You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 TCU & UNTHSC
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Also @SOM Admissions when do y'all expect to begin releasing interview invites? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I havent received my secondary yet.........
I’m OOS
I’m OOS
We will host interviews late September-March and offer rolling admission. If you have any further questions about our timeline, please contact us directly at [email protected]
Thank you!
Thank you!
Wow, I went from grumbling about this secondary to kind of loving it! I mean, I rambled like a tumbleweed for three minutes, but it was fun and so refreshing.
anyone know how interviews are going to work?? switch to traditional? online mmi?
It will be an online MMI. When applicants receive interview invites it’ll be explained to them in more detail.
I have a question about the pre-reqs listed. I have not taken a dedicated course for genetics or physio. Do we need these to be accepted? Can we complete these courses if we have been offered an acceptance?
I took a Bio I class that covered genetics and human anatomy that had an introduction to physio, can we count these?
Regarding when you need prerequisites to be completed, here's what they say from their FAQ:
"Applicants can apply prior to having all courses completed; however, any outstanding courses must be completed and graded prior to the start of medical school. The final official transcript with graded coursework must be received no later than June 1 prior the start of medical school in July."
Now for your particular two courses, I don't know for sure, but I think they probably want a dedicated genetics course and a dedicated physiology course. I know their website says they'll accept a two-part combined anatomy and physiology course (I'm assuming both semesters). I recommend emailing them directly about this since that's the best way to confirm if the school will accept your courses or not.
Thanks for your response 🙂 After looking at the syllabus I don't think these courses would count. Is it worth applying if we do not have these two classes? Since I have already graduated I am trying to think through the best way to navigate this
Is there a way you can take a genetics course and physiology course at a local university before June 1st, 2021? As long as you finish it before then TCU should accept them. It wouldn't be a full-on postbacc but just a couple postbacc courses for you.
Yes I can probably do that with the local school or my undergrad extension program. Do we have to indicate these plans on this app now? or can we leave it blank until we see if they want to interview us?
On the secondary application, you do have to indicate which of your courses meet each of their prerequisites. If you're missing a course, you need to select the option for future prerequisite and list the details there.
Check out the website! This year averages were 509 MCAT and 3.7 GPA. 4300 applications and 60 seats.@SOM Admissions do you have info on this years class statistics? Things like # of interviews/acceptances
@SOM Admissions do you have info on this years class statistics? Things like # of interviews/acceptances
Application submissions at the Fort Worth M.D. school have almost tripled in less than two years | Burnett School of Medicine at TCU | Fort Worth, Texas
FORT WORTH, Texas (July 21, 2020) – The 60 students who officially became the Class of 2024 recently at the TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine competed with more than 4,300 candidates to win those prized spots. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, applications for the third class already are exceeding...
mdschool.tcu.edu
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So what's the point of the Jefferson Scale of Physician Empathy? Do we want to demonstrate that we are empathetic and thus choose the most extreme empathetic options? Or should we kind of balance our answers (i.e. empathy is important, but it is not the most important aspect of treatment)? I have no idea how to go about the test.
So what's the point of the Jefferson Scale of Physician Empathy? Do we want to demonstrate that we are empathetic and thus choose the most extreme empathetic options? Or should we kind of balance our answers (i.e. empathy is important, but it is not the most important aspect of treatment)? I have no idea how to go about the test.
