• Sad
  • Care
I'm not a reapplicant, but I heard from one who just recently got an II after interviewing last year. I wondered if they might be holding your apps for later in the cycle for some reason

Coming up on 6 weeks post-ii tomorrow with complete silence. Is this a bad sign?

Coming up on 6 weeks post-ii tomorrow with complete silence. Is this a bad sign?
I'm in the same boat. It's impossible to know, but I think I remember a lot of people who interviewed in January and February last year just never being put on hold, maybe it just feels like a waste of time for them to put you on hold if they'll be giving your decision in a month? Who knows

It’s been 3 months post-interview for me with complete silence. There’s someone on here who had silence for 4 months before being accepted so I don’t think it’s necessarily bad!

Reactions: 5 users
Have they even sent out pre-II rejections for out of state people? I know they usually send those out first and then about a month later tell in-state pre-II rejections but it seems like they are SUPER far behind.... I think I’ve only seen one or two pre-II rejections so I wonder if they’ve even sent out the first wave of rejections....

I'm in-state and haven't heard a thing since I sent in my secondary. Should I be concerned??

It’s been 3 months post-interview for me with complete silence. There’s someone on here who had silence for 4 months before being accepted so I don’t think it’s necessarily bad!
Maybe we had the same interviewer and they haven't talked to the adcom yet because I'm in that time frame as well

Quite possibly!! My 1:1 was on 12/7 and it’s been a rough ride waiting
I was on 12/1 for both 1:1 and MMI, the wait is excruciating! I sent an update letter as well and was told it was added to my file so I know they're working hard. Just assuming the wildfires and COVID changes are making it a miserable process for them too. Good luck friend, update if you hear back.

• Care
Does anyone know the percent for OHSU who are accepted vs rejected post II? Also what percent is pulled from the waitlist?

Does anyone know the percent for OHSU who are accepted vs rejected post II? Also what percent is pulled from the waitlist?
Last year they went up to #50 on the waitlist and I think they end up accepting about 40% of the people they interview. I think there is a spreadsheet from previous ~10 years showing waitlist movement! I personally do not have it though.

click on the "interview feedback" and you should find a link that goes to a spreadsheet with post II acceptance. I think it's about 50%!

I was told they weren't accepting transcripts so was planning to include a letter of intent with some updates and mentioning my grade improvement, but now am seeing on the portal that no updates will be considered or affect decisions. Was I too late or were the updates likely not going to affect decisions?

Last year they went up to #50 on the waitlist and I think they end up accepting about 40% of the people they interview. I think there is a spreadsheet from previous ~10 years showing waitlist movement! I personally do not have it though.
Last year was a weird year. I believe they only got to #48 on August 10th, which was the 2d day of classes. How do I know this? It was me. I offer you all my condolences on this harrowing process.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Perhaps this OHSU waitlist history has already been posted, but last year I found it extremely helpful in my obsessional contemplation on my chances.

Attachments

• OHSU Waitlist Trends 2019.xlsx
    11.6 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Last year was a weird year. I believe they only got to #48 on August 10th, which was the 2d day of classes. How do I know this? It was me. I offer you all my condolences on this harrowing process.
I was number 58 💔 and they decreased the class size by ~10 last year for funding reasons, this wait is killing me

• Care
I was number 58 💔 and they decreased the class size by ~10 last year for funding reasons, this wait is killing me
Did you interview again this year?

so after i interviewed i got an email about setting up an account to provide more financial information. should these forms be completed now or should i wait until after i receive a decision?

Did you interview again this year?
Yes! I interviewed the first week of February. Reasonably I know it hasn't been that long since my interview, but I feel like I've been waiting for years

• Care
Have many people been put on hold post-II or is it mostly radio silence? I feel like I haven't seen many people say they are on hold.
I've been on hold for almost four months. Not a happy camper.

• Care
Does anyone know when Second Look Day is? Or maybe when it usually happened in past years?