2020-2021 University of Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yup! The morning presentation will explain exactly what you need to do in case you still have concerns
Awesome! Thank you so much :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
To those who were accepted, how do yall feel you did on your interviews?

Reactions: 1 users
anyone whose gotten an A thus far, how are your stats? Anyone low mcat/low gpa? Just gauging if they send out As in tthe early round dependent on stats

Reactions: 3 users
I felt good about them but not fantastic -- everyone was sooo nice but I was nervous cuz my three interviewers asked similar questions, so I felt like I was repeating myself a lot throughout the day. I was also more tired than usual LOL but it all worked out in the end!

Reactions: 2 users
I have my interview here coming up soon and am kind of nervous :arghh: Does anyone have some advice for the interview day? Thank you so much!

I have my interview here coming up soon and am kind of nervous :arghh: Does anyone have some advice for the interview day? Thank you so much!
very laid back interview imo, and it's clear folks thoroughly read the applications. I believe one of the deans said at least 12 people have reviewed your application so rest assured you were invited because they think you would be a good student. multiple deans made it clear that they only plan to accept students who fit the Pritzker mission of wanting to care for folks in the community, especially those from underserved and vulnerable populations. i'd make sure you emphasize that several times during your interview day, by explaining how you've already begun caring for these populations, as well as how you plan to in the future

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
very laid back interview imo, and it's clear folks thoroughly read the applications. I believe one of the deans said at least 12 people have reviewed your application so rest assured you were invited because they think you would be a good student. multiple deans made it clear that they only plan to accept students who fit the Pritzker mission of wanting to care for folks in the community, especially those from underserved and vulnerable populations. i'd make sure you emphasize that several times during your interview day, by explaining how you've already begun caring for these populations, as well as how you plan to in the future
Thank you so much for the great feedback!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering if anyone who has been to chicago/ attends uchicago could answer a couple of questions. How do students move around the city, do most students drive or is the public transport in chicago good? Do most students live in hyde park? Thanks in advance

Wondering if anyone who has been to chicago/ attends uchicago could answer a couple of questions. How do students move around the city, do most students drive or is the public transport in chicago good? Do most students live in hyde park? Thanks in advance
not a student, but folks asked these questions at interview day and it seems the overwhelming majority of students live in hyde park and utilize public transport if needed. some people have parking but it seems majority don't due to cost

Reactions: 1 user
As a UChicago undergrad, I can say that most undergrads live in Hyde Park. I think most medical students live in Hyde Park as well but I have met quite a few medical students who choose to live near the South Loop and northern neighborhoods like Chinatown and Bronzeville. Public transportation is great in Chicago and most UGs also get a pre-paid Ventra pass that gives them unlimited CTA usage (probably the same for medical students).
I think there is a fair bit of parking space in Hyde Park if you decide to bring your car here as well. They all told us during our first year that car parking is limited/expensive and all, but I have friends who have not really had that many issues with it. If you want to drive around more but worry about parking, there is also a Zipcar station near Lake Shore drive on the east end of the neighborhood and all UChicago students get a discount through the university.

It was my first interview, but was confident and relaxed that day thanks to the pre-interview social. I really enjoyed the interviews! It's clear that they actually read my application, and we ended up just chatting pretty candidly. After "reading the room" I felt like I could really show them my true self.

After the interview – like others do – I focused on every blunder I made during our convos.

Reactions: 4 users
When do they normally send out the pre-interview social link?

Edit: nevermind I found it

Last edited:
When do they normally send out the pre-interview social link?
I want to say a few days before. I think (if I'm remembering correctly) it should be in the email that has the zoom links for the morning presentation and multicultural affairs lunch. Also, I'm assuming the pre-interview social is the meet and greet with students the night before

do u guys think all decisions are rolling now that they randomly released As in January? or like once a month?

do u guys think all decisions are rolling now that they randomly released As in January? or like once a month?
They said most applicants would hear back end of Feb/ early March so my guess is that they'll have a couple days over that time when they'll release decisions but that's just a guess!

Anyone know which day of the week the admissions committee meets? Thanks!
It makes sense to me for them to meet the day before releasing decisions but it literally could be anyday. Based on this thread, it looks like they have committee meetings MTW; I could see them switching it up to ensure that all three interviewers can be at a meeting

Does this program provide students laptops or any other technology?

Edit: I know it ultimately comes from student tuition but just wondering haha

Does this program provide students laptops or any other technology?

Edit: I know it ultimately comes from student tuition but just wondering haha
I believe there is a way to weave it into your financial aid package. Here's a link: Student Budget

Do I need to tell the admissions office that I posted some post-II updates to my portal? Their FAQs just say to upload it but I don't want them to be missed

Do I need to tell the admissions office that I posted some post-II updates to my portal? Their FAQs just say to upload it but I don't want them to be missed
No, I think they automatically see it! I posted a pre-II update and was later given an II like a week or so later.

Are we supposed to receive an acceptance packet/package in the mail? My caller mentioned that but I haven't received anything yet to explain how to save my seat. I already did it through the portal because I saw it, but I haven't received anything in the mail yet for my acceptance.

Are we supposed to receive an acceptance packet/package in the mail? My caller mentioned that but I haven't received anything yet to explain how to save my seat. I already did it through the portal because I saw it, but I haven't received anything in the mail yet for my acceptance.
Yes! I got an aesthetically pleasing folder in the mail that was full of Pritzker info. It arrived 3-4 weeks after my call.

• Love
Imma need Feb to fly by... Feb 25/26 can't come quick enough!

what are the chances we hear back 2 weeks earlier than expected lol

Reactions: 6 users
Does anybody have insight into when financial aid packages & scholarships will begin and finish rolling out?

do we think that we'll hear post-II decisions next Friday (2/26)? I saw that last year it looks like most people heard back on Friday, 2/28/20. I'd give my first born to go here..

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
do we think that we'll hear post-II decisions next Friday (2/26)? I saw that last year it looks like most people heard back on Friday, 2/28/20. I'd give my first born to go here..
Based on previous threads, it seems that admissions decisions are released the last Thursday or Friday of February, so I assume they’d come out next Thursday (2/25) or Friday (2/26) too. I’d give my first born and all future kids to go here, lol 😭

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
If decisions do come out this week would there be another round in march? would scholarship offers be sent this week too or separately in march?

If decisions do come out this week would there be another round in march? would scholarship offers be sent this week too or separately in march?
My understanding is (based on previous threads and my own research) that the decisions wave that comes out this week (late February/early March) is the last one, and it typically includes scholarship decisions too, though these decisions also run into March too.

My understanding is (based on previous threads and my own research) that the decisions wave that comes out this week (late February/early March) is the last one, and it typically includes scholarship decisions too, though these decisions also run into March too.
thanks!

Scholarship decisions will be independent of admissions calls this year

Last edited:
Someone mentioned it earlier in this thread after receiving their decision
is that just for ppl who got in earlier tho? like feb people might get it with their decisions if they're gonna start giving out scholarships now that they made all their acceptance offers?