You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Temple
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My cousin interviewed with them in early March 2016, and ended up going there. And I don't think he found out about the interview until the new year (but I don't remember for sure). So I would say not all hope is lost yet!soooo not looking very promising for people who haven't gotten an II yet then?
I already completed VITA for another school, and now that I have received an II for LKSOM, I see both schools listed in the "AAMC VITA Status Update" email... Am I all set? I received a confirmation email after completing VITA for the other school a month or so ago -- should I be receiving such a confirmation each time an additional school requires it, or can I assume LKSOM has/will receive my VITA without me having to take any further action? I apologize for being a bit neurotic lol, and TYSM in advance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medelsh
Full Member
I think you only get a confirmation email after completing VITA for the first invitation so it sounds like you're all setI already completed VITA for another school, and now that I have received an II for LKSOM, I see both schools listed in the "AAMC VITA Status Update" email... Am I all set? I received a confirmation email after completing VITA for the other school a month or so ago -- should I be receiving such a confirmation each time an additional school requires it, or can I assume LKSOM has/will receive my VITA without me having to take any further action? I apologize for being a bit neurotic lol, and TYSM in advance!
I saw on Temple Med's website that applicants have to option to provide SAT/ACT scores and upload the scores via the supplemental application.
Can this be used in place of the MCAT scores?
Can this be used in place of the MCAT scores?
stillholdinghope
Full Member
No, these are optional but the MCAT is not when completing the application!I saw on Temple Med's website that applicants have to option to provide SAT/ACT scores and upload the scores via the supplemental application.
Can this be used in place of the MCAT scores?
What's the purpose of including the scores then? Will they also use it if the MCAT score is lower?
i think they are just collecting data about sat/act correlation to med school outcomesWhat's the purpose of including the scores then? Will they also use it if the MCAT score is lower?
II 11/24! Complete 8/13, OOS, URM, 511 MCAT, 3.6 cGPA. Just got the VITA invite now, and I assume it's for LKSOM.
doingmybest10
Full Member
I would check ur portal to see if you missed the email!Happy Thanksgiving! I received an email from HireVue that Temple has requested me to complete the VITA (I haven't completed it yet for this cycle), but I haven't received an interview invite email, is that common/should I expect an II invite soon? I recognize there might be a lag because of the holiday
Has anyone sent a pre-interview update? Just wondering if temple is receptive to those
I sent one but haven't received any communication from them yetHas anyone sent a pre-interview update? Just wondering if temple is receptive to those
II received at midnight lol. OOS no ties, complete mid August, LM ~70.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II received tonight. OOS, no ties, complete mid July, LM 71. So excited I love this school!!
II this morning. OOS, complete early September!
I was completed 8/9 but not II, I am assuming soft rejection now.
I don't think they're necessarily going through the pile by complete date alone. Seems more like OOS vs. IS and stats (and complete date within these piles probably). I was complete late September and still holding out hope for an II.I was completed 8/9 but not II, I am assuming soft rejection now.
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
Congrats! Giving this fellow MId-July submitter some hope, optimism is dangling by a threadII received tonight. OOS, no ties, complete mid July, LM 71. So excited I love this school!!
thank you!!This is mostly me speculating, but I think next week?
Last year, MD/PhD and St. Luke's MD only acceptances were released on Tuesday, 12/10, and Philadelphia MD only acceptances were released on Thursday, 12/12. I think that we will hear back sometime in the second week of December, possibly 12/8 and 12/10 if they are consistent. These dates also line up with exam week at TU, just as they did last year.
Two years ago, all accepted applicants were notified in the portal on 12/5 and WL candidates were notified by snail mail around 12/13.
spicytaco22
Full Member
Congrats on the interview and wishing you lots of luck! I am interviewing next week with the St. Lukes campus and they told me we would should expect to receive the links the week prior. Not sure if the same goes for the main Philly campus though. I hope it is sorted out now though!Did anyone who's interviewing tomorrow not receive the links yet? One of their emails says that we should receive them today
godsgirly4320
Full Member
does anyone know how vita is used for temple?
