Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a rural background and it's definitely been my experience that many of my former friends and classmates felt a similar contentment to what you're describing. I think you could write about that sort of thing, but just be careful not to come across as pretentious (e.g. I'm ambitious and they're lazy). UVM is one of my top choices too - good luck!Thanks for the reply. I figured I could make it work, although I'm not actually sure what I learned from white Vermonters. I've been trying to think of this, but nothing exactly comes to mind. I really want to finish this secondary too, since UVM is one of my top choices.
Another thought that randomly came to me is talking about my experience working "as a ski bum" which I did for a little while after college. I've always been a person who is "looking towards the next thing" which is good because it keeps me ambitious but often leads to me not fully appreciating the moment. While bumming it out a bit, I met a ton of people who were just truly content with their situation. Sure we might not have had prestigious jobs or anything, but we were in an awesome location, living a life that a lot of people dream about. I was often thinking towards the future, while they were just happy being in the mountains. I've been trying to adopt their viewpoint a little bit, while still working towards my goals of course. Not sure if that would work, but its a thought.