You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Virginia Tech
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tortellini
Full Member
540 aka Roanoke, VAFor those of you with acceptances (congrats!!!!), what area code did the phone call come from?
Thanks! I figured but I also know some admissions people are WFH so I didn't know if it might be different or not. Appreciate your response.540 aka Roanoke, VA
+1Active status pool just now, 10/10 interview date.
Got the R this morning. Honestly I'm not too disappointed or surprised. Didn't get a great vibe during my interview day.Has anyone received the active status pool or rejection email post-interview?
Don’t take it personally. Also got post II R there and very happily in Med school in a Very different environment. With a class of 42 and interviewing 300 they know exactly what they’re looking for and you just didn’t fit that (and that’s so okay).Got the R this morning. Honestly I'm not too disappointed or surprised. Didn't get a great vibe during my interview day.
I'm thinking week of Nov 9, given the 10/10 group heard on 10/27.10/24 Interviewees: has anyone found out when we might hear back? My guess was early December
Edit: ] On second thought, the Sept group didn't hear until 10/27, so early December might be right if they are doing two II groups at a time.
Last edited:
MSAR indicates 56 spots for class of 2021. They increased by 7 to 49 for 2020 and so I guess by another 7 for 2021 if MSAR is accurate. Still small....maybe better odds now unless they increased II's a bunch.Don’t take it personally. Also got post II R there and very happily in Med school in a Very different environment. With a class of 42 and interviewing 300 they know exactly what they’re looking for and you just didn’t fit that (and that’s so okay).
My point was DONT take it personally if you don’t get an A here, very small class with very specific research vision. They are looking for a certain type of person and can get very particular with such a small pool. This was not meant to discourage anyone.MSAR indicates 56 spots for class of 2021. They increased by 7 to 49 for 2020 and so I guess by another 7 for 2021 if MSAR is accurate. Still small....maybe better odds now unless they increased II's a bunch.
Too late to submit secondary? Received it early September but two full-time jobs have really limited the time I could dedicate to writing. Will submit regardless- just would like to know how negatively I will be affected by this timeline. Heard mixed opinions given COVID & whatnot, especially since schools are each at a unique place in their review process.
FAP is a lifesaver! Time is the real money now lol. But cheers, thank you!I think if you can afford it go for it! You miss all the shots you don't take ^^
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You seem like a good fit. Are you a current senior or already graduated ? Seems VTC likes older students. In past years it was kind of balanced but latest data shows skew toward older.hey ya'll! I didnt know where to post this but i'm applying next year. superrr interested in this school. I'm OOS with no ties...but high gpa, mcat around their median (LM ~ 71) and 4 years of research + pub. Shoot my shot or nah?
You seem like a good fit. Are you a current senior or already graduated ? Seems VTC likes older students. In past years it was kind of balanced but latest data shows skew toward older.
Hey thanks so much for your reply, I graduated this past May and will be taking 2 gap years! I'll be 23 while applying and 24 if I end up matriculating
I think that might benefit you or at least put you in the range of what they seem to like.
I think that might benefit you or at least put you in the range of what they seem to like.
That's really relieving to hear, I think i'll just try my luck and worst comes to worst...at least I tried! Thanks again 🙂
I got mine too!Just found my swag bag in the mail lol
Same here! Any sense whether we might see acceptances this week? Interviewed 10/24.I got mine too!
I heard back in about 2.5 weeks from my interview dateSame here! Any sense whether we might see acceptances this week? Interviewed 10/24.
Omg do NOT get my hopes up!! I interviewed on the same day.Same here! Any sense whether we might see acceptances this week? Interviewed 10/24.
Does anyone know if there is a deposit that accepted students will have to make? I cannot find this information. Thank you
I didn’t see a deposit either just making your account etc( the things listed in the portal)Does anyone know if there is a deposit that accepted students will have to make? I cannot find this information. Thank you
Does anyone know if there is a deposit that accepted students will have to make? I cannot find this information. Thank you
When I got the acceptance call I was told VTC doesnt ask for deposits. So no deposits.
Hi! just got an II! So excited! What is the post interview acceptance rate like?
Congrats! Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but unfortunately, it's not great. They interview like 300 applicants and accept 100ish. Here's a spreadsheet on it: Question about post interview acceptance ratesHi! just got an II! So excited! What is the post interview acceptance rate like?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When do you interview ?Also got an II! So glad that I applied!
Thank you! And 11/21Congrats! When do you interview ?
Pre-II R, OOS complete 7/13
+1Pre-II R, OOS complete 7/13
futuredoc4634
Full Member
Pre-II R here too, OOS complete 8/8. Happy Friday the 13th!
Pre-II R, complete 8/25
Babydoctorbaby
New Member
Complete 7/21 and absolute silence... ugh.
SAME! I was complete 7/14
definitely_not_an_athlete
Full Member
Pre-II R yesterday, complete 8/25. Good luck to everyone still standing!
ArmyMDhopeful2020
Full Member
Pre-II R on Friday. Not surprised. Good luck to those remaining!
helloeverybody123
Full Member
Question for those of you who have interviewed already: is the 1-on-1 traditional interview actually just 20 minutes? As in when it hits 20 minutes the interviewer says "ok we have to end now"? Or could you theoretically keep talking past the 20 minutes?
thanks in advance!! 😍
thanks in advance!! 😍
Nope it ends right then. It sounded like my interviewer had another interview to get to after mine.Question for those of you who have interviewed already: is the 1-on-1 traditional interview actually just 20 minutes? As in when it hits 20 minutes the interviewer says "ok we have to end now"? Or could you theoretically keep talking past the 20 minutes?
thanks in advance!! 😍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SlamShark
Full Member
My person talked to me for a bit longer. I think it depends on the interviewer and the interview.Question for those of you who have interviewed already: is the 1-on-1 traditional interview actually just 20 minutes? As in when it hits 20 minutes the interviewer says "ok we have to end now"? Or could you theoretically keep talking past the 20 minutes?
thanks in advance!! 😍
Oh that’s interesting. Mine definitely had a timer and warned me I had ten seconds left to finish my thought lolMy person talked to me for a bit longer. I think it depends on the interviewer and the interview.
Is the interview open or close file?
I know it was mentioned that leaving the student panel earlier or arriving late wasn't a big deal. Anyone know if it's viewed poorly or noted if you don't attend that panel at all? I have one for another school that overlaps the beginning of VTC's and can't stay until the end of the VTC one. I feel like instead of both arriving late and leaving early it might be better to not go to it?
+1 my interview cut off at exactly 20 mins lol I couldn't finish my sentenceOh that’s interesting. Mine definitely had a timer and warned me I had ten seconds left to finish my thought lol