It was 12/12 last year. I'm a current M1.Does anyone remember what date in December they would release decisions? Was it early, mid, or late December?
godsgirly4320
Full Member
you have to activate your account from the email they sent, then go to "TUportal", then there's a place to schedule the interview in the center of the screen! once you click, a calendar icons shows up that shows all the open datesII on November 19, 73 LM score. Interview in late January.
For anyone else who got a II, when you go on the portal does it not give you any options for scheduling the interview?
godsgirly4320
Full Member
for the photo we upload, it is ok to upload a professional headshot, how do we know if it's "passport-sized"?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1057987
is temple receptive to updates?
So earlier in the cycle I just looked up "photo size converter" or something like that and a couple of websites popped up that allow you to upload your photo and it will shrink them to the passport size. Only takes a couple of minutes.for the photo we upload, it is ok to upload a professional headshot, how do we know if it's "passport-sized"?
Any acceptances yet?
Do you guys think I should email about the passport-sized photo? I accidentally uploaded a headshot that's cropped as a square but is bigger than standard passport dimensions... kinda by a lot lol. I was hoping I could just reupload a resized version on the portal but it doesn't look like I can... At the same time, I'm not sure this is something worth emailing admissions about, especially since I uploaded the image a 2-3 weeks ago when I first received the II...
medelsh
Full Member
I think you'll be fine! You uploaded a square headshot, even if it is big I really don't see this as a cause for concern or a make or break point in your admission decisionDo you guys think I should email about the passport-sized photo? I accidentally uploaded a headshot that's cropped as a square but is bigger than standard passport dimensions... kinda by a lot lol. I was hoping I could just reupload a resized version on the portal but it doesn't look like I can... At the same time, I'm not sure this is something worth emailing admissions about, especially since I uploaded the image a 2-3 weeks ago when I first received the II...
Don't worry about it. A picture is a picture, if they had a problem with it they would have probably emailed you by nowDo you guys think I should email about the passport-sized photo? I accidentally uploaded a headshot that's cropped as a square but is bigger than standard passport dimensions... kinda by a lot lol. I was hoping I could just reupload a resized version on the portal but it doesn't look like I can... At the same time, I'm not sure this is something worth emailing admissions about, especially since I uploaded the image a 2-3 weeks ago when I first received the II...
hopefulfuturedoc10
Full Member
anyone else anxiously waiting for possible admissions decisions this coming week... I don't know how to distract myself I'm just so nervous
Hoping this is the week! Do you know if they call?anyone else anxiously waiting for possible admissions decisions this coming week... I don't know how to distract myself I'm just so nervous
hopefulfuturedoc10
Full Member
I looked on last years thread and apparently people got emails throughout the weekHoping this is the week! Do you know if they call?
so nervous! hope we hear good news this week 😬anyone else anxiously waiting for possible admissions decisions this coming week... I don't know how to distract myself I'm just so nervous
literally me right now hahah been trying not to think about it while prepping for another II lolanyone else anxiously waiting for possible admissions decisions this coming week... I don't know how to distract myself I'm just so nervous
hopefulfuturedoc10
Full Member
Didn't get an email, but checked my TU portal and got an A to St. Luke's!!! - interviewed mid Oct so stoked!!
Last edited:
InfectiousDiseasesH&TM
Full Member
Accepted! Super pumped. 1st one
Interviewed on Sept 22nd
Interviewed on Sept 22nd
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
eltoroloco
Full Member
Hell yesssss!!! Just got the A!!! Interviewed 10/27!! edit: Temple and affiliates and they're one of my top choices 😍
Last edited:
hopefulfuturedoc10
Full Member
Thank you! I just got the email as well, but on the TU portal under status it says admittedcongrats to those accepted!! where do you guys see the decision?
treesarefrends
Full Member
Accepted via email. Interview Oct. 13! Congrats to all!
456432
Full Member
Is this the same thing as a waitlist?Just got an email, placed on the continuing candidates list! Interviewed early September for MD only, Philly campus.
+1 for continuing candidates list, interviewed september. very weirdly worded email tbh lol