2020-2021 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! Can you share what the portal page looks like/where it’s written when updated

Menu:​

Update your contact information
Print completed application
Links to general information

Application Status:​

NOTE: You may need to scroll down to see all of the status information.

Notes to you from OHSU Admissions:​

some_text
Decision: Accepted 02/20/2021

Congratulations!

You have been accepted to the MD program for the entering class of 2021.

You will be receiving an email within the next week providing you with additional information.

Your acceptance offer email will go out in approximately 4-6 weeks. There is nothing further we need from you until you receive your acceptance offer.

We are excited to welcome you to the OHSU family!

some_text
We can provide you with information about Financial Aid.

Please enter your social security number if you wish to receive a financial aid packet.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got that Hold update in the portal. No email. Interviewed in December.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Can anyone share what the video MMI was generally like without disclosing anything confidential?

Reactions: 1 users
Are interviews done? I have nothing but radio silence since my submission and assessing whether it's worth sending a late update

Reactions: 1 user
Are interviews done? I have nothing but radio silence since my submission and assessing whether it's worth sending a late update
There is talk that they are interviewing until April so there's still some time. It wouldn't hurt to send an update.

I can't figure out how to upload update letters to the admissions portal. Where/what is button titled to get to a doc upload page from main page? Thanks

I can't figure out how to upload update letters to the admissions portal. Where/what is button titled to get to a doc upload page from main page? Thanks
I didn't send it through the portal I sent mine in an email!

i might have a **** memory but i genuinely don’t remember having a video based mmi. wym by that.
The MMI s are being done via video due to COVID but it shouldn't make a difference content wise.
i might have a **** memory but i genuinely don’t remember having a video based mmi. wym by that.
I ve heard they re remote this year bc covid. But its probably the same content.

The MMI s are being done via video due to COVID but it shouldn't make a difference content wise.

I ve heard they re remote this year bc covid. But its probably the same content.
The MMIs are just virtual. All the details are in the interview invitation email they send very in-depth instructions.

I asked the admissions office how to submit updates and got these instructions. We do accept application updates. Please send them as a PDF to [email protected]. Do not forget to include your AMCAS ID in your update.

Members don't see this ad :)

ah yeah they are done virtually obviously but you are still talking with real, live people on the other side. it’s not recorded or anything like that.

Does the OHSU curriculum offer designated study periods for STEP 1 and STEP 2s? If so, how long?

He was let go in August from his residency, but the article states he's in florida working :(
They allowed him to switch into a new residency in Florida. I think the most concerning part was the number of mandated reporters she disclosed to, and they failed to report.

"The woman shared details of her allegations against Campbell with at least 13 OHSU employees, including six in leadership positions, the suit says."

• Sad
  • Wow
They allowed him to switch into a new residency in Florida. I think the most concerning part was the number of mandated reporters she disclosed to, and they failed to report.

"The woman shared details of her allegations against Campbell with at least 13 OHSU employees, including six in leadership positions, the suit says."
This is awful. Looking at the complaint, those are some big names at OHSU she disclosed to and they essentially did nothing... some of whom I follow on twitter. :cryi:

Also, this line... "OHSU informed plaintiff's healthcare provider that it would not pay for her mental health therapy because OHSU's sexual misconduct fund had run out of money."

Last edited:
  • Sad
This is awful. Looking at the complaint, those are some big names at OHSU she disclosed to and they essentially did nothing... some of whom I follow on twitter. :cryi:

Also, this line... "OHSU informed plaintiff's healthcare provider that it would not pay for her mental health therapy because OHSU's sexual misconduct fund had run out of money."
Probably the most surprising thing about the inaction of the faculty is that Esther Choo was involved in that inaction, due to her heavy involvement with this exact topic (sexual harassment, assault, and misconduct in medicine).

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Probably the most surprising thing about the inaction of the faculty is that Esther Choo was involved in that inaction, due to her heavy involvement with this exact topic (sexual harassment, assault, and misconduct in medicine

Yes - about 6-8 weeks for Step1 and 3-4 weeks for Step2
Thanks, what is the the 'about' distinction due to? Rotation length?

I was told that they were not accepting transcripts from universities at this time. Was this something that changed because it's after interviews, I'm feeling a little bit gutted since my updated grades improve my GPA a lot and am wondering whether it would have been different if I sent them earlier

I was told that they were not accepting transcripts from universities at this time. Was this something that changed because it's after interviews, I'm feeling a little bit gutted since my updated grades improve my GPA a lot and am wondering whether it would have been different if I sent them earlier
Maybe write it in an update to them? Like say I finished xyz classes and it raised my gpa by this much.

