2020-2021 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
they said that they currently have 160 acceptances for a 144 class size. It's better than where they were last year at this point but not by much. They also said of the 160, 59 of those students are still holding other waitlist offers and half of those students have 2+ waitlist offers. They said their numbers will drop more in the next few weeks, but everything is still very uncertain and we should not hold our breath essentially. There is a chance, but it's most likely on the slimmer side.
All the stuff they said about purposefully trying to use the waitlist had my hopes so up. I guess start working on the reapp 😪

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
All the stuff they said about purposefully trying to use the waitlist had my hopes so up. I guess start working on the reapp 😪
remember they DID over the past few months make some acceptances over the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi y'all! I am an accepted student at Rush Medical College (right across from UICOM Chicago). Since our schools are both in the medical district and are super close, would anyone from UIC be interested in creating a combined housing/roommates spreadsheet so we can maximize housing options? If you guys are interested, we can even make a Rush/UICOM groupme too.
Posted this on UIC thread but feel free to PM me if anyone from Rush is also interested!

Members don't see this ad :)
I see on the website that the accepted student monthly town hall is today. Anyone get any information or zoom link over email about it?

Seems like rush will continue their trend of rarely taking someone off the waitlist. Last year they didn't take a single person.
They did say at one of the admitted student town halls a few months ago that they've overenrolled by about 10 students for the last couple years, so that makes sense

Reactions: 1 user
they said that they currently have 160 acceptances for a 144 class size. It's better than where they were last year at this point but not by much. They also said of the 160, 59 of those students are still holding other waitlist offers and half of those students have 2+ waitlist offers. They said their numbers will drop more in the next few weeks, but everything is still very uncertain and we should not hold our breath essentially. There is a chance, but it's most likely on the slimmer side.
I'm curious, how do they know the number of people who are on other waitlists? and that some people are on more than one? Did they take a survey or something?

I'm curious, how do they know the number of people who are on other waitlists? and that some people are on more than one? Did they take a survey or something?
They have access to that information through the choose your medical school tool. But it does not show people's names iirc so they don't know who they are

another student waitlist townhall meeting tonight. hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Can't make it to the town hall. Can someone that went please give a summary of the main points?
Down to 154 acceptances, 10 higher than their target of 144.

112 total have committed to enroll. Remaining 42 are still holding other waitlist spots.

Should expect to mostly finalize everything in the first 10 days of July.

Not looking good for us boys/girls!

Reactions: 1 users
Shoot, totally forgot about the town hall tonight. Can anyone summarize?

I'm real late to the party, but is there a GroupMe for the 2021 entering class? I don't have a facebook to check the class page so i'm outside the loop. Thanks!