2020-2021 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
(Optional) Recognizing that applying for the 2021 application cycle was complicated for many reasons, please share any challenges and/or special circumstances that impacted your application, beyond the commonly experienced disruptions. (250 words) @TheDataKing
 
(Optional) Recognizing that applying for the 2021 application cycle was complicated for many reasons, please share any challenges and/or special circumstances that impacted your application, beyond the commonly experienced disruptions. (250 words) @TheDataKing
On other COVID essays, I've been writing about my clinical volunteering getting cancelled, but that seems like a commonly experienced disruption. I'm thinking I might just leave this one blank? Thoughts?
 
I took the Casper in early June and casper said my score was delivered, but Rochester says they have not received it. Anyone else having this problem?
 
On other COVID essays, I've been writing about my clinical volunteering getting cancelled, but that seems like a commonly experienced disruption. I'm thinking I might just leave this one blank? Thoughts?

That’s what I was thinking. I’ve been pretty fortunate that it hasn’t impacted me nearly as much as others, just the normal stuff like activities being canceled, which it seems like they don’t want to hear about. So I’ll probably leave it blank?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure if anyone will have a confident answer to this, but I had a question about the "Have you have ever applied to the University of Rochester School of Medicine?" question. I applied BS/MD in high school and didn't get in, but I never submitted AMCAS or a secondary to Rochester so I want to say no, especially because I don't wanna be considered a reapplicant when I'm not. The next section asks specifically about the BS/MD program and I'm indicating that I applied to that, but I'm just not totally sure how to answer the first question.
 
Question about this: Please check each of the following boxes that are relevant to your previous or current experiences (DO NOT check the box if you anticipate doing them but have yet to initiate the activity):

Does this not mean that if we already HAVE completed one of them, we can't check them off?
 
I'm not sure if anyone will have a confident answer to this, but I had a question about the "Have you have ever applied to the University of Rochester School of Medicine?" question. I applied BS/MD in high school and didn't get in, but I never submitted AMCAS or a secondary to Rochester so I want to say no, especially because I don't wanna be considered a reapplicant when I'm not. The next section asks specifically about the BS/MD program and I'm indicating that I applied to that, but I'm just not totally sure how to answer the first question.
I would answer yes to the first question.
 
I would answer yes to the first question.

When I select yes, it asks about the entering year and what's changed since my last application. But I didn't really have an entering year because I applied in 2016 and I essentially didn't have an actual medical school application at the time so everything's changed, which is why I was a little confused.
 
When I select yes, it asks about the entering year and what's changed since my last application. But I didn't really have an entering year because I applied in 2016 and I essentially didn't have an actual medical school application at the time so everything's changed, which is why I was a little confused.
I would email admissions about this. I emailed them this morning and they were very prompt and helpful.
 
That's good to hear! About how long did it take for them to get back to you? I emailed a little over an hour ago, so I was just curious.
10 minutes, but it was right when they opened. They might have more to respond to this time of day. I'm sure it'll take less than 24 hrs, which is still submitting early!
 
there is a tab "document upload" - where you can upload CV/resume or other documents. are we supposed to upload a resume ?
Just a slot for updates down the road. You may use it to express further interest in the school by tying your specific updates to their mission... Nothing additional needs to be uploaded.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if you apply for the MD/MBA you are also considered for the MD program at the same time? I am interested in it, but don't want to hinder the MD chances. I am guessing that if I apply to MD/MBA and get rejected, I wasted time and hurt the MD chances (other people would have interviewed and all that). Just want to confirm though.
 
Last edited:
Secondary Question: "Indicate the entering year and final disposition of your application." Are they asking about my application form last year? or this year? what is it they actually want? Thanks in advance!
 
Secondary Question: "Indicate the entering year and final disposition of your application." Are they asking about my application form last year? or this year? what is it they actually want? Thanks in advance!
If you're a reapplicant, you would put what year you applied for and whether you were invited for an interview at Rochester or whether you were rejected. "Final disposition" means outcome, although when googled, it can also mean burial or cremation :0
 
Does anyone know if indicating that I am applying to the MD/MBA program affects potential MD interview/acceptance?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad