2020-2021 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Continuing candidates list, interviewed 9/17.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Historically, has waitlist movement happened before April? This has honestly been such a bummer and waiting that long is going to be tough. :/

Members don't see this ad :)
continuing candidate list as well, interviewed 11/17
this email is so misleading 😂

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
“We are pleased to inform you.. that you are on the continuing candidates list. Congratulations on your placement!”

LOL I’ve never seen such a congratulatory email for a waitlist. When I read the first few words I was sure it was an acceptance. Anyway I interviewed mid October, OOS.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
“We are pleased to inform you.. that you are on the continuing candidates list. Congratulations on your placement!”

LOL I’ve never seen such a congratulatory email for a waitlist. When I read the first few words I was sure it was an acceptance. Anyway I interviewed mid October, OOS.
Jefferson sent me the same one! Weirdly worded and misleading lol.

• Haha
Hey can someone explain what my acceptance being "Temple and affiliates" means? Like can I choose a campus? It doesn't directly say in mine how am I suppose to know?

WL :'( interviewed 9/30, really bummed as an IS, LM 79, thought my interview went really well

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
A!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!

edit: interviewed 10/15

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Hey can someone explain what my acceptance being "Temple and affiliates" means? Like can I choose a campus? It doesn't directly say in mine how am I suppose to know?
That means you applied and were admitted to the Philly campus. EDIT: You may be able to change it if you preferred St. Luke's in Bethlehem but there was an option before submitting the secondary which asked about this. "
  • Students who wish to remain in the Philadelphia region for the majority of their clinical training in the third and fourth years should select Temple University Health System and affiliates."

Accepted to their MD-PhD program!! Very exciting news to recieve this morning. For anyone who is concerned, I have heard that there's a lot of waitlist movement towards April so keep your chin up; they interviewed you for a reason :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know how good the WL movement is at temple?

That means you applied and were admitted to the Philly campus. EDIT: You may be able to change it if you preferred St. Luke's in Bethlehem but there was an option before submitting the secondary which asked about this. "
  • Students who wish to remain in the Philadelphia region for the majority of their clinical training in the third and fourth years should select Temple University Health System and affiliates."
Oh okay, thankyou I just thought in the acceptance message it was explicitly referring to Philly guess I'm a little slow haha. Thank you.

Got waitlisted at all my top choices: GW, Temple, Loyola.. I have a feeling its just my MCAT score. I have a ton of extracurriculars, good LOR, and a 4.0 GPA but a 504 MCAT score. Dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and I was the only person working at the time. I have not been able to take a moment to even think about retaking it, working full time in an NIH lab... a bit disappointed since I feel like I put my heart and soul into this application but one day really messed up my chances :(

• Care
Reactions: 18 users
Oh okay, thankyou I just thought in the acceptance message it was explicitly referring to Philly guess I'm a little slow haha. Thank you.
Not too slow to get that A 😉 lol congrats

• Haha
Got waitlisted at all my top choices: GW, Temple, Loyola.. I have a feeling its just my MCAT score. I have a ton of extracurriculars, good LOR, and a 4.0 GPA but a 504 MCAT score. Dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and I was the only person working at the time. I have not been able to take a moment to even think about retaking it, working full time in an NIH lab... a bit disappointed since I feel like I put my heart and soul into this application but one day really messed up my chances :(
i hope one of them shows you some love 🙏

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Fingers crossed for those waiting to hear back

I'm currently an M1. If you have any questions, especially about the new curriculum (almost done with block 3), feel free to let me know. Open to DMs as well!

Accepted today as well for the Philly campus, Interviewed 10/15!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Received the acceptance email earlier today for the Philly campus!! Been freaking out! Interviewed 9/24. Extremely humbled and grateful to have received this acceptance and can't believe I am going to be a doctor!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
Thoughts on not hearing back since completed secondary early sept?

Reactions: 6 users
For those on the Continuing Candidates list, does it say anything on the TUPortal? Is the TUPortal useful at all after the interview?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but for those of you who interviewed, when did you get your Zoom links? Mine is in 6 days. Thanks in advance! :)

any tips for the interview?
Take the written prompt seriously. Approach it genuinely and with candor!

Be yourself during the interview! The first will be just a general conversation with a professor, doctor, adcom member, etc. The second will be with the person who will present you to the admissions committee. I used the first conversation as a warm-up for the "real" interview.

I always try to emphasize this during my interviews: what do you have to offer Temple? I try to highlight how I -- through my lived experience, academic background, and world travels -- could benefit my classmates. Temple seemed most receptive, especially my first interviewer, to that message.

Reactions: 1 users
Just curious, for those on the WL, how was your VITA?

Additionally, does anyone know how VITA is factored into the selection process at Temple? I know some schools have graders to grade two VITA questions, but not sure if Temple is doing something similar.

Application was complete in late August, but haven't heard a word from Temple after my secondary was submitted...any advice on whether to contact the Admissions office?

Reactions: 8 users
Hey hey! I'm also an NIH postbacc, nice to see a "neighbor" in the thread. Don't give up hope--I know the application process can be incredibly disheartening. I commend your resilience when faced with your father's illness, and you clearly have drive and intelligence to achieve a 4.0 gpa while also balancing many extracurriculars. You will become a doctor, and a great one at that. Cherish the present and your time at NIH, continue to work hard for your goals, and give yourself the same empathy that you give those you love. You got this.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
Anyone with an A here thinking of withdrawing soon or already has withdrawn? Just curious if there will be any WL movement in the upcoming weeks, or if I should just wait till May 2021.

Hey hey! I'm also an NIH postbacc, nice to see a "neighbor" in the thread. Don't give up hope--I know the application process can be incredibly disheartening. I commend your resilience when faced with your father's illness, and you clearly have drive and intelligence to achieve a 4.0 gpa while also balancing many extracurriculars. You will become a doctor, and a great one at that. Cherish the present and your time at NIH, continue to work hard for your goals, and give yourself the same empathy that you give those you love. You got this.
NIH postbacs uniteee

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Are they still interviewing? I sent in an update last week :(

Any current students here participating in the MA in Urban Bioethics program? I would love to connect and learn more about your experiences! :)

II email to St. Lukes at 2 in the morning. Couldn't reach the number to schedule my date (perhaps the snowstorm on the east coast), anyone knows if I can email?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Do they give a large amount of R's post II? Or is it mostly WL/A? I interviewed yesterday and am curious about what I should be expecting lol.

This has probably been asked a million times so I apologize in advance, but what is LKSOM's policy on 'thank you' letters? Do they accept them, and if so, do we upload to the portal? (EDIT: I forgot to ask and don't remember if they mentioned it during the info sessions... I was v nervous lol)

This has probably been asked a million times so I apologize in advance, but what is LKSOM's policy on 'thank you' letters? Do they accept them, and if so, do we upload to the portal? (EDIT: I forgot to ask and don't remember if they mentioned it during the info sessions... I was v nervous lol)
Hey, I just emailed them directly to my interviewers. They provided me with their emails.

Hey, I just emailed them directly to my interviewers. They provided me with their emails.
Oh noooo I forgot to ask for their emails :'( Aw man... I know it's not the end of the world but I had a pretty good connection with one of my interviewers, so I'm p bummed I forgot to prompt for an email...

Does anyone know if the admissions office will forward thank you letters to the interviewers if you upload them to the portal?? Big sigh