2020-2021 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lyft program still exists - though the hours are not super useful anymore [used to start at 7:00 pm and was awesome but I think they stopped because people purposefully stayed on campus until exactly 7:00 for the free ride]. It is 9 pm to 5 am as of now. Nice safety net to make sure you can safely get home at weird hours though!
Ah, that’s what I thought. The time change has bugged me. They even had Saturdays at one point...Thank you!

At least students aren’t left out. You’re studying till well past 9 on campus anyway, right? 😅

Members don't see this ad.

When it’s 6:30pm on Monday and you have already checked the portal 80 times

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Refreshing the portal like

waiting.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
I feel like I'm going crazy, lol. I tell myself to stop looking at this thread/stop refreshing the portal but .... I keep doing it. Really hoping for an answer today so I can finally sleep lol.
Same. This has not been helpful for my mental health & trying to write my thesis. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone heard back today? Seems like there has been a wave of As about three business days before the deadline the last few years. Or has the balls to call admissions for us all? Ty

Reactions: 7 users
My stomach is in knots 🙃 I feel like a lot of updates happen in the afternoon, so maybe after lunch!

Reactions: 9 users
I feel like I'm going crazy, lol. I tell myself to stop looking at this thread/stop refreshing the portal but .... I keep doing it. Really hoping for an answer today so I can finally sleep lol.
I second this. For the sake of my mental sanity, I would appreciate an update today 😅

• Care
Longtime IS lurker here. I interviewed 11/9 and then got a hold on 4/19 . I will also be sitting here refreshing the page all day with y'all. Manifesting an A today for everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my financial aid package today. Do any other accepted students/current OHSU students know if they send out merit scholarships along with the package or do they send them after traffic day? Just wondering if I still have a shot at some scholarships or should I just expect what’s in the package currently
As far as I'm aware there are scholarships but they are processed separately.

"For applicants who have recently been offered acceptance into the MD Program, UME will notify you if you’ve been selected to receive a scholarship. Therefore, there is no separate application process in order to be considered for one of the UME scholarships. Because admission to the MD program is offered on a rolling basis, the timeline will vary for notifying scholarship recipients."

they reach out to you for the above scholarships coming in as first years. In later years, you apply. Also, other scholarships like OSAC aren't typically awarded till fall term per my conversation with financial aid people. Since we start in august it's a partial summer term and so that is split up kinda funny and regular scholarships don't typically kick in or get processed till before fall term sometime (OSAC for example.)

When my family and friends ask: "Have you heard from OHSU yet?" and I prepare to spill my heart about the games OHSU be playing with me and the only people who understand my pain are strangers on an anonymous pre-med forum...

Sad Talk To Me GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
When my family and friends ask: "Have you heard from OHSU yet?" and I prepare to spill my heart about the games OHSU be playing with me and the only people who understand my pain are strangers on an anonymous pre-med forum...

And this is why I have avoided family phone calls for a month 😅

• Care
Reactions: 6 users

Real talk... I would love to believe that this cycle is just thrown to the wind like the rest of the pandemic where s**t is just not making sense 😂. Where are all the last week A’s at?!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I'm hoping someone can tell me if not having a hold at this point would assume a rejection?

Reactions: 1 user

Honestly! Everyone in my family and at work keeps asking me if I’ve heard anything yet and it’s driving me bananas. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I'm hoping someone can tell me if not having a hold at this point would assume a rejection?
I don’t think so, but I also have no idea what they’re doing. I’m suprised they’re still reviewing people at this point! I believe last year (at this time) there was several people that were never placed on hold. A mix of accepted/waitlisted/rejected. There’s still hope!

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t think so, but I also have no idea what they’re doing. I’m suprised they’re still reviewing people at this point! I believe last year (at this time) there was several people that were never placed on hold. A mix of accepted/waitlisted/rejected. There’s still hope!
I haven't been put on hold yet... I'm assuming this either means the reviewer hasn't gotten a chance to talk with adcoms (which I HOPE is not the case) or they just haven't gotten around to changing it idk

I haven't been put on hold yet... I'm assuming this either means the reviewer hasn't gotten a chance to talk with adcoms (which I HOPE is not the case) or they just haven't gotten around to changing it idk
I’m really hoping it doesn’t mean a rejection!! I’m also not on hold.. interviewed 12/14. It’s been a long wait & I’m ready for it to be over

I haven't been put on hold yet either, but interviewed recently on 4/2! Not sure what it means :O

Reactions: 1 users
I’m really hoping it doesn’t mean a rejection!! I’m also not on hold.. interviewed 12/14. It’s been a long wait & I’m ready for it to be over
I haven't been put on hold yet either, but interviewed recently on 4/2! Not sure what it means :O
I was just stalking last year's thread and quite a few people who interviewed and were never put on hold still received an acceptance! It looked like a lot of people heard acceptances on April 28th-29th!!!

Is tomorrow the day y'all?!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
All I can say is that I have seen accounts of people that were not put on hold receiving A's. I have not seen any accounts of people from the hold pool receiving A's. However, my observations are far from authoritative.

• Hmm
All I can say is that I have seen accounts of people that were not put on hold receiving A's. I have not seen any accounts of people from the hold pool receiving A's. However, my observations are far from authoritative.
There have been tons of people on hold accepted. On my orientation day prior to interviewing they stated this was a very common step and the majority of applicants accepted fall into the hold pool first.

