2020-2021 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At this point it can‘t hurt, but i thought they didn‘t want so many updates? You sent three so that might be the only drawback. Hope others can give more insight.
Thanks for your input! I'm thinking I'll wait a little longer before considering a phone call again.

Idk if this will help anyone, but I do have a number of friends at Larner and I have heard that many current students who were waitlisted sent 2-4 letters of intent/letters reaffirming their interest
 
Thanks for your input! I'm thinking I'll wait a little longer before considering a phone call again.

Idk if this will help anyone, but I do have a number of friends at Larner and I have heard that many current students who were waitlisted sent 2-4 letters of intent/letters reaffirming their interest

thank you for this! i was super nervous about sending two so this helped. do they usually send confirmations? they sent one after my first but not after my second
 
thank you for this! i was super nervous about sending two so this helped. do they usually send confirmations? they sent one after my first but not after my second
Oh interesting - yes, they did send confirmations for all three of mine, so that's very strange! I'm not sure what you should do about that but glad I could help you feel better about having sent a second. Maybe just shoot a quick email asking if it was received?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted back in Feb and have been lurking in the groupme - I can confirm that plenty of people are withdrawing their As each day and people have slowly been trickling in (I'm assuming after getting off the WL). There haven't been any huge waves of people joining, but there is movement for sure. Keep your hopes up!
Hey @sleepypickle . how's the groupme looking?
 
Did anyone else receive this? I emailed last week to reaffirm interest.
003512BD-8A2A-4D44-9FE5-7BC87BB7168A.jpeg
 
Did anyone else receive this? I emailed last week to reaffirm interest.View attachment 336777

I also received this and have expressed my interest in the past. This definitely seems like they’re taking stock of everyone who’s still out here before making their next moves. Hopefully good news is around the corner!

Also, I’m REALLY resisting the urge to reply to the email 🤐🤣 I do think that this is a good sign in terms of their holistic review. If the list is truly unranked and they have to re-review all of the files before offering spots, it makes sense to give folks a nudge in order to thin out that pile before they dig into it again.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also received this and have expressed my interest in the past. This definitely seems like they’re taking stock of everyone who’s still out here before making their next moves. Hopefully good news is around the corner!

Also, I’m REALLY resisting the urge to not reply to the email 🤐🤣 I do think that this is a good sign in terms of their holistic review. If the list is truly unranked and they have to re-review all of the files before offering spots, it makes sense to give folks a nudge in order to thin out that pile before they dig into it again.
Omg 😂😂 I wanted to reply so badly too but I’m not going to
 
Last edited:
Just withdrew my acceptance, good luck!

Hopefully one of you gets my spot!

To the person who sent me a hostile private message for withdrawing... I personally hope you do not get my spot.

And to everyone else, good luck! My experience interviewing at UVM was amazing however I got an opportunity elsewhere that was hard to pass up.

You'll definitely enjoy UVM, it seems like a great place!
 
Don’t know if there is a connection but I asked them about scholarships yesterday and they gave me my scholarship today 😳

Edit: I asked them when to expect news. I did not have any competing offers at the moment. Got 30k/yr
 
Last edited:
Don’t know if there is a connection but I asked them about scholarships yesterday and they gave me my scholarship today 😳

Edit: I asked them when to expect news. I did not have any competing offers at the moment. Got 30k/yr

Dang! I didn’t realize they would offer scholarships after you already got your “award”
 
Also FYI I’ve been lurking the Facebook group to check numbers and they gained 3 members today .. not completely indicative of waitlist movement because perhaps those people were previously accepted and just joined, but could be signifying movement. I wonder how many people are waitlisted and how many open spots there are ... but hard to tell. Anyone have any idea of this? Crossing my fingers for this week 🤞
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I'm pretty disapointed.. I was really expecting a lot of WL movement 🙁
Yeah I had a feeling there wouldn't be much this year with zoom interviews. I held out hope these last couple of weeks but it might be time to really set my mind on that awful reapplication cycle... sigh, I think Vermont may have been too generous on waitlist movement and waitlist in general. I truly despise how medical school cycles overlap. The cycle should be over by April so that it gives applicants a chance to reevaluate instead of false hope. I really wish schools in general were more transparent as its such an exploitative system.
 
Yeah I had a feeling there wouldn't be much this year with zoom interviews. I held out hope these last couple of weeks but it might be time to really set my mind on that awful reapplication cycle... sigh, I think Vermont may have been too generous on waitlist movement and waitlist in general. I truly despise how medical school cycles overlap. The cycle should be over by April so that it gives applicants a chance to reevaluate instead of false hope. I really wish schools in general were more transparent as its such an exploitative system.
Preach 🙏🙏🙏
 
It sucks for sure.... I also wish there wasn't this crappy overlap. But there have been people trickling on to the groupme. I think they are slowly offering acceptances to the WL as opposed to waves
 
I totally agree with what everybody has been saying ... this waiting game has been so physically/emotionally exhausting .. anxiously checking my email and this thread like every 30 seconds .. has anybody thought about calling the admissions office? Not sure if that’d be harmful or beneficial? Also for anybody with the new MSAR subscription, how are the numbers looking?
Nonetheless glad to have a community of you guys to vent to, solidarity in adversity 🥺🤞❤️
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad