2020-2021 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My award package has posted to my Rush account. I didn’t receive any an email, just happened to check.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
A! Interviewed 2/24, OOS ORM LM 70. Love their mission focus.

Reactions: 3 users
Will be withdrawing my acceptance. I hope it goes to one of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi.
I have provided the link to find it. It is located under the " Medical Student forms", on the first page, scroll down.

Thank you so much!

did you all email this form to the finaid office or upload it somewhere?

Very late to the game here, but A off the Priority 2021 Waitlist about an hour ago! OOS, Complete July, interviewed in Jan, WL end of Jan.

Best of luck to everyone else on the WL!!
Wow congrats that’s great. Now I can’t help but be concerned for myself since I was put on the priority waitlist a few weeks before you and have yet to hear anything :/ not sure if this means I don’t have a chance anymore..

Wow congrats that’s great. Now I can’t help but be concerned for myself since I was put on the priority waitlist a few weeks before you and have yet to hear anything :/ not sure if this means I don’t have a chance anymore..
Thanks! I don’t think that’s necessarily true. I don’t believe the waitlists are ranked, or ordered based on when you were placed on the WL. Each applicant should be individually reviewed for their characteristics, experiences, etc. and how they fit into the incoming class. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Got my financial aid award package! Does anyone understand what they mean by Fall, Spring, and Summer awards? My summer award is disproportionally higher than my spring or fall so I'm a little confused if this money can only be used for the summer classes?

Got my financial aid award package! Does anyone understand what they mean by Fall, Spring, and Summer awards? My summer award is disproportionally higher than my spring or fall so I'm a little confused if this money can only be used for the summer classes?

Based on MSAR, the school has trimesters instead of semesters.
I was also wondering about that, do we get summer break for year 1 (for research, etc, or not?). I think that summer period will be shorter compared to the fall and spring period, perhaps that's why it cost less.

Did you receive an email or was it in your portal?

Did you receive an email or was it in your portal?
Check your outlook/Rush.edu email account. They sent the emails there instead of our AAMC-associated email accounts.

Anyone else not able to see their package? Waiting on IT support *sigh*

Edit: Emailed financial aid and they sent a screenshot for anyone having the same issue!

Last edited:
Check your outlook/Rush.edu email account. They sent the emails there instead of our AAMC-associated email accounts.

Anyone else not able to see their package? Waiting on IT support *sigh*

Edit: Emailed financial aid and they sent a screenshot for anyone having the same issue!
when did you get info on what your rush.edu email is? I just got the email at my personal email address saying "Your award offer for the 2021-22 academic year is ready for review online by logging into the Rush University Portal." but since I don't know what my Rush email address is, I can't log in to the portal lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Could any current students give some insights into around when M1 year is officially over and speak to what students do over the summer break?

Last edited:
Anyone else waiting to hear a decision tomorrow? Do you think it will come in the morning? Or will I be anxiously paralyzed all day waiting?

How long did it take to receive your Rush account info (email, student id, etc.) after your acceptance?

anyone know if rush gives need-based grants/scholarships?
Yes, I believe they do. Their website talks about it under the financial aid section. They have both need-based and merit-based grants/scholarships that you are automatically considered for, and the office of admissions should reach out to you about those as well.

Anyone else waiting to hear a decision tomorrow? Do you think it will come in the morning? Or will I be anxiously paralyzed all day waiting?
im hearing back tomorrow too! from what i’ve seen in this thread decisions are sent out sometime between 10am-12pm CST i think

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got the acceptance email! interviewed 3/3!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I got the A!!!!! this was my only MD II im gonna cry 😭

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I also just got the A! This is also my only MD II and I am so incredibly happy! Can't wait to meet you all in the fall!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
For those who got their acceptance yesterday, has the "Choose your medical school" tool shown up on your amcas yet? Also congratulations!!!

For those who got their acceptance yesterday, has the "Choose your medical school" tool shown up on your amcas yet? Also congratulations!!!
It will take a few days for CYMS to appear on your app when you are fist accepted into a program.

Have others received their Rush email yet? I was accepted in Feb and have yet to receive it.

Could any current students give some insights into around when M1 year is officially over and speak to what students do over the summer break?
Hey, M1 year ends right around the end of June. M1 summer is from July until the beginning of September (I believe our M2 year started the week before Labor Day, so around 8/9 weeks of summer). In case you're wondering why summer starts so late, Rush is either the last or second to last med school in the country to begin classes in the M1 year. Most schools start in July/August, but Rush starts in September. In terms of M1 summer, there's no way to generalize what the student body does. Some do research, some get a job, some take part in volunteering programs, others to community based health research/programs, some do nothing and chill. It's all about what you want to do. I know a lot of kids my year did some research but also blocked off time to vacation. Generally, most research is remote (I.e. not bench/basic science research) so students are free to leave Chicago (what many of my friends and I did).

Reactions: 5 users
During my interview, I was told that the next round of decisions goes out tomorrow. Goodluck!

Ope, nvrm. Just got an A like an hour or so ago!

Reactions: 2 users
is the acceptance offer binding? Waiting to review financial aid before committing

is the acceptance offer binding? Waiting to review financial aid before committing
No, MD school acceptances follow the AAMCs guidelines. You have to PTE to one school by May 1. And then rush will have a committee to enroll deadline

How many come off the waitlist for RUSH?

Does anyone know when the scholarship essays are due tomorrow? Also, is the primary care one binding?

How many come off the waitlist for RUSH?
Last year only 1 or 2 people came off waitlist. This year, tho, they got rid of active consideration and created a priority waitlist so who knows

Reactions: 2 users
Last year only 1 or 2 people came off waitlist. This year, tho, they got rid of active consideration and created a priority waitlist so who knows
I know it's already more than 2, myself included, which sounds like good news for everyone! I have a feeling the shift to a priority waitlist has made the process already quite different this cycle compared to the last.

I'm a bit confused about financial aid/ tuition/ etc and hoping someone can explain it. So for those of us who have submitted FAFSA and received a financial aid offer from Rush, we now know much financial aid they're offering us, but we do not yet know how much tuition for the year will be, correct? So I can't really proceed with accepting the financial aid yet because I don't know if it will be more than I need or not enough, etc. Is that correct for now?

I know it's already more than 2, myself included, which sounds like good news for everyone! I have a feeling the shift to a priority waitlist has made the process already quite different this cycle compared to the last.
Agree, and for the best.

Does anyone know where we can find the required vaccines for Rush? I want to see what I am missing and get those shots done :)

Last year, no one got off waitlist nor active consideration:/

Has anyone heard anything back about the merit scholarships yet? Or are we thinking that they'll probably release that info on Friday?

Has anyone heard anything back about the merit scholarships yet? Or are we thinking that they'll probably release that info on Friday?
So I received a half scholarship today! It wasn't any of the ones I applied to that they offered, but I know we are supposed to hear back no later than April 9th I believe for those?

If we already got our financial aid package is there still a chance we could get a scholarship?