2020-2021 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They’re really not going to get to the rest of us 😭

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted this morning. Interviewed 2/16.
At least it's not an R.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I received the "high wait list" email this morning which basically stated that I would have been accepted had UR not already accepted too many applicants early on due to "the unpredictability of virtual interviewing". For those who posted that they were waitlisted today, was it the "high wait list" or regular waitlist?

• Care
Regular wait list. Welp FML 😭

• Care
I received the "high wait list" email this morning which basically stated that I would have been accepted had UR not already accepted too many applicants early on due to "the unpredictability of virtual interviewing". For those who posted that they were waitlisted today, was it the "high wait list" or regular waitlist?
Just regular waitlist here on my end. Existence of a "high waitlist" sounds like more bad news for me 😭

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Also obviously I'd still die to go here....but it's kinda shifty that they don't tell people on the regular waitlist that there is a high priority waitlist. Like if you're not gonna tell us anything about the waitlist you could at least tell us that they're 2 of them?

Reactions: 3 users
Does the waitlist email specifically mention waitlist? I got an email saying I’d have to wait a few more weeks for a final decision on my app after interviewing in February

Does the waitlist email specifically mention waitlist? I got an email saying I’d have to wait a few more weeks for a final decision on my app after interviewing in February
I got that same email like 10 mins ago

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, the subject line literally says "waitlist"

Has anyone received their financial aid package? If people have received is anyone else still waiting?

Thanks!

Wait - are we talking about financial aid or am I missing something lol

• Haha
Wait - are we talking about jelly beans or am I missing something lol
Yep, it's A pril F ools day. The mods did word replacement throughout the site with Easter themes, so "purgatory" refers to wait-list, "jellybeans" is f i n a n c i a l a id, "anybunny" is any-body, and so on.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Yep, it's A pril F ools day. The mods did word replacement throughout the site with Easter themes, so "purgatory" refers to wait-list, "jellybeans" is f i n a n c i a l a id, "anybunny" is any-body, and so on.
Well in light of this, I recommend NOT looking up anybunny on google... RIP my search history on this work laptop

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Why my brain gotta be like this sigh I wish I never looked lmao
1617298036850.png

• Haha
Thanks! I submitted my FAFSA around January, my CSS profile around early or mid February, and the rochester aid Easter egg collection/my parents tax returns a few weeks ago. Don't remember the exact dates, sorry.
Did they email your package to you?

Did they email your package to you?

Yeah I got an email to my AMCAS email with the subject "financial aid award from Urochester". It contains a passworded folder that you open and your award is in one of the files there.

Does Rochester give feedback for post II rejections?

Edit: I sent an email asking for feedback, will post if they send

Last edited by a moderator:
Are others on the WL still getting the pop up cafe emails? I swear every time it sends my heart rate through the roof.

Are others on the WL still getting the pop up cafe emails? I swear every time it sends my heart rate through the roof.
it was even worse today because we got 2 of them... the pop up (which i expect now) but then another about the recorded lecture -_-

These Pop-up cafe emails are so bittersweet. I’m glad they’re not rejections...but at the same time...I don’t want to continue being swooned by a school if they’re just going to break my heart. I need to see some commitment and effort from URMC. I feel like I’m the only one putting in effort.

it was even worse today because we got 2 of them... the pop up (which i expect now) but then another about the recorded lecture -_-
Exactly!!! Like when they sent us stuff before the interview....please stop marketing yourself to me when I'm the one desperate for YOU to take ME not the other way around. I don't want your stickers and keychain if you reject me lol. It just feels like it's rubbing salt in the wound. Like here's another reminder of why we're great and you want to come here. I know I'm not rejected yet but knowing that there's a HPWL and I'm on the regular one, what are really the chances?

Exactly!!! Like when they sent us stuff before the interview....please stop marketing yourself to me when I'm the one desperate for YOU to take ME not the other way around. I don't want your stickers and keychain if you reject me lol. It just feels like it's rubbing salt in the wound. Like here's another reminder of why we're great and you want to come here. I know I'm not rejected yet but knowing that there's a HPWL and I'm on the regular one, what are really the chances?
completely agree. sending those materials pre-decision is pretty whack honestly

Do we think that the WL movement will only from the high priority list? I interviewed early in the cycle and didn't even know they had a HPWL.
Dr Nobay specifically said their WL is not ranked during a recent Q&A and didn't mention the existence of a HPWL, so I am confused on these HPWL posts. I also did not see any HPWL until the last month or so and have been on the thread since the beginning of the cycle, so maybe it's new or something IDK?

Dr Nobay specifically said their WL is not ranked during a recent Q&A and didn't mention the existence of a HPWL, so I am confused on these HPWL posts. I also did not see any HPWL until the last month or so and have been on the thread since the beginning of the cycle, so maybe it's new or something IDK?
maybe it's tiered instead of ranked then? idk if rochester historically has good movement but based on msar data (30 getting off the waitlist with a size of 350), the existence of a HPWL makes me give up getting off the waitlist

Has anyone who received the delayed decision email gotten any follow-up yet? I definitely want to put this cycle to rest ASAP lol

Has anyone who received the delayed decision email gotten any follow-up yet? I definitely want to put this cycle to rest ASAP lol
I also got the delayed email but did not hear back anything yet :(
However, in a recent QnA with Dr. Nobay, she mentioned that those who got the delayed decision email should hear back by the end of April

waitlisted. got the "decision delayed" before this

• Care
For those who have received their FA, how generous were they with need-based scholarships? Debating whether to send LOI here or not as I am low-income.

HWL, interviewed in early March, received delay email at the end of March.

I just got accepted 30 minutes ago. Still in shock. I interviewed the beginning of March and received the delayed notification email March 29.

• Love
Also received the delay email after interviewing in early march. Accepted yesterday morning!

• Love