2020-2021 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed sept 16 and they made it seem like decisions would definitely be out today but still haven't heard anything! Constantly refreshing my email

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed sept 16 and they made it seem like decisions would definitely be out today but still haven't heard anything! Constantly refreshing my email

@spikebee do you think they’ll email as opposed to calling? That’s my working assumption but not 100% sure. Also constantly refreshing my email, wondering if they’ll let us know at EOD so no one can call and hassle them.

@spikebee do you think they’ll email as opposed to calling? That’s my working assumption but not 100% sure. Also constantly refreshing my email, wondering if they’ll let us know at EOD so no one can call and hassle them.
They made it seem like it'd be email on my interview day, but who knows! Just hoping to hear something by the end of the day

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted via email! Interviewed 9/22.

1°: 43 | 2°: 33 | II: 4 | IA: 2 | Pre-R: ? | Post-R ? | A: 1

LM: 80.5, WARS: 92, ORM

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed this week with UVA and wanted to share my interview experience because it was so positive! The admissions staff and dean were so so welcoming, laid back, and inclusive to start off the day. Then, my interviewers were extremely conversational and made me feel completely comfortable opening up to them (I can be reserved sometimes). I had two 30 minute interviews, one with an MS4 and one with a faculty member. Before the interviews we had an information session from the dean, a virtual tour, and a Q&A with current students. After the interview, we had an information session with Financial Aid. This school made a very positive impression! Most schools will talk about their "collaborative" environments and how their interviews are "conversational" but I truly saw it through the way everyone behaved at this one!

Reactions: 8 users
Just got the A via email!!!! I interviewed just this week so they're REALLY fast haha

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed this week with UVA and wanted to share my interview experience because it was so positive! The admissions staff and dean were so so welcoming, laid back, and inclusive to start off the day. Then, my interviewers were extremely conversational and made me feel completely comfortable opening up to them (I can be reserved sometimes). I had two 30 minute interviews, one with an MS4 and one with a faculty member. Before the interviews we had an information session from the dean, a virtual tour, and a Q&A with current students. After the interview, we had an information session with Financial Aid. This school made a very positive impression! Most schools will talk about their "collaborative" environments and how their interviews are "conversational" but I truly saw it through the way everyone behaved at this one!

Glad you had a good experience. This is pretty much what I experienced when I interviewed here - my faculty interviewer was so relaxed and when she asked if I had any questions, she said it could be about literally anything, whether about the town, or about her work, or about the hospital etc. Made me feel like I could ask what I was really curious about rather than trying to ask the stereotypical "insightful applicant questions." 4 years later here I am lol

Sad y'all can't visit in person. The lunch at this interview was truly something to experience

Interviewed this week and received the A! OOS ORM

• Love
Interviewed 3 days ago and turned out to be an A!! OOS, ORM, stats in sig

Reactions: 2 users
Is there no deposit? So we accept on the portal and then everything from there is officially done through the AMCAS Commit to enroll?

Members don't see this ad :)
@premedguy12 I don't think we need to pay a deposit until we commit to enroll via AMCAS, and I don't think we can commit to a school for a while!

Is there no deposit? So we accept on the portal and then everything from there is officially done through the AMCAS Commit to enroll?

UVA doesn’t have a deposit. You just have to accept the offer and then commit to enroll via AMCAS in the spring!

UVA doesn’t have a deposit. You just have to accept the offer and then commit to enroll via AMCAS in the spring!
Can other schools see if we accept UVA’s offer? It seems to me that it’s just effectively holding your spot, not necessarily committing to going there

Can other schools see if we accept UVA’s offer? It seems to me that it’s just effectively holding your spot, not necessarily committing to going there

No they don’t see that you’ve been accepted or accepted the offer.

Reactions: 1 user
ii just now, there were still a couple dates left in mid/late november to schedule

Accepted MD/PhD! Got the call this morning. Ahhhhhh, I'm so excited!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey all,
I'm not really sure if I should apply, but given my recent MCAT score that came out, I thought I'd give it a shot. I received my secondary a while back (August 19th) and didn't really think about it until after taking my MCAT, especially b/c Virginia's MCAT is pretty high.
T10 Undergrad - Engineering + Business Certificate, 3.6 cumulative (lowered by business/econ classes), 3.7 science, 519 MCAT.
Not sure if Virginia has more open interview seats or if it's even worth a shot this late in the cycle given my stats. Any insight?

Hey all,
I'm not really sure if I should apply, but given my recent MCAT score that came out, I thought I'd give it a shot. I received my secondary a while back (August 19th) and didn't really think about it until after taking my MCAT, especially b/c Virginia's MCAT is pretty high.
T10 Undergrad - Engineering + Business Certificate, 3.6 cumulative (lowered by business/econ classes), 3.7 science, 519 MCAT.
Not sure if Virginia has more open interview seats or if it's even worth a shot this late in the cycle given my stats. Any insight?

I can't really speak to how late is too late, but I think the lower GPA is offset by the high MCAT and undergrad school reputation. Only thing you have to lose is the secondary fee, so if that's not too problematic it's worth a shot

II! This was definitely a reach school so I'm pretty shocked.

Reactions: 3 users
II received this morning! Complete 8/20 OOS, URM.

There were only 3 dates in early December when I scheduled my interview.

II today, IS ORM, complete mid-July

Also huge congrats to everyone who received As!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
II today! Currently a 4th year here so I've been really hoping for this one!

IS ORM, complete 7/28

• Love
Accepted on 10/15 but just got around to making my account here haha. Good luck to everyone interviewing or waiting to hear back! :>

Reactions: 5 users
II this morning!! LM 80, complete late July, OOS, star sign Virgo, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
II this morning as well! LM 77, OOS, also a Virgo. Scheduled for December.

Hey all, M4 here. Willing to answer questions and such!
hi, could you please let me know the acceptance rate for international students? what would be the single most thing they would look in for an international student like me?

hi, could you please let me know the acceptance rate for international students? what would be the single most thing they would look in for an international student like me?

That's a good question, and I'm not actually 100% sure what the acceptance rate is. There are a few people in my class who are originally from other countries, but many of these are Canada and I think all of them went to Canadian or US undergrad schools.

Interviewing here on the 18th, pretty excited , seems like a nice wholesome environment! Any tips from MS1 or peeps who got accepted? Also do they actually get back to you within two weeks (unheard of Lool)?

Interviewing here on the 18th, pretty excited , seems like a nice wholesome environment! Any tips from MS1 or peeps who got accepted? Also do they actually get back to you within two weeks (unheard of Lool)?

They got back to me in 3 days! The interviews are extremely relaxed, so don't be nervous!