You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Vermont
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I took my CASPer last weekend and it is already marked as complete on my app. I wonder if it actually got graded that fast or something went wrong. I saw above that they dont give out complete emails so should I just assume the best?
If you go on the CASPer website it'll tell you if the results are pending - which means that it still needs to be graded. CASPer usually takes a while to be graded mine took 2 weeks to get graded and I took it July 30th. But Im assuming that vermont starts viewing your app if they're notified that youve at least registered for the casper (some schools do that)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
philip675645
Full Member
My LORs have been sent since like july but when I submitted my secondary just now it says they aren't received. Its weird because on the Vermont portal it says they received the letters a while ago, is this normal?
My LORs have been sent since like july but when I submitted my secondary just now it says they aren't received. Its weird because on the Vermont portal it says they received the letters a while ago, is this normal?
Yes, that's normal. On the status page I believe they state your LOR status should update in 48 hours. Mine didn't show as received either until a couple of days after I submitted, and I had submitted my LORs through AMCAS weeks before my secondary.
philip675645
Full Member
sweet, that makes sense. Thanks!!!!Yes, that's normal. On the status page I believe they state your LOR status should update in 48 hours. Mine didn't show as received either until a couple of days after I submitted, and I had submitted my LORs through AMCAS weeks before my secondary.
Heads up everyone, I am watching the pre-interview videos and the admissions folks said that there is no High Priority Waitlist this year (unlike last year). There is only one waitlist and that they predict more waitlist movement than before.
Heads up everyone, I am watching the pre-interview videos and the admissions folks said that there is no High Priority Waitlist this year (unlike last year). There is only one waitlist and that they predict more waitlist movement than before.
do we know when they let us know if we are put on the waitlist?
Just write what you need to say. Concise is better than ramblinghow bad would it be to only go 250 words for one of the prompts?
Quality over quantity.how bad would it be to only go 250 words for one of the prompts?
Does anyone with an II see the virtual tour available on their portal? In the e-mail they sent out regarding the interview they mentioned that we should see it available on that tab but it's still showing as "coming soon" for me
PotentialMed500
Full Member
Yeah still shows "coming soon" for meDoes anyone with an II see the virtual tour available on their portal? In the e-mail they sent out regarding the interview they mentioned that we should see it available on that tab but it's still showing as "coming soon" for me
Interview tomorrow ahhhhhhhhhh
Couple questions:
1) I know it's an mmi but is it completely closed file or are there a couple open file sections?
2) they just sent out an email saying that they've changed their interview attire to business casual. They said you can wear a suit if you want though. I would prefer to wear my suit but I don't want to look like an arse. Thoughts?
Couple questions:
1) I know it's an mmi but is it completely closed file or are there a couple open file sections?
2) they just sent out an email saying that they've changed their interview attire to business casual. They said you can wear a suit if you want though. I would prefer to wear my suit but I don't want to look like an arse. Thoughts?
its completely closed file. Also everyone on my interview day was in a suitInterview tomorrow ahhhhhhhhhh
Couple questions:
1) I know it's an mmi but is it completely closed file or are there a couple open file sections?
2) they just sent out an email saying that they've changed their interview attire to business casual. They said you can wear a suit if you want though. I would prefer to wear my suit but I don't want to look like an arse. Thoughts?
inked.cuse
Full Member
Does Vermont send out rejections if they don’t want to interview you or will we just not here back ? Anyone receive an R?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
its completely closed file. Also everyone on my interview day was in a suit
Thanks for replying! Did you interview this year? I figure I'll probably just wear my suit. They said it wasn't necessary, but I would feel better wearing it I think (unless I'm the only one).
Yes I interviewed recently! They told us no one had access to our file beforehand and everyone was in a suit including me, I think that was just said in case someone did not have access to a suit this year!
Yes I interviewed recently! They told us no one had access to our file beforehand and everyone was in a suit including me, I think that was just said in case someone did not have access to a suit this year!
Hey I hope your interview went well! Was it fairly informal or pretty formal? I know you can't go too in depth but did it feel like there were any curveballs?
probablyrejected2020
Full Member
II just now. Complete 7/17, LM 71, OOS. Closest date was 9/28. I'm really excited as this is my first II and one of my top choice schools!!
II today for me as well. Complete in mid-August, LM 80, OOS. Dates were from September 28 through November. This is also my first II and very exciting!
boopboopbeepboop
Full Member
Bumping this!Hey I hope your interview went well! Was it fairly informal or pretty formal? I know you can't go too in depth but did it feel like there were any curveballs?
Hey I hope your interview went well! Was it fairly informal or pretty formal? I know you can't go too in depth but did it feel like there were any curveballs?
It felt fair and pretty stress free. I had an interview last week that I was a lot more nervous for, but this felt a lot less stressful (probably because it wasn't my first interview.) I would just relax, breathe deep and speak slow. I found that when I slowed my speech down I was more comfortable, less anxious and more articulate. I felt like that helped a lot and allowed me to think as I spoke.
