2020-2021 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any 9/11 interviewees still waiting? I think all of us right?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I really want UCLA so bad. This has been so painful lol

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Scroll to the Jan/Feb posts in last year’s thread and feel the pain... Just forget about UCLA since it’s likely that most won’t hear anything until next year. If you do get an A this year, then it’s a pleasant surprise.

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTEDDDD!!! i am crying. both of my parents are sick with covid, and this news made them so happy :')

interviewed 10/2

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 21 users
Congrats to everyone that got accepted!! When did you guys interview ??

Interviewed 8/31! Don’t lose hope August people! They’re still coming :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
A! Interviewed 10/5 URM OOS! Absolutely cannot believe it!!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted today! I interviewed 9/11 and have no idea what to expect. I see almost no 9/11 folks have heard back and I assume not many As have been sent out but I’m not sure and it’s eating at me lol.

Hello! I was wondering if anyone knows if it helps with UCLA to send a letter of intent?

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 9/11, still haven't heard back. Kind of forgot about UCLA until this morning. I wish they didn't wait until the spring to send post-II Rs lol

Reactions: 1 user
congrats everyone! anyone have any ideas as to how many acceptances they have sent out vs how many acceptances they usually send out by the end of this cycle?

Last edited:
Still holding out on an II from UCLA over here. Hoping there's still some left!

congrats everyone! anyone have any ideas as to how many acceptances they have sent out vs how many acceptances they usually send out by the end of this cycle?

I hear UCLA has received like 25-30% more apps this year. Normally they finish interviewing by mid-december, but are extending to end of january this year due to number of apps. cycle might be pushed back a little bit in terms of As and such.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! A big celebration before the holidays :))))

For me, I'm in the mood of --->
When you have your interview in two days,,,O.O excited and nervous...!!!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! A big celebration before the holidays :))))

For me, I'm in the mood of --->
When you have your interview in two days,,,O.O excited and nervous...!!!
It seems like you had your interview rescheduled like mine. Good luck! It's gonna be just fine!

Has anybody from the October 5th interview heard back ? This waiting game is killing me :/

hey everyone, now that I got an A from Geffen which is my absolute dream, would it be dumb of me to cancel my remaining interviews? I have no interest in preparing or even pretending like I’m interested in going anywhere else but Geffen so I should be ok to just cancel right? Like it wouldn’t look bad/offensive to adcom?
Also is there anything wrong withdrawing my apps from schools I’m still waiting on hearing back from? I just don’t want to waste adcoms time at other schools to look at my application when I know I’m no longer interested. Unless it looks weird to withdraw over 13 applications?

hey everyone, now that I got an A from Geffen which is my absolute dream, would it be dumb of me to cancel my remaining interviews? I have no interest in preparing or even pretending like I’m interested in going anywhere else but Geffen so I should be ok to just cancel right? Like it wouldn’t look bad/offensive to adcom?
Also is there anything wrong withdrawing my apps from schools I’m still waiting on hearing back from? I just don’t want to waste adcoms time at other schools to look at my application when I know I’m no longer interested. Unless it looks weird to withdraw over 13 applications?
If you have no intention of going anywhere else, then it doesn't matter if it looks bad/offensive/weird to any other school. In reality, other schools would prefer that you withdraw from their process if you have no intention of actually going there. So, yes, it's the right thing to do if you truly plan to go to UCLA and do not want to consider any other options or offers from other schools. (Some people might suggest you stay in the process at some schools in case you get a second A and can compare financial aid offers, but it sounds like that's not something you're interested in.) Congratulations on your acceptance to UCLA!

For anyone who has interviewed or is interviewing here, when do we find out the actual times of our interviews (i.e. something more specific than 11 am - 2:20 pm PT).

Also, does UCLA provide the names of our interviewers in advance?

If you have no intention of going anywhere else, then it doesn't matter if it looks bad/offensive/weird to any other school. In reality, other schools would prefer that you withdraw from their process if you have no intention of actually going there. So, yes, it's the right thing to do if you truly plan to go to UCLA and do not want to consider any other options or offers from other schools. Congratulations on your acceptance to UCLA!
Thank you! I also do not want to continue taking interview spots from other hardworking and well deserving candidates! I’ll go ahead and cancel my remaining interviews and withdraw my apps via the secondary portals of other schools.

Reactions: 8 users
For anyone who has interviewed or is interviewing here, when do we find out the actual times of our interviews (i.e. something more specific than 11 am - 2:20 pm PT).

My exact times and name of interviewees were available the weekend before my interview day when I logged into the amp portal

Thank you! I also do not want to continue taking interview spots from other hardworking and well deserving candidates! I’ll go ahead and cancel my remaining interviews and withdraw my apps via the secondary portals of other schools.

Considering you dont have to travel to attend these interviews, and each interview may increase your chances of getting some sort of scholarship, I would go to them. Unless money is not a problem for you or some other reason, Geffen pays out big money to compete with other scholarship or aid offers so dont underestimate the worth of even a small amount of money from another school

edit: I did what you did last year due to financial constraints of traveling to interviews, and sometimes i wonder "what if" as I face 300k in loans.

Yeah, I agree! If UCLA is truly your dream school and you can't don't see yourself happy anywhere else, there's no need to bother with other schools. I have a couple of friends who were fortunate enough to receive acceptances to their top choices early in the cycle last year and just withdrew from the remaining schools. Congratulations on your acceptance! :)

Last edited:

If you go to the amp portal, you might need to sign a confidentiality attestation form. Once that is done, it should link you to your specific times/interviewers.

First of all, congrats on the A! I agree with everyone; if you cant imagine yourself at other places and money/scholarships isn't that much of a concern, I would withdraw and save yourself the hassle. It might be worthwhile to keep those you may be borderline with, just in case you really do end up liking the school more than you thought you would or they pull up with an amazing financial aid package.

Is there some sort of Facebook group/chat for recently admitted students? Would love to start connecting with my future classmates!

• Care
Is there some sort of Facebook group/chat for recently admitted students? Would love to start connecting with my future classmates!

I was wondering the same thing! I havent found any group but would love to join one :)

Just finished up interview day. Really impressed with how DGSOM handled everything + my interviewers. It would be such a privilege to get accepted here!

Reactions: 8 users
Interviewed 9/11, still haven't heard back. Kind of forgot about UCLA until this morning. I wish they didn't wait until the spring to send post-II Rs lol
I think there are still so many As to send out tho right?

Just finished up interview day. Really impressed with how DGSOM handled everything + my interviewers. It would be such a privilege to get accepted here!

Same! Really great vibes all around. My interviewer really knew my app super well which was so nice and eased my nerves. She was so so so kind as well. My other interview got postponed to tomorrow as did many other people’s. Although it’s not ideal since I have to zoom in from work tomorrow, I completely understand due to the recent COVID surge and the interviewers’ clinical duties. Despite that, I was very impressed with UCLA’s interview day.

For those who interviewed recently in December, did the admissions staff mention when we should expect to hear back regarding decisions? I think I missed this info.

For those who interviewed recently in December, did the admissions staff mention when we should expect to hear back regarding decisions? I think I missed this info.
I don't remember them mentioning it :(

I don't remember either. But it seems more schools are not doing rolling admission this year-- waiting until February or March to send out decisions.