Apologies if this has been asked earlier in the thread, but how does OHSU feel about letters of intent? I am still waiting to hear post interview but assuming i get placed on hold is a LOI beneficial or do they not accept them?

Apologies if this has been asked earlier in the thread, but how does OHSU feel about letters of intent? I am still waiting to hear post interview but assuming i get placed on hold is a LOI beneficial or do they not accept them?
I just sent one and they thanked me for it and added it to my file. IDK if it is beneficial per se, but I don't think it hurts. the portal does note that "further updates will not reopen your file or change the committee's decision" but they do take the updates.

Message Board for All Applicants:​

Many of you may be aware of a Sexual Assault Allegation filed on Friday, Feb. 26, against OHSU and a former employee. As we have expressed in the past and want to strongly reiterate here, OHSU takes all concerns of mistreatment of any kind extremely seriously. OHSU does not condone behavior as described in the lawsuit. Although we cannot comment at this time on the specifics of this pending litigation, we remain committed to ending discrimination and factors that allow harassment to occur, as well as transparent processes that assure involved parties a fair opportunity to be heard and respond. As members of the Admissions Team at OHSU we want to stress OHSU School of Medicine is committed to creating safe and equitable spaces for all.

Is nice that they fully addressed the issue on the portal.

I just sent one and they thanked me for it and added it to my file. IDK if it is beneficial per se, but I don't think it hurts. the portal does note that "further updates will not reopen your file or change the committee's decision" but they do take the updates.
Do you know if the portal said the same about further updates not reopening a file prior to the interviews? I'm just trying to figure out if I would have been able to make a difference by making one sooner 😅

Do you know if the portal said the same about further updates not reopening a file prior to the interviews? I'm just trying to figure out if I would have been able to make a difference by making one sooner 😅
Letters of Intent only work on the waiting list.

Is this pretty much it for anymore possible IIs?

• Sad
After you sent your update essay, was it eventually reflected in your portal that they received it?
I don’t think it was ever reflected in my portal (but I also don’t recall checking). They sent me an email letting me know it would be added to my file.

I don’t think it was ever reflected in my portal (but I also don’t recall checking). They sent me an email letting me know it would be added to my file.
Thanks! If you or anyone could check your portal to see if it shows the essay was added, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Thanks! If you or anyone could check your portal to see if it shows the essay was added, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
Mine didn't have it on the portal. I also clicked view application and it wasn't there either.

Recently invited for an interview mid-March. Is anyone else in this II-wave?

This is incredibly important to me, however, I do not believe I can get work off. I hope they are understanding, I do want to be admitted to OHSU but I have a strict responsibility to work M-F. I will keep you all posted, congratulations to those who were already accepted!

This is incredibly important to me, however, I do not believe I can get work off. I hope they are understanding, I do want to be admitted to OHSU but I have a strict responsibility to work M-F. I will keep you all posted, congratulations to those who were already accepted!
The interviews are set m-f, I'm not sure they'll be able to accommodate a weekend interview. I would call in sick that day for sure.

I’d try your best to get time off of work! I’m pretty sure they only do the orientation + interviews M-W. I don’t think they’d be able to set up an entire MMI rotation on a separate day, especially a weekend. I work M-F too, but my manager understood this was something I couldn’t miss. Best of luck!

Yeah, there’s nothing on my portal indicating I sent an update. I’m sure it’s just added to our file to view behind the scenes. They may not even look at it!

Yeah, there’s nothing on my portal indicating I sent an update. I’m sure it’s just added to our file to view behind the scenes. They may not even look at it!
Thanks for checking, and I agree with your sentiment.

I’d try your best to get time off of work! I’m pretty sure they only do the orientation + interviews M-W. I don’t think they’d be able to set up an entire MMI rotation on a separate day, especially a weekend. I work M-F too, but my manager understood this was something I couldn’t miss. Best of luck!
The interviews are set m-f, I'm not sure they'll be able to accommodate a weekend interview. I would call in sick that day for sure.
Got it, thanks!

OHSU I love you, why won't you love me back? AKA Manifesting II

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
OHSU I love you, why won't you love me back? AKA Manifesting II
I feel this so much, lol. I feel very hurt 😂 this is worse than a bad relationship. Just LET ME LOVE YOU AS A STUDENT.

Reactions: 6 users