2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed on 2/10 and no changes to portal. Have a feeling I was skipped over, similar experience at 2 other SUNYs.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will be withdrawing my A. Hope it goes to one of you, good luck everyone.

Quick q: Do we just email them to withdraw? Can't find the option on Banner.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Will be withdrawing my A. Hope it goes to one of you, good luck everyone.

Quick q: Do we just email them to withdraw? Can't find the option on Banner.
That’s what I did, just sent a short email.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Will be withdrawing here shortly.

Hope my acceptance goes to one of you fine folks! Best of luck to everyone! :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Ayeee congrats to everyone that was accepted!

I don't mean to be that guy, but would any of you mind sharing if you were accepted to a specific campus?

Otherwise, mad hyped for all of you!

Last edited:
Withdrew my acceptance here today - hope it goes to one of you guys! Cheers!!

• Love
Current students: do you feel like it’s necessary to have a car for first year if I’m living in Geneva? And how much did you pay for parking?

How long did it take for financial aid to get posted?

The PTE deadline is coming up and I'll need to make a decision soon

I am on the low priority waitlist, but I got a call regarding the Public Health Scholars Program. Does anyone involved with the school have any information regarding this program? It is a conditional-acceptance into the MD program for matriculation next summer if I pass the course. If anyone knows more info about this place message me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Upstate gives out most of their scholarships with the initial financial aid package?

Can you be considered/apply later on?

Does anyone know if Upstate gives out most of their scholarships with the initial financial aid package?

Can you be considered/apply later on?
I didn’t get one with my initial package, but then got one a few weeks later! They also just let me know of a scholarship I can apply for, so definitely be on the lookout for any emails like that

Withdrew my A earlier today, hope the spot goes to one of you folks! Good luck

• Love
anyone have any idea when there might be movement on the HPA list/has anyone on the HPA list heard anything? also everyone who’s been taking the time to post about withdrawing their A is seriously so kind, it gives some of us hope :)

anyone have any idea when there might be movement on the HPA list/has anyone on the HPA list heard anything? also everyone who’s been taking the time to post about withdrawing their A is seriously so kind, it gives some of us hope :)
I would probably look out from May 1st on because students have to PTE to 1 school and drop all the other acceptances they received on April 30th. So, I would be on the lookout a couple of weeks into May.

Reactions: 1 user
interviewed first half of feb. got a portal change either last night or today. haven't heard anything else..

Has any March-April acceptees received their financial aid packages yet?
April 30 is a few days away and I still don't have my award yet.

Has any March-April acceptees received their financial aid packages yet?
April 30 is a few days away and I still don't have my award yet.
I got mine today, so hopefully, they will get to you soon.

I got mine today, so hopefully, they will get to you soon.
Just received mine recently!

All loans :( so I will be withdrawing, hope it goes to one of you! Good luck everyone!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
I’ve had decision made for close to five days it hurts

Is there a column that says Application preference for you? I have that and it says not entered below it, idk what that column is associated with.

Is there a column that says Application preference for you? I have that and it says not entered below it, idk what that column is associated with.
yeah and mine says no entered, it also says below the red text “ignore the not entered column” lol. i thogjht it meant something before i saw that

are you waiting on a decision too?!!

yeah and mine says no entered, it also says below the red text “ignore the not entered column” lol. i thogjht it meant something before i saw that

are you waiting on a decision too?!!

Yeah I'm waiting on a decision too! My portal just went blank where it said pending committee but when I click on my application summary it says "Decision Made". LMAO i didn't read anything below the red text till you mentioned it.

Yeah I'm waiting on a decision too! My portal just went blank where it said pending committee but when I click on my application summary it says "Decision Made". LMAO i didn't read anything below the red text till you mentioned it
Yeah I'm waiting on a decision too! My portal just went blank where it said pending committee but when I click on my application summary it says "Decision Made". LMAO i didn't read anything below the red text till you mentioned it.
ughh i don’t know what to thin k of this decision made! is it a good or bad sign it’s taking so long lol

ughh i don’t know what to thin k of this decision made! is it a good or bad sign it’s taking so long lol

Hopefully we get an A or HPWL. Regular waitlist is a rejection sadly.

Hopefully we get an A or HPWL. Regular waitlist is a rejection sadly.
i know honestly if i got a HPWL i would be blessed. my interview did not go good and i’m not competitive!!! post here when it updates.. i’m dying

Withdrew my acceptance a few days ago. I really hope my spot goes to one of you. Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone from this cycle who was put on the HPA, received an A yet?

I am on the low priority waitlist, but I got a call regarding the Public Health Scholars Program. Does anyone involved with the school have any information regarding this program? It is a conditional-acceptance into the MD program for matriculation next summer if I pass the course. If anyone knows more info about this place message me!
Did you get any info on this? I'm on the hold list and would like to know as well. Thanks

Anyone planning on emailing admissions on Monday asking about relative position on HPWL? Not sure if its too early

Is the silence this week worrying anyone else?
Practically all of the schools I’m waitlisted at have been silent or have had very little movement. Idk whether that makes me feel better or worse

• Care