2020-2021 Rutgers (New Jersey)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just curious, does anyone elses application says "your application is ready" next to the application complete? I submitted my secondary on 07/17 and my casper score was submitted on 7/31 and I have a green check next to everything but I haven't received a complete email yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious, does anyone elses application says "your application is ready" next to the application complete? I submitted my secondary on 07/17 and my casper score was submitted on 7/31 and I have a green check next to everything but I haven't received a complete email yet.
i'd call or email them imo

Members don't see this ad :)
ED Interview invite received last night for next week!
Secondary complete 7/28.
Anyone else hear back?

Got the call Sunday night 08/09/2020. Interviewed 07/22

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
ED Interview invite received last night for next week!
Secondary complete 7/28.
Anyone else hear back?
Hey, I got the call from Dr. Heinrich on Sunday night, interviewed on 7-21!

Reactions: 5 users
I submitted for ED and my secondaries were submitted by 07/16. I've been verified and I received my MCAT 7/14, however, it says my MCAT hasn't been received and therefore my application isn't complete. I contacted them and they noted it was because I had registered for another MCAT but said they would move my application to complete, however, after nearly 2 weeks, I don't think my application has been reviewed yet. What should I do?

I submitted for ED and my secondaries were submitted by 07/16. I've been verified and I received my MCAT 7/14, however, it says my MCAT hasn't been received and therefore my application isn't complete. I contacted them and they noted it was because I had registered for another MCAT but said they would move my application to complete, however, after nearly 2 weeks, I don't think my application has been reviewed yet. What should I do?
So if you registered for another MCAT, they are probably assuming they want that you want it to be considered when reviewing your application? Am I right in assuming that you want them to review you with your current MCAT score and not to wait for the next one? If so, I would try to clarify this with the adcom. Hope this helps!

if anyone is wondering how my day is going i got a secondary 30 days ago and never saw it:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
it doesnt even make sense cause i was never even verified until august so like ugh whatever man. to make myself feel better, does Rutgers even look at your app before your CASPER score comes in?

For those that have been communicating with Dr. Heinrich, do you think it’s too late to initiate a conversation with him now that the cycle is underway? I’m regular MD with primary already submitted. Also a former rutgers affiliated student so maybe I really should but I’m not sure what exactly I would even email him about (hence why I never did it before now). Any advice?

Are they interviewing any RD applicants yet, does anyone know?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So if I'm a reapplicant, should I only fill out the reapplicant prompt? It would be the same essay as the gap year one and this wasn't a voluntary gap year (yikes). this would also be the same essay as what I'm doing for the school year. How are people going about this? It's three questions that basically ask the same thing and can't all apply to any one person.

Just read the prompts and also curious about this. Are there certain questions we should omit if we are reapplicants?

Have any RD applicants hear back or receive an ii?

@SLVRSRFR If you don't mind sharing, could you say what your stats were? Also, if anyone else who was accepted is willing to share their stats, that would be very helpful!

Does anyone know the average GPA MCAT for Early Decision?

Does anyone know the average GPA MCAT for Early Decision?

I’m not sure about the stats for ED specifically but the average MCAT score and average GPA for the class of 2023 was 514 and 3.68 respectively.

For my ED people, anyone know if there's an accepted FB page or groupme yet?

For my ED people, anyone know if there's an accepted FB page or groupme yet?

yes! I just DM’d you. If there are any other accepted students not on the group chat, feel free to DM me and I can add you.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone just get the magazine invite and got excited for no reason

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Liek they must have some sort of touch to the way applicants feel and the stress they are out under

Same! And then I saw “dear applicants” and knew that it was some generic garbage.

I don’t get how they’re allowed to email us during the cycle with garbage. Isn’t cruel and unusual punishment unconstitutional?

Just submitted today but still had a heart attack earlier with the magazine.

Regular Decision II at 9:30pm! But Dr. Heinrich asked if I'd be available for the interview this Wednesday on the 9th. That's super last minute and I'd have to request time off from work :(. Would it be bad to ask if a later date were possible? Did anyone else get anything?

