2020-2021 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewing here on the 18th, pretty excited , seems like a nice wholesome environment! Any tips from MS1 or peeps who got accepted? Also do they actually get back to you within two weeks (unheard of Lool)?
I can't speak specifically to the virtual interview format, but really just be yourself! My interviews were extremely conversational and it seemed like they really were just trying to get to know me better! Also, I can confirm that it is very much a wholesome environment, my classmates are all incredible! And they release decisions every Friday of the week you interview, so you will know super fast!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They haven't gotten to anyone completed after August :'( Did I submit here too late or will they get to me in due time?

Members don't see this ad :)
They haven't gotten to anyone completed after August :'( Did I submit here too late or will they get to me in due time?

Don't despair, they will get to you. I submitted my secondary in September and they didn't get back to me until November for a December interview. The interview period is not even close to over.

Don't despair, they will get to you. I submitted my secondary in September and they didn't get back to me until November for a December interview. The interview period is not even close to over.
Hang in there, your time is coming
Thank you both for the encouraging comments! I was getting caught up in my own head and really needed the kind reality check

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewing here on the 18th, pretty excited , seems like a nice wholesome environment! Any tips from MS1 or peeps who got accepted? Also do they actually get back to you within two weeks (unheard of Lool)?
same!

What is the difference in opportunities at Charlottesville clinical campus vs. Inova Fairfax for clerkships? Just got accepted and we have to pick a preference or no preference.

Just to echo what others have said: the two interviews were very conversational and (as a very anxious virtual interviewer) I felt very at ease within the first couple minutes. I really fell in love with this school during my interview day, especially since the students and faculty are all so friendly and seem very supportive/collaborative. I would say just relax, be prepared to talk about your experiences and what you're passionate about, and you'll do great!

Complete 7/19 and nothing but silence. LM 80.8. OOS. ORM. Am I SOL here?

What is the difference in opportunities at Charlottesville clinical campus vs. Inova Fairfax for clerkships? Just got accepted and we have to pick a preference or no preference.

also wondering this. I only have a couple of days left to accept so any input/resources from m3/4 who have done clerkships there would be awesome :)

Members don't see this ad :)
also wondering this. I only have a couple of days left to accept so any input/resources from m3/4 who have done clerkships there would be awesome :)

I haven't worked at INOVA but have heard about it from classmates; this is what I told another applicant:

"From what I hear, you may see more trauma in the ED than in charlottesville. It's unique in having an extremely active OBGYN service with lots of deliveries, something charlottesville is somewhat lacking. You also have access to a bigger city, so if you prefer more amenities and people, INOVA would be better. However, it's much pricier (northern Virginia outside DC is consistently among the highest in the nation for housing costs). Overall it's an interesting opportunity. I think if you're interested in OBGYN or other primary care specialties, INOVA is potentially better. However, if you want to do a subspecialty like IR, nsgy, cardiac surgery etc. you will want to stay at UVA."

For those who have interviewed or for any current med student, are the interviews closed or open file?
Thank you in advance!

Do they send out Pre-II Rs?

For folks who have been accepted - did you receive log-in information for their student system yet? I was looking at their financial aid page and it says you should receive this two weeks after acceptance, but I have not heard anything.

For folks who have been accepted - did you receive log-in information for their student system yet? I was looking at their financial aid page and it says you should receive this two weeks after acceptance, but I have not heard anything.
have not received anything yet

I just interviewed today and I completed my app on September 22. Keep the faith, they'll get to you!!

Accepted by email this morning! Interviewed this Tuesday.

Reactions: 4 users
Likewise accepted this morning, interviewed last Monday!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
my interview coming up. how was it?
It was very relaxed, more of a conversation than anything. One of the interviewers actively had my application in his hands while we talked and was picking out parts he thought was interesting and then asked me to talk more about them. There weren't any really difficult questions, as long as you are able to articulate why you participated in specific activities or why certain experiences were important to you. As well as the classic question "what brought you to medicine?"

I also just received my acceptance this morning! So they are very fast with turn-around time.

Best of luck on your interview!

Reactions: 2 users
It was very relaxed, more of a conversation than anything. One of the interviewers actively had my application in his hands while we talked and was picking out parts he thought was interesting and then asked me to talk more about them. There weren't any really difficult questions, as long as you are able to articulate why you participated in specific activities or why certain experiences were important to you. As well as the classic question "what brought you to medicine?"

I also just received my acceptance this morning! So they are very fast with turn-around time.

Best of luck on your interview!
Dude that's amazing! My interview is on a Friday, I wonder if I will hear back on the same day lol. I very much doubt that but it would be amazing

Dude that's amazing! My interview is on a Friday, I wonder if I will hear back on the same day lol. I very much doubt that but it would be amazing
They said that their admissions committee meets every Friday, so if you don't hear back that same day (which would be crazy!) you should hear back by the following Friday.

They meet in the mornings so you would probably be the following Friday. That would definitely be cool though!

Are the interviews with faculty members, MS4s, or a mix?
I had two half hour interviews with faculty members, and then a Q&A time with current students that wasn't for evaluation, just there to help you get your questions answered.

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents! Waitlisted earlier today after interviewing earlier this week on Monday. One faculty member followed by one MS4 for my interviewers, mainly conversational but some scenario-based questions were fielded. Hopefully this turns into an acceptance later on, but best of luck to everyone!

Has anyone been rejected post-interview? I thought I read somewhere that UVA only accepts or waitlists post-interview but I wasn’t sure if that was actually true?

Has anyone been rejected post-interview? I thought I read somewhere that UVA only accepts or waitlists post-interview but I wasn’t sure if that was actually true?

Hi! UVA’s website says they interview about 650 and accept about 300 for a class of 156. They will put about 175 on the alternate list and around 70 to 80 people will remain interested from that list. The class size usually drops below 156 in late June and in the past they have taken about 10 to 12 individuals off of that list. So I think they reject about 175 people post-interview.

II! OOS, LM ~70, scheduled for mid-December and next available are in January.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I just got an A!!! Interviewed just this week! Literally in tears! I’m so happy rn!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users