Definitely not! I was accepted last year on 4/28 without having ever been on hold. Hang in there. You'll know soon enough. :)

Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
There have been tons of people on hold accepted. On my orientation day prior to interviewing they stated this was a very common step and the majority of applicants accepted fall into the hold pool first.
I should state that I am referring to this cycle. From what I have read, it appears that there will be a large pull from the hold pool close to the 4/30 reporting deadline. The bulk of the class should come from the hold pool, as stated by Dr. Cloutier, one of my advisors, and a couple self reported students. However, so far the acceptances that I keep seeing called out are from those that were not in the hold pool. Moreover, it is highly likely that most applicants don't report to this forum and we represent a minority of applicants. Thus, I am exposed to an incomplete data set that is likely enriched with the most voracious portal refreshers and forum checkers. It can't just be me hitting refresh right?

I’m assuming that being put on hold on the 27th means I’ll be rejected on the 30th... what do y’all think?

• Dislike
I’m assuming that being put on hold on the 27th means I’ll be rejected on the 30th... what do y’all think?
I predict on 4/29- 4/30, we will see a handful of acceptances from hold and a handful of rejections from hold, and the rest will be assigned a waitlist number from 1 to 200. Last year they eventually reached No. 48 from the waitlist.

Reactions: 3 users
Hard to say. My forum lurking has found that outright rejection typically happens fast. It is the waitlist that drags out our suffering and delivers false hope... Maybe that is a little too pessimistic :unsure:. Don't lose hope, not rejected is a good sign.

• Care
Hard to say. My forum lurking has found that outright rejection typically happens fast. It is the waitlist that drags out our suffering and delivers false hope... Maybe that is a little too pessimistic :unsure:. Don't lose hope, not rejected is a good sign.
Does anyone know if post interview rejections have gone out at all?

Does anyone know if post interview rejections have gone out at all?
Don't think so, I would assume someone on here would have shared the news. Also, since just yesterday itself people were being put on hold I feel like we're all gonna be waiting until Friday

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Because I remember this point in my cycle clear as day, a few things:
  • Being on hold is NOT a bad thing - the majority of candidates get put on hold and a final list is composed and decisions are made from that. This cycle has been weird - and while I'm sure 4/30 is the goal it's not over until they tell you it is. Don't read too far into it.
  • Those on hold after 4/30 may be accepted outright, or you are assigned a number for the wait-list (last cycle I believe they got into the 50-60s if not deeper on the WL w/ As). The wait-list is not a bad place to be either, but it will depend on your assigned ranking.
  • There is immense variability in the interview --> A/R/Hold decision based on interviewer availability and committee meeting schedule - not hearing back is not an indication of anything. Once you are presented a decision is made as far as A/R/H, though the timeline to letting you know is unclear.
  • You are in the final stretch - some of you are first time applicants and others have been through this several times. Regardless of how this shakes out, you will get in if you are set on it. It might not be today or next year, but if this is what you feel you were meant to do, PERSIST. If you don't get the news you want (R) - don't let this single moment of rejection define the course of your life. You will all lead incredible lives, help immense volumes of people, and make a difference. This is not a competition, you are all on the same team, and the love and support you show for each other will pay you back enormously.
  • Lastly - best of luck. I'm rooting for every single one of you. As someone who obsessively refreshed SDN for news, you're family. I cannot wait to see you guys in your white coats and on the tram. Enjoy the sunshine, breathe in the fresh air, and give yourself some grace.
Almost There GIF by memecandy

• Care
Reactions: 31 users
  • Being on hold is NOT a bad thing - the majority of candidates get put on hold and a final list is composed and decisions are made from that. This cycle has been weird - and while I'm sure 4/30 is the goal it's not over until they tell you it is. Don't read too far into it.
  • Those on hold after 4/30 may be accepted outright, or you are assigned a number for the wait-list (last cycle I believe they got into the 50-60s if not deeper on the WL w/ As). The wait-list is not a bad place to be either, but it will depend on your assigned ranking.
  • There is immense variability in the interview --> A/R/Hold decision based on interviewer availability and committee meeting schedule - not hearing back is not an indication of anything. Once you are presented a decision is made as far as A/R/H, though the timeline to letting you know is unclear.
  • You are in the final stretch - some of you are first time applicants and others have been through this several times. Regardless of how this shakes out, you will get in if you are set on it. It might not be today or next year, but if this is what you feel you were meant to do, PERSIST. If you don't get the news you want (R) - don't let this single moment of rejection define the course of your life. You will all lead incredible lives, help immense volumes of people, and make a difference. This is not a competition, you are all on the same team, and the love and support you show for each other will pay you back enormously.
  • Lastly - best of luck. I'm rooting for every single one of you. As someone who obsessively refreshed SDN for news, you're family. I cannot wait to see you guys in your white coats and on the tram. Enjoy the sunshine, breathe in the fresh air, and give yourself some grace.
Thank you for taking the time to write this out, it made me tear up and genuinely made me feel less filled with dread.

-from a lass in the hold pool :)

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Thank you for your time writing this! It's so stressful!!! And I never in a million years thought I would be a part of an online forum let alone gain comfort in it as I have with this thread :D

Reactions: 7 users
Just received the rejection in the portal... Best of luck to the rest of you.

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
I also got the big R. Was on hold pool since December for those interested and I did not receive an email just checked the portal. Had to scroll down below my hold status to see the Final Decision update.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting. I know it's painful but I know from experience now that you'll feel better after getting an update this week (even from an R in my case).

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
I also got the big R. Was on hold pool since December for those interested and I did not receive an email just checked the portal. Had to scroll down below my hold status to see the Final Decision update.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting. I know it's painful but I know from experience now that you'll feel better after getting an update this week (even from an R in my case).
So your account still says hold?

I’m sorry, wishing you the best of luck.

Did you get an email or just checked your portal?
Only updated via portal. Likewise you have to scroll down past the hold status to see the final decision. This one stings after going to grad school at OHSU and feeling like this was my best shot for an A this cycle.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users