2020-2021 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How did they notify for merit scholarships? Through email or did you just see it in the portal?

Members don't see this ad.

Notified via my normal non-rush email and they said it was based on them liking my app and interview.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think they are still sending out merit scholarships?

has anyone heard back about the rush scholarships we had to write essays for? I know they said we can hear until April 9th but was just wondering if anyone heard back early

has anyone heard back about the rush scholarships we had to write essays for? I know they said we can hear until April 9th but was just wondering if anyone heard back early
I personally haven't heard and felt like they would probably wait until last minute. I just hope they get to them tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 users
any word on scholarships?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when M1s typically begin looking for housing? (i.e visiting apartments, signing leasing, etc.) Also, when do M1s typically move into their housing? I know school starts in late august. Just trying to gauge.

Does anyone know when M1s typically begin looking for housing? (i.e visiting apartments, signing leasing, etc.) Also, when do M1s typically move into their housing? I know school starts in late august. Just trying to gauge.
The admin on the incoming class page on FB noted incoming classmates normally look for housing/move in 1 month prior to class start. After April 30th when most students are sure they are coming to rush, the admin will create a spreadsheet so that the students can begin looking for roommate or connecting to find apartments.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if the second look month sessions are recorded. Unfortunately, I am unable to attend any of them due to my work schedule.

Does anyone know if the second look month sessions are recorded. Unfortunately, I am unable to attend any of them due to my work schedule.
Yes, they are all recorded! You can find them on the second look month webpage, within the list of links under each respective session. They also post other useful information for each of the sessions! I've definitely watched a few recordings when I was unable to attend as well!

Withdrew my acceptance here. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!!! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Has anybody had any luck inquiring about scholarships and grants directly to the school? I had some friends with multiple acceptances in the past who were able to leverage different scholarship awards at different schools to get better scholarships at the school to which they eventually matriculated.

Has anybody had any luck inquiring about scholarships and grants directly to the school? I had some friends with multiple acceptances in the past who were able to leverage different scholarship awards at different schools to get better scholarships at the school to which they eventually matriculated.
I tried but admissions informed me that they don't have the resources

accepted to the HESJLP program :)

does anyone know if/when rush drug tests incoming students? asking for a friend of course 🙃

sadly withdrew my A today. Is declining on the portal sufficient?

Withdrew my spot, was really hesitant on this one and was very split but hope my seat is helpful to one of yall!

Any waitlist movement from anyone?

On their website: Yes they do
When: during orientation I think
There is a drug urine analysis during orientation week, they clarified that during one of the zooms for second look. They also take care of all vaccinations during this time, initially assessed via a serum quantiferon analysis covered by our health insurance.

It was a gut wrenching decision to make, but I declined my A. I hope a student dedicated to community activism gets the slot!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Do we know how many students had to SOAP on this year's match? and what the pre/post soap match rate was?

Do we know how many students had to SOAP on this year's match? and what the pre/post soap match rate was?
This kind of info is even hard to get as students of an institution. I would be very very surprised if this was public knowledge.

Is there a list of pre-matriculation tasks for us with deadlines somewhere, i.e. sending our official transcript copies in, etc.? I don't think I saw an email with that info, unless I missed it. Thanks!

Is there a list of pre-matriculation tasks for us with deadlines somewhere, i.e. sending our official transcript copies in, etc.? I don't think I saw an email with that info, unless I missed it. Thanks!

You should email Alyssa from admissions. I remember she said she will post everything on the accepted students page.

Starting to think we aren't gonna see much movement off the waitlist this year :/
I did some research based off of old SDN threads for Rush and it seems that people start getting off the waitlist starting in the 3rd week of May most typically.

Waitlisted town hall is tomorrow right? I didn't get an email about the one they were talking about having in between but this one should still be on and hopefully they have some sense of if there will be movement

Are there any rules for if we PTE'd at Rush by the 4/30 deadline but just received an acceptance off the waitlist at another school and are still waiting for the financial aid offer at the other school to make a decision? Do we have to inform Rush of the new acceptance within 24 hours or something like that? I haven't seen anything like this for Rush specifically..

Waitlisted town hall is tomorrow right? I didn't get an email about the one they were talking about having in between but this one should still be on and hopefully they have some sense of if there will be movement
Admissions hasn't sent anything out about a town hall. Are you sure it is still happening?

This was my way of guessing at that number... Rush's Match Day 2021 PDF showed 118 students matched but they had 124 total students enrolled in the M4 class, so it looks like 6 students didn't match for one reason or another on that specific day and had to SOAP. Despite that, it looks like all 124 students did match into a residency because the language Rush uses on it's Match Day page suggests that.

This was my way of guessing at that number... Rush's Match Day 2021 PDF showed 118 students matched but they had 124 total students enrolled in the M4 class, so it looks like 6 students didn't match for one reason or another on that specific day and had to SOAP. Despite that, it looks like all 124 students did match into a residency because the language Rush uses on it's Match Day page suggests that.
It’s a solid school, they match well. I wouldn’t read into the numbers!

Keep in mind that out of the 124 enrolled, there may be some who might have taken a leave of absence/deferral or decided to pursue a dual degree masters or research year. I also heard that some students may pursue a career outside of the US after graduation so they choose not to go through the match process with the US system. So its hard to say with just those numbers. But regardless, the match rate still is very high with those numbers, especially considering how this year went.

expect little to no movement for the rush waitlist this year. this is coming from info given from the rush waitlist townhall. class is already overpacked. sorry yall :/

expect little to no movement for the rush waitlist this year. this is coming from info given from the rush waitlist townhall. class is already overpacked. sorry yall :/
they said that they currently have 160 acceptances for a 144 class size. It's better than where they were last year at this point but not by much. They also said of the 160, 59 of those students are still holding other waitlist offers and half of those students have 2+ waitlist offers. They said their numbers will drop more in the next few weeks, but everything is still very uncertain and we should not hold our breath essentially. There is a chance, but it's most likely on the slimmer side.

Keep in mind that out of the 124 enrolled, there may be some who might have taken a leave of absence/deferral or decided to pursue a dual degree masters or research year. I also heard that some students may pursue a career outside of the US after graduation so they choose not to go through the match process with the US system. So its hard to say with just those numbers. But regardless, the match rate still is very high with those numbers, especially considering how this year went.
Exactly. Even IF these numbers are correct, 95% match is higher than average. And any students with extenuating circumstances who deferred etc. would only make that % increase.