2020-2021 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted via the portal! 6.5 months of silence, then a hold for ~10 days, and finally an A. I will definitely be accepting and look forward to meeting everyone. Best of luck to those still waiting, I am manifesting for you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 12 users
Accepted via the portal! 6.5 months of silence, then a hold for ~10 days, and finally an A. I will definitely be accepting and look forward to meeting everyone. Best of luck to those still waiting, I am manifesting for you!
You're my 'on hold' date twin....hopefully will find out soon. Congrats :D

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations on your successful manifestation. Just be careful with your power, as bending reality to your will can be a dangerous game. Good work.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any MD/MPH acceptances? Also are your As showing up in the AMCAS CYMS?

Reactions: 2 users
I will say although reported on here the last day seems reserved for rejections, I have a friend who was accepted the Friday of the deadline so there is hope! They just have to be super scrambling or something!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Out here on the application portal hitting that Ctrl+F with "Accepted" just in case I can't see it

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
I will say although reported on here the last day seems reserved for rejections, I have a friend who was accepted the Friday of the deadline so there is hope! They just have to be super scrambling or something!
yeah...this does seem to be the case unfortunately :( ...Rs and super high waitlist ranks (soft Rs?) seemed to go out on the last day last year

Got the A 🙏🏼 OOS NYer...looks like we head West! Rooting for everyone still waiting!!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like they're still rolling out acceptances, I bet alternates will be next once they finalize their initial A-pool :)

after 6 months of being on hold... got accepted MD/MPH! got a call & update on the portal

• Care
Reactions: 16 users
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like there was a wave of R's yesterday and R's didn't seem to go out in the past years until 4/30... so maybe the chance for those of us who still haven't heard back of getting a R is just very slightly lower lol.

Reactions: 3 users
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like there was a wave of R's yesterday and R's didn't seem to go out in the past years until 4/30... so maybe the chance for those of us who still haven't heard back of getting a R is just very slightly lower lol.
It's hard to say but I would say some A's mixed in with mostly WL's and R's

Well it’s 5 pm... do we think they’re done for today?

So no ones heard a peep about an alternate list position?

• Sad
R just came through earlier this afternoon. Interviewed a few months ago, was never on hold. Was waitlisted last year, but not this time :(

• Care
Just got the call for MSTP! This is my first acceptance so I am ecstatic

Reactions: 7 users
do you know if you aren’t accepted to PhD, will they forward it to MD-only, or must you have both acceptances?
My understanding is that if you interviewed, you are considered separately for the MD and MD/PhD programs. So to answer your question, I do think you are still in the running for MD-only regardless of the MSTP decision

My understanding is that if you interviewed, you are considered separately for the MD and MD/PhD programs. So to answer your question, I do think you are still in the running for MD-only regardless of the MSTP decision
That’s good to know! Thank you :)

Congrats to all who were accepted today!! For everyone still on hold...will tomorrow just be alternate assignments, or is there a chance we may still see acceptances?

Congrats to all who were accepted today!! For everyone still on hold...will tomorrow just be alternate assignments, or is there a chance we may still see acceptances?
Possibility of acceptances but most likely going to be WL's and R's.

Alright gang my phone died half way through the day due to obsessive refreshing, bright side is we will ALL know in less than 24 hours! Idk if that helps or hurts ....

Checked the portal at 9:15 tonight and was accepted (Interviewed 12/1 - no updates or holds until now)!

I'm incredibly happy (especially as a Portland native) and have already committed.

Best of luck to everyone waiting still and I looking forward to meeting you folks in the fall!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted just now via portal! Extremely relieved and feeling so fortunate...it's been a long road!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Is there a place for accepted students to connect? Congrats to everyone!

• Care
Good morning and congrats to those accepted yesterday! To the ones who have left to hear today.... may the odds be ever in our favor!

Reactions: 11 users
It's probably going to be a few hours 'til we hear anything. I imagine information will come out in the afternoon.
I felt like low rank alternates came out day before last year...so I would have hoped at least someone on this forum would have news of that. Or maybe everything’s off this year?

I felt like low rank alternates came out day before last year...so I would have hoped at least someone on this forum would have news of that. Or maybe everything’s off this year?
I hear ya but I would wager that things have been delayed this year given the circumstances.

Reactions: 3 users
also does anyone know how to access financial aid info?? feeling a little stressed having one day to make a decision to decide where to go haha

also does anyone know how to access financial aid info?? feeling a little stressed having one day to make a decision to decide where to go haha
I couldn't see my financial aid info for a few days. You can assume you will be offered loans up to the full cost of attendance. My understanding is scholarship funds are an entirely separate later process.

I barely slept at all last night. I’m ready for an answer!

Why does it feel like they update the portal one at a time? 😅

accepted just now!! Been on hold since early November. Good luck everyone!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
For anyone attending OHSU next year... can you please volunteer to help the admissions office with data entry next April?? :D

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users