2020-2021 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who interviewed recently in December, did the admissions staff mention when we should expect to hear back regarding decisions? I think I missed this info.

Kathy said any time between January and July lol. She said definitely don’t expect anything until 2021 due to the holidays. Not sure if that only applies to our interview day. She said they would release decisions on Weds and Thursdays tho

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi! Sorry if this was mentioned previously and I missed it. For those who had an interview, were they the traditional interview format? I know that DGSOM previously had MMIs but I see on my interview packet that we only have 2 - so I assume they changed it for this year. Just wanted to see if anyone knew. Also, I got an II in October but the first available interview date was January :cryi: the anticipation is killing me.. it's my top choice school :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Sorry if this was mentioned previously and I missed it. For those who had an interview, were they the traditional interview format? I know that DGSOM previously had MMIs but I see on my interview packet that we only have 2 - so I assume they changed it for this year. Just wanted to see if anyone knew. Also, I got an II in October but the first available interview date was January :cryi: the anticipation is killing me.. it's my top choice school :)
Yep! Just 2 traditional interviews. The VITA kinda counts for the MMI.

My two interviews were both 25 mins and very conversational - I believe they are just using VITA to replace MMI which will have equal weight as the interviews

Anyone feel like the bombed VITA? My actual interviews were great but feel like VITA will be the reason for a WL/R...

Anyone feel like the bombed VITA? My actual interviews were great but feel like VITA will be the reason for a WL/R...
100% feel this. All my VITA schools seem to not be going as well

Reactions: 1 users
Is there some sort of Facebook group/chat for recently admitted students? Would love to start connecting with my future classmates!
There will be a Facebook group created in the coming weeks!

I felt like I tanked the VITA, and my interviews were slightly above average at best, but I still got the A. n=1 but it’s definitely not the only thing they look at!

Members don't see this ad :)
I felt like I tanked the VITA, and my interviews were slightly above average at best, but I still got the A. n=1 but it’s definitely not the only thing they look at!

I didn’t feel too well about the VITA tbh. But I thought my interviews went well, and I got the A last week. n=2 lol there’s hope. I feel like VITA is so dry and the setup makes it very impersonal so I tend to believe it’s hard to think you’ve done well on the VITA

2020 - 2021 MD Cycle | International, Traditional Applicant |
1° : 25 , 2°: 25 , II: 8 , R:3 , A: 3

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
+1 To not feeling good about my VITA but still getting an A.

I will be wearing my pajamas inside out in hopes of getting an early present tomorrow before the holidays. I encourage you all to join me.

Reactions: 4 users
II Just now, OOS, Complete Mid August, scheduled for end of Jan!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
I wonder if this means that they are done with reviewing most applications since they are already in Jan for interviews

does ucla give post-II R? or do they hold until the spring to do that?

does ucla give post-II R? or do they hold until the spring to do that?
They typically give out the As first and then WLs and Rs (they do reject post-II) come later. But there are a lot of As left to give out, so don't lose hope just yet.

Did anyone with a more recent interview get info about when the wave of decisions may be coming out in the new year?

Have any MD-PhD SST Applicants interviewed yet? or received a post-II decision?

Hi! Does anyone know if UCLA values letters of interest or letters of intent post-interview?

Hi! Does anyone know if UCLA values letters of interest or letters of intent post-interview?
I think in general post interview letters are only actually helpful if WL. If you want, you can send it but it probably wont make a difference (unless it's a true LOI- meaning you use the words "I will 100% come here if accepted")

Any ideas on when Geffen scholarships will be announced?

Last year they released some As and WLs right before Christmas (strangely a lot of people got off the WL in Jan...). Since they have been doing bi-weekly As on Thursdays this year, it’s likely that there will be some moves tomorrow.

Just to ease my mind, there will be no decisions till the new year correct?
Interviewed on 11/20, I'm pretty sure one of the admissions staff said not to expect decisions until the new year. If you interviewed around then or later, I wouldn't hold your breath on hearing back until January.

Did anyone else get a VITA request from UCLA and no other email? I would assume they send an email before just adding me to VITA.

Any other As from today? One reported on SDN seems inconsistent with patterns from earlier dates this year.

Reactions: 5 users
Any other As from today? One reported on SDN seems inconsistent with patterns from earlier dates this year.
n = 1. their replying might not be representative. for every A reported on sdn, imagine the number of lurkers receiving As and as well as the people who couldn't give a hoot about sdn.

I too wish we could know sooner, but we'd best just wait it out and expect by march. then we might be pleasantly surprised to hear back earlier esp. if the email/call bears good news.

A earlier today as well (email followed by a call)!! Interviewed in early October.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users