Regular Decision II at 9:30pm! But Dr. Heinrich asked if I'd be available for the interview this Wednesday on the 9th. That's super last minute and I'd have to request time off from work :(. Would it be bad to ask if a later date were possible? Did anyone else get anything?
Hmm I mean I don’t think it would hurt to ask. You could mention that you have work and you’d not want to call out so suddenly?

Did they email or did you get a call with the II?

Hmm I mean I don’t think it would hurt to ask. You could mention that you have work and you’d not want to call out so suddenly?

Did they email or did you get a call with the II?
Thanks for the response! I know this is all probably obvious and trivial but I just don't want to make a bad impression lol.

But it was an email.

Thanks for the response! I know this is all probably obvious and trivial but I just don't want to make a bad impression lol.

But it was an email.
You also mentioned in your initial comment that he asked if you’d be available for that date. I’m sure if you mention you have work they’ll be amenable to giving you an alternate date since it doesn’t seem to be set in stone. A bit surprising that they’re initially giving you such short turnaround though. Hope you’re able to get a later date!

thanks for letting me know it was an email too!

No problem! and yeah I will probably say that I prefer a later date, but that I will make arrangements for that date if absolutely necessary. this totally caught me off guard and Idk if I'd be mentally prepared so soon, but at the same time it would be good to get it out of the way and hear back sooner... curse my indecisiveness! haha

Did any other RD applicants receive an II? He emailed me back with an alternate date, but I can't accept on account of another interview. I'm wondering why they don't just do this through the portal with a calendar showing available interview dates :/. I feel terrible declining 2 dates already...sigh

Did any other RD applicants receive an II? He emailed me back with an alternate date, but I can't accept on account of another interview. I'm wondering why they don't just do this through the portal with a calendar showing available interview dates :/. I feel terrible declining 2 dates already...sigh
I just received an email from Dr. Heinrich, saying "You have been selected to be invited for a remote interview at NJMS! Before we send the official invitation, please advise if you are available Thursday, September 10, at 10AM."

I see from your previous posts that you also had something similar. Are we actually receiving interview invites with only two-days in advance?

I just received an email from Dr. Heinrich, saying "You have been selected to be invited for a remote interview at NJMS! Before we send the official invitation, please advise if you are available Thursday, September 10, at 10AM."

I see from your previous posts that you also had something similar. Are we actually receiving interview invites with only two-days in advance?

I guess so, and he didn't even tell us how long the interviews would last or anything:grumpy:...that's a little irritating and I hate that I am having such a hard time scheduling the damn thing lol. I would feel better if I were emailing the general office of admissions, but it feels weird going back and forth with Heinrich himself...Were you able to agree for the 10th?

edit: Also, congrats!!!

Last edited:
  • Care
I guess so, and he didn't even tell us how long the interviews would last or anything:grumpy:...that's a little irritating and I hate that I am having such a hard time scheduling the damn thing lol. I would feel better if I were emailing the general office of admissions, but it feels weird going back and forth with Heinrich himself...Were you able to agree for the 10th?

Thanks, and congrats on your interview too. I have an interview with another school scheduled next Wednesday, and I've been busy preparing for that one. After that interview, it would be great if I had a week to prepare for the NJMS one. Should I tell Dr. Heinrich that I would want to have the interview in two weeks?

Thanks, and congrats on your interview too. I have an interview with another school scheduled next Wednesday, and I've been busy preparing for that one. After that interview, it would be great if I had a week to prepare for the NJMS one. Should I tell Dr. Heinrich that I would want to have the interview in two weeks?

thanks! and yeah I would tell him you aren't available for the date he gave, and then give a few dates during that week, or just give a range of dates.

thanks! and yeah I would tell him you aren't available for the date he gave, and then give a few dates during that week, or just give a range of dates.
Yeah that's essentially what i did. Let's see what he says lol.

When were you guys complete?