2020-2021 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At this point it can‘t hurt, but i thought they didn‘t want so many updates? You sent three so that might be the only drawback. Hope others can give more insight.
Thanks for your input! I'm thinking I'll wait a little longer before considering a phone call again.

Idk if this will help anyone, but I do have a number of friends at Larner and I have heard that many current students who were waitlisted sent 2-4 letters of intent/letters reaffirming their interest

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for your input! I'm thinking I'll wait a little longer before considering a phone call again.

Idk if this will help anyone, but I do have a number of friends at Larner and I have heard that many current students who were waitlisted sent 2-4 letters of intent/letters reaffirming their interest

thank you for this! i was super nervous about sending two so this helped. do they usually send confirmations? they sent one after my first but not after my second

Reactions: 1 user
thank you for this! i was super nervous about sending two so this helped. do they usually send confirmations? they sent one after my first but not after my second
Oh interesting - yes, they did send confirmations for all three of mine, so that's very strange! I'm not sure what you should do about that but glad I could help you feel better about having sent a second. Maybe just shoot a quick email asking if it was received?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted back in Feb and have been lurking in the groupme - I can confirm that plenty of people are withdrawing their As each day and people have slowly been trickling in (I'm assuming after getting off the WL). There haven't been any huge waves of people joining, but there is movement for sure. Keep your hopes up!
Hey @sleepypickle . how's the groupme looking?

Just withdrew my acceptance, good luck!

Hopefully one of you gets my spot!

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
Did anyone else receive this? I emailed last week to reaffirm interest.
003512BD-8A2A-4D44-9FE5-7BC87BB7168A.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
I reaffirmed my interest a couple of weeks ago and also received it. I think it just went out to the entire waitlist!
My heart totally dropped when receiving this at first 😂 hopefully this means we’ll all hear something in the near future!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My heart cannot handle this especially as I'm anxiously preparing for my next cycle =(

• Care
Did anyone else receive this? I emailed last week to reaffirm interest.View attachment 336777

I also received this and have expressed my interest in the past. This definitely seems like they’re taking stock of everyone who’s still out here before making their next moves. Hopefully good news is around the corner!

Also, I’m REALLY resisting the urge to reply to the email :censored::rofl: I do think that this is a good sign in terms of their holistic review. If the list is truly unranked and they have to re-review all of the files before offering spots, it makes sense to give folks a nudge in order to thin out that pile before they dig into it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I also received this and have expressed my interest in the past. This definitely seems like they’re taking stock of everyone who’s still out here before making their next moves. Hopefully good news is around the corner!

Also, I’m REALLY resisting the urge to not reply to the email :censored::rofl: I do think that this is a good sign in terms of their holistic review. If the list is truly unranked and they have to re-review all of the files before offering spots, it makes sense to give folks a nudge in order to thin out that pile before they dig into it again.
Omg 😂😂 I wanted to reply so badly too but I’m not going to

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew my acceptance, good luck!

Hopefully one of you gets my spot!

To the person who sent me a hostile private message for withdrawing... I personally hope you do not get my spot.

And to everyone else, good luck! My experience interviewing at UVM was amazing however I got an opportunity elsewhere that was hard to pass up.

You'll definitely enjoy UVM, it seems like a great place!

• Care
Don’t know if there is a connection but I asked them about scholarships yesterday and they gave me my scholarship today :oops:

Edit: I asked them when to expect news. I did not have any competing offers at the moment. Got 30k/yr

Last edited:
Don’t know if there is a connection but I asked them about scholarships yesterday and they gave me my scholarship today :oops:

Edit: I asked them when to expect news. I did not have any competing offers at the moment. Got 30k/yr

Dang! I didn’t realize they would offer scholarships after you already got your “award”

Also FYI I’ve been lurking the Facebook group to check numbers and they gained 3 members today .. not completely indicative of waitlist movement because perhaps those people were previously accepted and just joined, but could be signifying movement. I wonder how many people are waitlisted and how many open spots there are ... but hard to tell. Anyone have any idea of this? Crossing my fingers for this week 🤞

Got off the waitlist today! Sent updates & LOI. My first A of the cycle I am so so happy and relieved and grateful. (OOS, II Nov)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
so..... do you guys think there will be much more WL movement i think im @ a place where im 90% hope lost

• Sad
Yeah, I'm pretty disapointed.. I was really expecting a lot of WL movement :(
Yeah I had a feeling there wouldn't be much this year with zoom interviews. I held out hope these last couple of weeks but it might be time to really set my mind on that awful reapplication cycle... sigh, I think Vermont may have been too generous on waitlist movement and waitlist in general. I truly despise how medical school cycles overlap. The cycle should be over by April so that it gives applicants a chance to reevaluate instead of false hope. I really wish schools in general were more transparent as its such an exploitative system.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah I had a feeling there wouldn't be much this year with zoom interviews. I held out hope these last couple of weeks but it might be time to really set my mind on that awful reapplication cycle... sigh, I think Vermont may have been too generous on waitlist movement and waitlist in general. I truly despise how medical school cycles overlap. The cycle should be over by April so that it gives applicants a chance to reevaluate instead of false hope. I really wish schools in general were more transparent as its such an exploitative system.
Preach 🙏🙏🙏

It sucks for sure.... I also wish there wasn't this crappy overlap. But there have been people trickling on to the groupme. I think they are slowly offering acceptances to the WL as opposed to waves

I totally agree with what everybody has been saying ... this waiting game has been so physically/emotionally exhausting .. anxiously checking my email and this thread like every 30 seconds .. has anybody thought about calling the admissions office? Not sure if that’d be harmful or beneficial? Also for anybody with the new MSAR subscription, how are the numbers looking?
Nonetheless glad to have a community of you guys to vent to, solidarity in adversity 🥺🤞❤️

• Care
I think they are still doing person by person trying to fill up the class I just got in off the waitlist today at like 3:27. URM, OOS, 514/3.93 sustained volunteering and leadership. First A!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just want to reiterate that I feel everyone’s frustration. I had a conditional acceptance pulled this cycle (not medically qualified for the military) and am now sitting on two waitlists. The wait is really painful and the whole process has been frustrating. Trying to hold onto hope for UVM 🤞

• Care
yeah idk if this is anything important but the class of 2023 and 2024 for UVM have like 300+ members and the class of 2025 page is so far at 157 members.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
anybody still on the WL? anyone still holding hope?
I'm definitely in this spot but begrudgingly starting to navigate the overlap with the next cycle. I hate to do it because I know I'd be so happy here, but I also refuse to be complacent. I certainly hope there's more to come here for all of us who are still waiting.

Just got off waitlist! OOS & int 03/05! waitlisted 04/08! good luck to everyone!!

• Love
  • Care