I don’t think it’s something that you should answer based on what they want to hear. It’s more trying to gauge some more non academic aspects of your personality and how they fit with a career in medicine. You should answer them truthfully
veggiepremed
Full Member
Hello folks, question about pre-reqs. I have not taken a formal class in genetics, but covered many genetics topics in my cell bio course. Has anybody had any luck substituting any course for the genetics pre-req? Interested in the school and hoping I can meet the requirements :/
A regular genetics class and a regular physiology class are firm requirements from what I have seen from TCU/UNTHSC.Hello folks, question about pre-reqs. I have not taken a formal class in genetics, but covered many genetics topics in my cell bio course. Has anybody had any luck substituting any course for the genetics pre-req? Interested in the school and hoping I can meet the requirements :/
Please email our office directly at [email protected] for prerequisite questions. Thank you!Hello folks, question about pre-reqs. I have not taken a formal class in genetics, but covered many genetics topics in my cell bio course. Has anybody had any luck substituting any course for the genetics pre-req? Interested in the school and hoping I can meet the requirements :/
D
deleted1049464
they didn't accept any of my bios course that I sent to them for the genetics requirement 🙁 so I think you need to let them know by a certain deadline what you are planning to do in order to fulfill the coursework - I'll probably have to take an additional class in my grad school or a community college class!Hello folks, question about pre-reqs. I have not taken a formal class in genetics, but covered many genetics topics in my cell bio course. Has anybody had any luck substituting any course for the genetics pre-req? Interested in the school and hoping I can meet the requirements :/
Anybody take physiology online? I need to take a phys class to fulfill the requirement and hoping to find one online, preferably at a lower-cost community college. Problem is most are split into A&P 1 & 2.
My community college is offering their 3 quarter A&P series online, but I don't know of any CC's doing just Physio.Anybody take physiology online? I need to take a phys class to fulfill the requirement and hoping to find one online, preferably at a lower-cost community college. Problem is most are split into A&P 1 & 2.
Anybody take physiology online? I need to take a phys class to fulfill the requirement and hoping to find one online, preferably at a lower-cost community college. Problem is most are split into A&P 1 & 2.
My former CC offers Physio by itself but it has anatomy (and chem) as a prerequisite. I took it online midway thru when the pandemic hit. If ur interested, I can PM you info
II. my first so pretty dang excited!
II. my first so pretty dang excited!
Awesome!! Stats?
MissDoctaDocta
Full Member
Complete date?
ahopefulmed
Full Member
Congrats!! Can you share info about your stats? Thank youII today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Completed 7/24. Feel free and DM for stats. Mine are a bit strange.
InfectiousDiseasesH&TM
Full Member
II this morning
the only available interview slot was on 09/28 -- see you all there!
complete = 07/28
the only available interview slot was on 09/28 -- see you all there!
complete = 07/28
Just got a pre-req question from admissions, don't know what this means, but hopefully, it's positive? Complete 7/30
I just received a pre-req question as well inquiring about my plan to fulfill the physiology requirement. At the very least it means they have gotten to our apps so I am taking it as a positive.Just got a pre-req question from admissions, don't know what this means, but hopefully, it's positive? Complete 7/30
Asp1retoInsp1re
Full Member
Did y'all receive these pre or post secondary?I just received a pre-req question as well inquiring about my plan to fulfill the physiology requirement. At the very least it means they have gotten to our apps so I am taking it as a positive.
post-secondaryDid y'all receive these pre or post secondary?
+1I just received a pre-req question as well inquiring about my plan to fulfill the physiology requirement. At the very least it means they have gotten to our apps so I am taking it as a positive.
Complete August 18th, haven't heard anything yetAny II sent out to people that completed application early August?
II just now! Complete 7/31 OOS
II, my first one!! SO pumped! Complete 8/5 OOS
II just now! Complete 7/31 OOS
Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?
II this morning! Complete 08/02 OOS
Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?
II, my first one!! SO pumped! Complete 8/5 OOS
Congrats!! Mind sharing your stats
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sure, ORM LM 69, WARS 74Congrats!! Mind sharing your stats
Just got the secondary. Really excited to apply here, and hoping that having a late MCAT doesn't hurt me too much. Best of luck to all of you!
glitterdemon
Full Member
II just now!!! nervous for the MMI set up but really excited!!!!
complete date?II just now!!! nervous for the MMI set up but really excited!!!!
glitterdemon
Full Member
complete date?
complete 8/9