2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also accepted off HPWL for Binghamton campus yesterday AM. First MD acceptance!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I was previously told they reached my spot quite often in prior cycles. I reached out today and the person said they aren’t confident they will reach me this year.

Good luck to everyone still in the running

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was previously told they reached my spot quite often in prior cycles. I reached out today and the person said they aren’t confident they will reach me this year.Feelsbadman.

Good luck to everyone still in the running
This is such a bummer, I’m hoping you get some good news after all :( also, did they really get back to you in one day? I emailed them on 6/15 regarding my HPA standing and still haven’t heard back

This is such a bummer, I’m hoping you get some good news after all :( also, did they really get back to you in one day? I emailed them on 6/15 regarding my HPA standing and still haven’t heard back
It sounds like your email just got lost among everything else. Maybe send it again or call? Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
I called the admissions office and they said they couldn’t say anything about my position on the HPA list. The only thing they told me was I should know by July 15, which is 21 days prior to matriculation. Based upon previous replies, I have no idea what will happen as previous years people have stated they got in after July 15. I’m honestly done with worrying about these waitlists as I only get vague answers or just no reply at all. Best of luck to everyone on the HPA list.

I called the admissions office and they said they couldn’t say anything about my position on the HPA list. The only thing they told me was I should know by July 15, which is 21 days prior to matriculation. Based upon previous replies, I have no idea what will happen as previous years people have stated they got in after July 15. I’m honestly done with worrying about these waitlists as I only get vague answers or just no reply at all. Best of luck to everyone on the HPA list.
I was told over the phone I had to send an email and then got a response today after one week and they just told me the same thing about how they couldn’t say anything, but they didn’t mention anything about July 15th to me. It seems like every one of us who asks gets a directed a different way and ends up getting varying amount of information and man is it exhausting

Will be withdrawing from the HPA List. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
just got the call this morning for the Binghamton campus! can’t even believe it, my first MD acceptance! better late than never I suppose :D

Reactions: 1 users
It is essentially a conversation both with the student and faculty member. For me it was more about presenting myself and there were a few "standard" questions asked. I didn't get any behavioral questions during my II but probably depends on the interviewer.
Could you possibly speak upon the "standard" questions?

Has anyone done their Masters to MD pathway?