You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Temple
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I sent my thank you notes to admissions and they forwarded them to my interviewers!Does anyone know if they have a policy on interview thank you notes?
doingmybest10
Full Member
thanks!I sent my thank you notes to admissions and they forwarded them to my interviewers!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1057987
Submitted end of July and nothing. I’m sad bc this school is a dreamAnyone else submit mid-late August and not hear back yet?
Mid August submission, still radio silence.
same same very bummed
They don’t do pre-II Rs, do they?same same very bummed
They don’t do pre-II Rs, do they?
they dont?
I am not sure, but I don't think so? ? ? ? lolthey dont?
I am not sure, but I don't think so? ? ? ? lol
so they'll just leave us in LIMBO if no II??? LOL can this cycle get any more stressful
Yeah I think they send denials in Feb. I could be wrongso they'll just leave us in LIMBO if no II??? LOL can this cycle get any more stressful
EntropyisKey
Full Member
II earlier today! LM=73, OOS, secondary complete mid Sep., MD/PhD
hotcheetos2115
Full Member
II on Friday! For some reason got lost in my spam folder. IS complete 9/11
has anyone been able to get ahold of the admissions office by phone?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they accept pre-II application updates?
D
deleted928067
i am wondering the same thing too.Do they accept pre-II application updates?
i was complete end of july and complete silence
D
deleted1009115
i am wondering the same thing too.
i was complete end of july and complete silence
Yes, they accept updates. You can upload them under "Supplemental Items" in the portal.
D
deleted928067
what is temple's biggest value? community?Yes, they accept updates. You can upload them under "Supplemental Items" in the portal.
Yes, they accept updates. You can upload them under "Supplemental Items" in the portal.
Thank you!!
applicant20
Full Member
II this morning! IS/514/3.97 complete 8/23 but sent an update last Monday and got an II one week later 🙂 waiting to schedule at 10 am
Congrats on the II! Did you email them your update in addition to uploading to the portal? I uploaded an update to the portal a few weeks ago but nothing yet..
nburkert
Full Member
Thanks!! I uploaded to the portal!Congrats on the II! Did you email them your update in addition to uploading to the portal? I uploaded an update to the portal a few weeks ago but nothing yet..
II this morning! IS/514/3.97 complete 8/23 but sent an update last Monday and got an II one week later 🙂 waiting to schedule at 10 am
edit: scheduled for 12/2/2020 but had one date (tomorrow) in November and every T/W/TH date of december available
congrats!! and thanks for letting us know! just wondering, did you keep your update letter short & to the point or kind of write it like an LOI?
nburkert
Full Member
It was kind of a LOI i think (don’t know exactly how to classify it but it was pretty long (1 pg)). I have strong connections to the school and community so I updated them on my activities but also wrote about my interest in the school and continuing to serve this community.congrats!! and thanks for letting us know! just wondering, did you keep your update letter short & to the point or kind of write it like an LOI?
nburkert
Full Member
Lol I just checked and mine was 2:03 am I didn’t notice that before that’s funnyAlso got an II here today (at 2AM apparently lol)! One of my top choices, so super excited. I was complete late August, IS, LM ~76.
same silence sighSubmitted end of July and nothing. I’m sad bc this school is a dream
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1063459
Anyone think it is worthwhile to submit a secondary here over next coming days?
Anyone think it is worthwhile to submit a secondary here over next coming days?
To be frank, in my opinion, I do think it is pretty late to be submitting secondaries at this point in the cycle based on what I've seen/heard. Regardless of any delays caused by COVID, submitting in the next few days will very likely put you at a disadvantage (vs. if you had applied earlier in the cycle). However, I don't think it means that your application would be DOA. If you have a strong application/stellar stats and/or an X factor, the timing might not have as much of an impact. If you really love this school and you can afford it, might as well shoot your shot because you never know! You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Best of luck!!
D
deleted1063459
thank you! 🙂To be frank, in my opinion, I do think it is pretty late to be submitting secondaries at this point in the cycle based on what I've seen/heard. Regardless of any delays caused by COVID, submitting in the next few days will very likely put you at a disadvantage (vs. if you had applied earlier in the cycle). However, I don't think it means that your application would be DOA. If you have a strong application/stellar stats and/or an X factor, the timing might not have as much of an impact. If you really love this school and you can afford it, might as well shoot your shot because you never know! You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Best of luck!!
Is there a way to check the status of our application? Submitted late September and have not heard anything yet
I applied last year!Is there a way to check the status of our application? Submitted late September and have not heard anything yet
As far as I know, no. You could check your portal to see if you're missing anything, but I did receive a confirmation email that my application was complete (around mid-September). I didn't hear back from Temple until they sent the II in February.
It's a long wait unfortunately. I do hope that you'll hear back soon!
Okay, thank you! I hate being left in the dark like this but oh well, nothing I can do to change it :/I applied last year!
As far as I know, no. You could check your portal to see if you're missing anything, but I did receive a confirmation email that my application was complete (around mid-September). I didn't hear back from Temple until they sent the II in February.
It's a long wait unfortunately. I do hope that you'll hear back soon!
I hope I hear back from them as well 🙂
I just got an interview here! So believe in ur self bc clearly I didn’t lolololI'm an urm with a 505 mcat which is below the 10% on msar. Should I even submit my secondary. Everything else in my app is pretty adv.
I just got an interview here! So believe in ur self bc clearly I didn’t lololol
Massive congrats! This just goes to show that high numbers/stats aren't what make future doctors. Good luck on that interview and go get that A!
Thank you! 🙂Massive congrats! This just goes to show that high numbers/stats aren't what make future doctors. Good luck on that interview and go get that A!
any thoughts on what it means to have not heard back at all since august secondary submission?
mipanzuzuzu
Full Member
II this morning!
caudaequinaxx
Full Member
II!
Zulka
Full Member
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your complete dates? Thanks!II this morning!
caudaequinaxx
Full Member
complete 8/23Congrats! Do you mind sharing your complete dates? Thanks!
mipanzuzuzu
Full Member
Complete on 7/21
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 but no II so this gives me hopeComplete on 7/21
D
deleted1057987
Congrats!! How far out are they scheduling interviews so far??II this morning!
nvm, i just called them and they were able to pick up. but wow, the earliest interview slot i could get was feb. 2....i got an interview invite here last week and i tried calling them on friday to schedule my interview but they didnt pick up so i left a voicemail and they still havent called me back. does anyone know how long it usually takes them to respond back?
D
deleted1058452
Wow that’s crazy, they’re booked out very far thennvm, i just called them and they were able to pick up. but wow, the earliest interview slot i could get was feb. 2....