2020-2021 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an A!!! Interviewed just this week! Literally in tears! I’m so happy rn!

Love the positive vibes on a Friday :), congratulations!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been rejected pre-interview invite here? I was complete in like August, but still haven't heard anything back. Should I be worried lol?

Has anyone been rejected pre-interview invite here? I was complete in like August, but still haven't heard anything back. Should I be worried lol?
They don't do pre-ii rejects to the end of the season.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I'm so happy that this school notifies people quickly after an interview. I'm wondering what the quickest turn around time has been? I have my interview this Thursday and I'm wondering if hearing back the next day is at all reasonable? A one-day turnaround would be amazing.

Any OOS peeps who submitted early into the cycle in a similar boat of not hearing anything from them? I submitted my secondary in late July and have had nothing but radio silence.

Reactions: 5 users
Any OOS peeps who submitted early into the cycle in a similar boat of not hearing anything from them? I submitted my secondary in late July and have had nothing but radio silence.

Yup, submitted late July as well and have yet to hear back.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so happy that this school notifies people quickly after an interview. I'm wondering what the quickest turn around time has been? I have my interview this Thursday and I'm wondering if hearing back the next day is at all reasonable? A one-day turnaround would be amazing.

AFAIK, that's how it works here. They meet Fridays to discuss all the applicants from the preceding days that week

Still the best admissions process in the country imo, I don't know of any other school that does this. Much nicer to applicants

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the A via email at around 10:45. Literally interviewed 2 days ago, so excited !!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
A!!! Interviewed yesterday and really loved the school.

Is this the hardest working committee in admissions? I think it might be.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!!! The turn around time at this school is seriously amazing.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted this morning. International student.
I’m so grateful! It’s been a long road.

Reactions: 6 users
Long time lurker first-time poster so excited to say I was accepted on Friday! I'm so excited, this was one of my top choices and the school made such a great impression on me during the interview day. Best interview experience yet!

Wondering if those who just got accepted have decided on INOVA versus CVille for a clinical site. If you have any insights or have already decided please reply with your reasons. Feeling very conflicted (but they both seem great so I'm sure either would be fine!).

Long time lurker first-time poster so excited to say I was accepted on Friday! I'm so excited, this was one of my top choices and the school made such a great impression on me during the interview day. Best interview experience yet!

Wondering if those who just got accepted have decided on INOVA versus CVille for a clinical site. If you have any insights or have already decided please reply with your reasons. Feeling very conflicted (but they both seem great so I'm sure either would be fine!).

Honestly I just put CVille cuz I didn’t want to have to move for a year lol.

Did anyone email Dr. Marzani about any question before an interview invite?

Last edited:
After uploading an update letter to the portal, should we email their admissions email to let them know that we uploaded something? Or is that weird

After uploading an update letter to the portal, should we email their admissions email to let them know that we uploaded something? Or is that weird
It may be tempting to do that, but no, I don't think schools want people to do that.

I think, in general, submitting an update does not itself trigger a re-review of your application. But if/when your application is re-reviewed, they will see the update you posted.

Reactions: 1 user
any other in state applicants forget to submit the residency form? stress.......

any other in state applicants forget to submit the residency form? stress.......
I sent mine over but never got confirmation that it was received. Anyone know if we should have received an email like this, or is there a way to check?

I probably should have check on this months ago when I submitted.... oh well

I sent mine over but never got confirmation that it was received. Anyone know if we should have received an email like this, or is there a way to check?

I probably should have check on this months ago when I submitted.... oh well
I contacted them back in July and they told me they don't send confirmations (but when I reached out, they confirmed they received mine)

I contacted them back in July and they told me they don't send confirmations (but when I reached out, they confirmed they received mine)
What was the residency form called? Was this the thing we had to send to the office of Virginia status?

Just got accepted. Details in sig

edit: interviewed this Tuesday, they were very quick with it (as they always are)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
I also received an A earlier! OOS, complete early Oct.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Complete late july, OOS, and still haven't heard anything. Should I lose hope?

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Also got the A! I interviewed yesterday. OOS complete end of July

• Wow
Kind of a random question, but has anyone received a II from here, but rejected from other OOS state schools that are maybe "less competitive"? Really starting to lose hope on UVA Med, given that I was rejected from both Wisconsin and Indiana, both OOS schools for me but still. Any thoughts/insight?

Anyone know if they’re still sending out ii’s
Kind of a random question, but has anyone received a II from here, but rejected from other OOS state schools that are maybe "less competitive"? Really starting to lose hope on UVA Med, given that I was rejected from both Wisconsin and Indiana, both OOS schools for me but still. Any thoughts/insight?
wondering this too. I was also rejected from wisco and virgina tech and my mcat/gpa are decently higher than their averages. Also OOS and still waiting on UVA