You peeps got it! They're interviewing you for a reason.
probablyrejected2020
Full Member
It's completely closed file? This page (not sure of accuracy) says 95% of applicants reported it being open file:its completely closed file. Also everyone on my interview day was in a suit
University of Vermont College of Medicine Interview Feedback
Ranking of schools based on SDN s years of school data and member surveys. SDN is independent and nonprofit.
Is being closed file new this year/the last couple years?
Also, i understand it has historically been MMI. Is this still the case? How do they achieve this online? Thank you in advance for any insight!
its completely closed file. Also everyone on my interview day was in a suit
Hey did you participate in the LCOM Conversation yet? If so what should I wear?
It felt fair and pretty stress free. I had an interview last week that I was a lot more nervous for, but this felt a lot less stressful (probably because it wasn't my first interview.) I would just relax, breathe deep and speak slow. I found that when I slowed my speech down I was more comfortable, less anxious and more articulate. I felt like that helped a lot and allowed me to think as I spoke.
You peeps got it! They're interviewing you for a reason.
Hi! Glad your interview went well! Was it an MMI?
It was all MMI and yes, the interviewers were all totally blind to applications. The MMI was set up where you enter a breakout room with a single interviewer and have a chance to read and respond to a prompt, just as you would in person. Good luck!It's completely closed file? This page (not sure of accuracy) says 95% of applicants reported it being open file:
![]()
University of Vermont College of Medicine Interview Feedback
Ranking of schools based on SDN s years of school data and member surveys. SDN is independent and nonprofit.www.studentdoctor.net
Is being closed file new this year/the last couple years?
Also, i understand it has historically been MMI. Is this still the case? How do they achieve this online? Thank you in advance for any insight!
Sorry to keep asking this question. I have the student panel thingy today and I'm not sure what you're supposed to wear to these. Do I wear my suit again or what? Have you done yours yet?It was all MMI and yes, the interviewers were all totally blind to applications. The MMI was set up where you enter a breakout room with a single interviewer and have a chance to read and respond to a prompt, just as you would in person. Good luck!
I'll be attending that today as well, as I was planning on wearing business casual again - as a lady, that'll be a button down shirt with a sports coat over top. I think it's okay to be a bit more casual for this if you feel comfortable doing so, but it all comes down to what you'll be most comfortable and confident in!Sorry to keep asking this question. I have the student panel thingy today and I'm not sure what you're supposed to wear to these. Do I wear my suit again or what? Have you done yours yet?
It was all MMI and yes, the interviewers were all totally blind to applications. The MMI was set up where you enter a breakout room with a single interviewer and have a chance to read and respond to a prompt, just as you would in person. Good luck!
Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my secondary, but the portal says my reference letters have not been received? Do we have to wait until they manually input them to be complete?
I submitted my secondary, but the portal says my reference letters have not been received? Do we have to wait until they manually input them to be complete?
Their status page states that it may take up to 48 hours for the reference letters to show up as received. I had the same thing come up and they checked my app as complete shortly after I submitted.
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
I've had a couple... none within 4 years though, so I just said the number and date range. Really hoping being reckless and dumb at 16 doesn't hurt me lol. I'd imagine it's for something to do with their background check? not really a "you got 3 speeding tickets at 16, you're not responsible enough to be a physician"? right?bump on this puhleeeez
happythoughtss
Full Member
do anyone receive a complete email? in the portal, I am complete but never received an email. just curious
They don't send complete emails I think!do anyone receive a complete email? in the portal, I am complete but never received an email. just curious
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
No idea. But I do think it's reasonable that they might say to themselves "one is a mistake, three is a trend." Hopefully you get your fair shake in a full app review, though, especially since they were many years ago!I've had a couple... none within 4 years though, so I just said the number and date range. Really hoping being reckless and dumb at 16 doesn't hurt me lol. I'd imagine it's for something to do with their background check? not really a "you got 3 speeding tickets at 16, you're not responsible enough to be a physician"? right?
Still haven't received a secondary... How long did it take between primary submission and secondary emails for you guys?
D
deleted1048149
Still haven't received a secondary... How long did it take between primary submission and secondary emails for you guys?
I got mine the day after I was verified
Still haven't received a secondary... How long did it take between primary submission and secondary emails for you guys?
One day after submission
I got mine as soon as my MCAT score became available (which was like 2 weeks after I submitted my secondary). So basically as soon as they had everything they needed to make my file complete.
[Edit: Wait, I lied. I got mine right after submitting, even without my MCAT score. That was back in early July. Maybe processing times are slower now?]
[Edit: Wait, I lied. I got mine right after submitting, even without my MCAT score. That was back in early July. Maybe processing times are slower now?]
Last edited:
It looks like people were still getting II’s late in the cycle last year, youre probably fine to still apply now!Is it too late to apply here OOS?
UVM or VermontDo people generally call this school larner or UVM?
II just now!! Interview scheduled for first week of October. OOS no ties, LM ~70.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! I'm super jellyII just now!! Interview scheduled for first week of October. OOS no ties, LM ~70.
MissDoctaDocta
Full Member
Congrats! When were you complete?
Congrats! When were you complete?
8/27
ope was complete 7/24 :,) congrats though!8/27
Complete 7/20 and haven't heard anything. OOSope was complete 7/24 :,) congrats though!