2020-2021 University of Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is that just for ppl who got in earlier tho? like feb people might get it with their decisions if they're gonna start giving out scholarships now that they made all their acceptance offers?
That’s is typically the case based on previous years

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
is that just for ppl who got in earlier tho? like feb people might get it with their decisions if they're gonna start giving out scholarships now that they made all their acceptance offers?
I don't think they would do scholarship offers for those who got in this week, while still not giving those who were accepted in the fall any scholarships or financial aid offers. My understanding was that once all acceptances have gone out this year, you fill out your Pritzker financial aid application and send your FASFA within 2 weeks of acceptance, and then all scholarship/financial aid offers will be done in early/mid-march after the class is filled.

Reactions: 3 users
I don't think they would do scholarship offers for those who got in this week, while still not giving those who were accepted in the fall any scholarships or financial aid offers. My understanding was that once all acceptances have gone out this year, you fill out your Pritzker financial aid application and send your FASFA within 2 weeks of acceptance, and then all scholarship/financial aid offers will be done in early/mid-march after the class is filled.
Last year no fafsa was necessary for the scholarships though?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year no fafsa was necessary for the scholarships though?
I don't mean that fafsa is necessary for scholarships, but considering fall acceptances have submitted all that information but still haven't heard any word, I doubt they would move ahead with awarding this week's acceptances scholarships without any communication to us. I believe it will happen in a batch together after the class is full! I also have a slight theory that they may want financial information this year to make some decisions if they have budget restraints due to covid, but there's nothing to back that up besides it being a thought I have lol

I got the call!!! Interviewed in October. URM, OOS I cannot believe this!!!! :soexcited:

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 26 users
Also Dr. Carter mentioned that scholarships/ aid would be coming by the end of March! Side note: she is so wonderful!!!

Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED!!!!! Got the call from the amazing Dr. Carter this morning!!! Interviewed at the end of January!! Ahhhhhh!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Ugh, I hope my phone is blessed with an acceptance call today, too! 😭 Has anyone who interviewed in February heard back yet? 😩

• Care
Not sure how Pritzker normally does it, but does this mean all acceptances will go out today? Do they call every person? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure how Pritzker normally does it, but does this mean all acceptances will go out today? Do they call every person? Thank you!
Last year, it seemed like they do 2 days but I think previous threads have shown both 1 or 2 days. Generally, it seems like acceptances are first learned about through call. I think some people may have just received an email in past years but that seems to be the exception (missed the number or the call may have never went through)

I think last year they spread the calls among two days with rejections/waitlists also being sent out on the second day via email

Hoping a call graces my phone today, but good luck everyone, stay positive!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
hello im freaking out??? hello???

damn im working rn and im literally shaking since I saw this thread randomly blow up LOL

Reactions: 6 users
Can someone who gets the A call ask by when they expect all acceptances to be out?

Reactions: 2 users
I think last year they spread the calls among two days with rejections/waitlists also being sent out on the second day via email
so if we don't get a call today, we're most likely rejected/WL?

• Care
is there a chance that this is one of those rolling acceptance waves? i.e. they accept a few applicants rolling, but most will hear back at the very end (which could be in the next 2 weeks)

Anyone have any insight as to whether or not MSTPs are included in this?
I'm MSTP and I received an acceptance on Monday, but I'm not sure if MSTP does it like MD-only where all results are given between 1-2 days or if MSTP likes to spread it out a bit more across the week. Doesn't look like many people have recorded acceptances here on the MSTP SDN acceptance page either

Ugh, I wonder how many people have gotten the acceptance call but just haven’t posted about it on here 😭

Ugh, I wonder how many people have gotten the acceptance call but just haven’t posted about it on here 😭
I think I saw somewhere that each sdn A = 5-7 general acceptances. Not sure about today but since someone mentioned that 15 people have revieved acceptances so far, I think it makes sense that about 100 or so As have gone out until today

I think I saw somewhere that each sdn A = 5-7 general acceptances. Not sure about today but since someone mentioned that 15 people have revieved acceptances so far, I think it makes sense that about 100 or so As have gone out until today
😭😭😭

Accepted students is there a facebook group yet so we can get an estimation of how many As went out today?

I’m thinking they are still rolling As and haven’t gotten to the decision date yet. The last A wave was last day of February/first day of March for the past two years. We are still a good few days from that.

I’m thinking they are still rolling As and haven’t gotten to the decision date yet. The last A wave was last day of February/first day of March for the past two years. We are still a week from that.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like many calls went out today. But maybe that's just wishful thinking haha

Accepted students is there a facebook group yet so we can get an estimation of how many As went out today?
I didn't even get an email/portal update of my acceptance yet so not to my knowledge... tbh though, without something concrete like an email or portal update I'm scared that my acceptance was just a dream LOL

• Haha
Yeah, it doesn't seem like many calls went out today. But maybe that's just wishful thinking haha
It says on the interview website: "All interviewed applicants will receive their post-interview decision by the first week of March, 2021." So we all should get decisions in the next few days, I think. Crossing my fingers that more calls go out tomorrow!

Reactions: 5 users
Got the A call today, just got off work to post here. Good luck to everyone still waiting, I'm rooting for you!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Nope, so far just an email and portal change (got the A in December) - but if anyone sees this before they get the call, please ask for us when they will make a facebook group or anything! I have been dying to get more information/meet people

Reactions: 3 users
Got the A earlier today as well! Pumped!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Call earlier today; interviewed in early december. So amped, good luck to people still waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just got off the A call!! Omg I’m shook! Dream come true!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users