You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Rochester
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Me too :'(Waitlisted this morning. Interviewed 2/16.
At least it's not an R.
apoptotic_bleb
Full Member
I received the "high wait list" email this morning which basically stated that I would have been accepted had UR not already accepted too many applicants early on due to "the unpredictability of virtual interviewing". For those who posted that they were waitlisted today, was it the "high wait list" or regular waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just regular waitlist here on my end. Existence of a "high waitlist" sounds like more bad news for me 😭I received the "high wait list" email this morning which basically stated that I would have been accepted had UR not already accepted too many applicants early on due to "the unpredictability of virtual interviewing". For those who posted that they were waitlisted today, was it the "high wait list" or regular waitlist?
Also obviously I'd still die to go here....but it's kinda shifty that they don't tell people on the regular waitlist that there is a high priority waitlist. Like if you're not gonna tell us anything about the waitlist you could at least tell us that they're 2 of them?
thehumanamerica
Full Member
Does the waitlist email specifically mention waitlist? I got an email saying I’d have to wait a few more weeks for a final decision on my app after interviewing in February
bodynotfondofcoffee
Full Member
WL just now 🙁 so sad
libraman
Full Member
I got that same email like 10 mins agoDoes the waitlist email specifically mention waitlist? I got an email saying I’d have to wait a few more weeks for a final decision on my app after interviewing in February
Yes, the subject line literally says "waitlist"Does the waitlist email specifically mention waitlist? I got an email saying I’d have to wait a few more weeks for a final decision on my app after interviewing in February
D
deleted1008763
Post II R
irondrawer
Full Member
Has anyone received their financial aid package? If people have received is anyone else still waiting?
Thanks!
Thanks!
Still waiting over hereHas anyone received their financial aid package? If people have received is anyone else still waiting?
Thanks!
Has anyone received their financial aid package? If people have received is anyone else still waiting?
Thanks!
Still waiting over here
Just got mine today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
artisticdeviation998
Full Member
ah thats awesome! still waiting on mine, when did you submit your documents?Just got mine today!
ah thats awesome! still waiting on mine, when did you submit your documents?
Thanks! I submitted my FAFSA around January, my CSS profile around early or mid February, and the rochester aid application/my parents tax returns a few weeks ago. Don't remember the exact dates, sorry.
Wait - are we talking about financial aid or am I missing something lol
Yep, it's A pril F ools day. The mods did word replacement throughout the site with Easter themes, so "purgatory" refers to wait-list, "jellybeans" is f i n a n c i a l a id, "anybunny" is any-body, and so on.Wait - are we talking about jelly beans or am I missing something lol
Well in light of this, I recommend NOT looking up anybunny on google... RIP my search history on this work laptopYep, it's A pril F ools day. The mods did word replacement throughout the site with Easter themes, so "purgatory" refers to wait-list, "jellybeans" is f i n a n c i a l a id, "anybunny" is any-body, and so on.
Why my brain gotta be like this sigh I wish I never looked lmaoWell in light of this, I recommend NOT looking up anybunny on google... RIP my search history on this work laptop
Why my brain gotta be like this sigh I wish I never looked lmao
Did they email your package to you?Thanks! I submitted my FAFSA around January, my CSS profile around early or mid February, and the rochester aid Easter egg collection/my parents tax returns a few weeks ago. Don't remember the exact dates, sorry.
Did they email your package to you?
Yeah I got an email to my AMCAS email with the subject "financial aid award from Urochester". It contains a passworded folder that you open and your award is in one of the files there.
D
deleted1008763
Does Rochester give feedback for post II rejections?
Edit: I sent an email asking for feedback, will post if they send
Edit: I sent an email asking for feedback, will post if they send
Last edited by a moderator:
lol yes I feel this so muchAre others on the WL still getting the pop up cafe emails? I swear every time it sends my heart rate through the roof.
it was even worse today because we got 2 of them... the pop up (which i expect now) but then another about the recorded lecture -_-Are others on the WL still getting the pop up cafe emails? I swear every time it sends my heart rate through the roof.
These Pop-up cafe emails are so bittersweet. I’m glad they’re not rejections...but at the same time...I don’t want to continue being swooned by a school if they’re just going to break my heart. I need to see some commitment and effort from URMC. I feel like I’m the only one putting in effort.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gcgcej
New Member
Do you mind me asking when you interviewed?Just got a High Wait List email
Exactly!!! Like when they sent us stuff before the interview....please stop marketing yourself to me when I'm the one desperate for YOU to take ME not the other way around. I don't want your stickers and keychain if you reject me lol. It just feels like it's rubbing salt in the wound. Like here's another reminder of why we're great and you want to come here. I know I'm not rejected yet but knowing that there's a HPWL and I'm on the regular one, what are really the chances?it was even worse today because we got 2 of them... the pop up (which i expect now) but then another about the recorded lecture -_-
libraman
Full Member
I interviewed Feb 17Do you mind me asking when you interviewed?
completely agree. sending those materials pre-decision is pretty whack honestlyExactly!!! Like when they sent us stuff before the interview....please stop marketing yourself to me when I'm the one desperate for YOU to take ME not the other way around. I don't want your stickers and keychain if you reject me lol. It just feels like it's rubbing salt in the wound. Like here's another reminder of why we're great and you want to come here. I know I'm not rejected yet but knowing that there's a HPWL and I'm on the regular one, what are really the chances?
Dr Nobay specifically said their WL is not ranked during a recent Q&A and didn't mention the existence of a HPWL, so I am confused on these HPWL posts. I also did not see any HPWL until the last month or so and have been on the thread since the beginning of the cycle, so maybe it's new or something IDK?Do we think that the WL movement will only from the high priority list? I interviewed early in the cycle and didn't even know they had a HPWL.
bodynotfondofcoffee
Full Member
maybe it's tiered instead of ranked then? idk if rochester historically has good movement but based on msar data (30 getting off the waitlist with a size of 350), the existence of a HPWL makes me give up getting off the waitlistDr Nobay specifically said their WL is not ranked during a recent Q&A and didn't mention the existence of a HPWL, so I am confused on these HPWL posts. I also did not see any HPWL until the last month or so and have been on the thread since the beginning of the cycle, so maybe it's new or something IDK?
thehumanamerica
Full Member
Has anyone who received the delayed decision email gotten any follow-up yet? I definitely want to put this cycle to rest ASAP lol
ya post #789 said they did, they got hpwlHas anyone who received the delayed decision email gotten any follow-up yet? I definitely want to put this cycle to rest ASAP lol
growthmindset
New Member
I also got the delayed email but did not hear back anything yet 🙁Has anyone who received the delayed decision email gotten any follow-up yet? I definitely want to put this cycle to rest ASAP lol
However, in a recent QnA with Dr. Nobay, she mentioned that those who got the delayed decision email should hear back by the end of April
For those who have received their FA, how generous were they with need-based scholarships? Debating whether to send LOI here or not as I am low-income.
Very generous in my case!For those who have received their FA, how generous were they with need-based scholarships? Debating whether to send LOI here or not as I am low-income.
depaysement
Full Member
Just withdrew my acceptance hope it goes to one of you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
artisticdeviation998
Full Member
does anyone know if they will still have recorded lectures next fall?
I emailed administration about this. They said no D:does anyone know if they will still have recorded lectures next fall?
As a current student at UR, I am happy to tell you that this is not true. They just informed us that there will be recorded lectures next year for MS1s and MS2s.I emailed administration about this. They said no D:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 756
- Views
- 226K