2020-2021 TCU & UNTHSC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's Friday, good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Hi I had a question about the logistics of the interview, I know there's not much that can be said about the interview, so ignore this if it is one of the questions that cannot be answered, are students allowed to take notes during the two minute preparation of reading the prompt before the corresponding station? Thanks guys
No, note taking isn't allowed at any point during the interview. You can have water and that's it. You won't need to take notes though because the prompts are short enough to remember. I felt like the two minutes was more than enough time to read and contemplate on my answer.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Continued consideration x8....sigh...I really want to go here now....

Reactions: 1 user
Continued consideration x3, excited to still be in the pool!

Continued consideration x4. Feel like the CC gang should form a band or something.

CC x2, glad to still be in consideration, really hopeful for a decision in the near future

I have an interview here on Monday and received absolutely nothing by way of additional instructions today in email. Is this normal for this school? What should I be expecting?

I have an interview here on Monday and received absolutely nothing by way of additional instructions today in email. Is this normal for this school? What should I be expecting?
Yeah they didn’t really send much, I’m pretty sure you just log in with the zoom link and they walk you through. They explain the mmi format on the interview day as opposed to doing it before. Not sure why this is.

Last edited:
Yeah they didn’t really send much, I’m pretty sure you just log in with the zoom link and they walk you through. They explain the mmi format on the interview day as opposed to doing it before. Not sure why this is.
Thanks!

Does anyone think that the TMDSAS match will open up some spots here? How did the match influence acceptances/waitlists last year (if y'all know)?

Does anyone think that the TMDSAS match will open up some spots here? How did the match influence acceptances/waitlists last year (if y'all know)?
What I’d like to know is what this continued consideration status actually means, after getting it 8 times lmao...I don’t think I can mentally handle another waitlist after 2 failed tmdsas cycles....

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So from what I’ve heard (having researched it thoroughly during my extensive time on the CC train), it means you’re file is kept in the “review pile” so each time the committee meets they review you again with the rest of the candidates. Then I believe at the end of the cycle the students still on CC will be automatically put on the waitlist.

So from what I’ve heard (having researched it thoroughly during my extensive time on the CC train), it means you’re file is kept in the “review pile” so each time the committee meets they review you again with the rest of the candidates. Then I believe at the end of the cycle the students still on CC will be automatically put on the waitlist.
So do I have the CC record now? NernstEqn time to pack up!

oh ok so there will eventually be an actual waitlist? Anyone have any idea when they will decide who goes on the waitlist?

oh ok so there will eventually be an actual waitlist? Anyone have any idea when they will decide who goes on the waitlist?
So last year, on the very last interview decision day, your options switched from “accepted, rejected, continued consideration” to “accepted, rejected, waitlist.” I don’t know when the last interview day is for this cycle but if it’s the same structure as last year, that is what I would expect.

I interviewed here on Monday and from what I understand they’ll create the waitlist after they finish interviews and there are two more scheduled interview days left of the cycle.

hey y'all!! Just wanted to let you know that if you've gotten the A, there's two different FB groups we have right now. Just search TCU & UNTHSC and they'll come up. The school hasn't broadcasted them so I just wanted to keep you all in the loop:)

Can't believe it, but I just got the call for a II!! OOS, completed on 9/11

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I have this gut feeling that people won't be pulled off CC until after the AAMC traffic rules deadline for drop-to-one-acceptance-or-lose-scholarships (4/30 I believe). I don't know much about the TMDSAS match process, but hopefully some spots will open up!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow :)

I have this gut feeling that people won't be pulled off CC until after the AAMC traffic rules deadline for drop-to-one-acceptance-or-lose-scholarships (4/30 I believe). I don't know much about the TMDSAS match process, but hopefully some spots will open up!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow :)
I suspected the same. There’s probably a handful of folks with a TMDSAS offer and a TCU offer who are probably going to lean toward the former soon. Also could be some desirable applicants on CC who haven’t been admitted yet because there may be too many people from the same background/demographic holding onto a spot at the moment.

Continued consideration x9 lmaooooo

@caterwaiter you wanted to start a band right? I got dibs on air guitar!

Continued consideration x1. I have mixed emotions but definitely still happy to be considered!

Has anyone gotten accepted here in the last few meetings? Thread looks dead lol

Continued consideration x ... 5? I think?

As always, grateful to still be in the running.

YES. I've got drums.

Haven't seen anyone with an A off CC in awhile....again, I feel like it won't happen until late April (sadly) (sigh).
I’m guessing there probably aren’t enough vacancies due to people still deciding between two or more As lmao

CC x 2 and interviewed here last year! I’ve remained hope as this is my #1 choice!!!

Got my 3rd continued consideration yesterday! Happy to still be in the running!!

Has anyone had a chance to look at the academic calendar for TCU? I was comparing it to other schools and I noticed that TCU's semester starts a few weeks earlier and that summer/winter breaks are shorter. Was wondering if this varies greatly from school to school or if TCU just wants more time to prepare students for Step 1/2 and clinical rotations.

Has anyone had a chance to look at the academic calendar for TCU? I was comparing it to other schools and I noticed that TCU's semester starts a few weeks earlier and that summer/winter breaks are shorter. Was wondering if this varies greatly from school to school or if TCU just wants more time to prepare students for Step 1/2 and clinical rotations.

It does vary a bit per school but mainly it’s because we only have 1 year of “book work” while more traditional curriculums have 2.

So I know they don't want general updates, how do they feel about letters of intent?

So I know they don't want general updates, how do they feel about letters of intent?
I'm fairly sure they don't accept anything at all, unfortunately. I would love to send one too!

I'm fairly sure they don't accept anything at all, unfortunately. I would love to send one too!
Which is unfortunate due to the heavy amount of updates I've accrued in the last 6 months lol

Which is unfortunate due to the heavy amount of updates I've accrued in the last 6 months lol
Same! I've gotten a new job and did some volunteer stuff for the election. Also I'm just desperate to go here and I want them to know how much I like them lmao

same my dude, kind of losing hope in Texas after the bust that was TMDSAS haha