2020-2021 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't those usually form later on with matriculating students? Like "U of X class of 20YY" groups.
Many schools already have Facebook groups for all accepted students!

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if there's a group for accepted students yet?

The Alumni Association should be making one one for you guys some time in the next month or so. Ours came out early February.

Reactions: 2 users
late post, but II last week :)

I'm an alum from undergrad, which helped

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone sent an update? Did it pan out well? Or if you had an interview did it seem like they actually read it?

interview this week.... their post-II A rate for IS just seems too good to be tru

Got the A!!!!!!! So excited

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Got the A!!! Wasn’t expecting a quick turnaround since all these other schools wanna tease you for weeks on end lol but so excited!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if they're still sending IIs? I recently sent an update and never heard back from them.

Reactions: 1 users
Does uva rank? If so, is it shared with residence programs?
On interview day they said they don't, nor have hidden rankings/wording they use when writing recommendations to residencies.

• Love
Congratulations! It is so exciting! If you do not mind me asking, when were you complete, and do you think the school is interviewing and extending more IIs still?

I was complete 8/25 and interviewed last week! In regards to if they’re sending out more IIs, I’m not too sure. 2 weeks ago they sent out IIs and depending on which interview dates are available that was probably the one of the last, if not the last wave of IIs since they stop interviewing beginning of March (I think). But this is just me guessing, so who knows they may have a few more IIs to send out!

Congratulations! It is so exciting! If you do not mind me asking, when were you complete, and do you think the school is interviewing and extending more IIs still?
Thank you! I was complete 8/19 I think and am IS. From the relatively recent post it seems they might still be sending out IIs

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you! I was complete 8/19 I think and am IS. From the relatively recent post it seems they might still be sending out IIs
I received my II last week for mid-Feb. If they are interviewing through at least the beginning of March, I’d have to guess they indeed have more IIs. Just a guess.

Does anyone know when the Admissions Committee meets to go over interviews or review applications collectively?

Trying to keep my hopes up til Friday! The IS post-II acceptance rate is awesome, and I haven't seen many posts on post-II R's in previous threads, but Ik that also may be SDN-bias.

• Care
II few mins ago!! complete 10/11, OOS, LM 70! Interview date available are in mid Feb!

Accepted just now! Interviewed this Wednesday

ACCEPTED! interviewed on Mon :’)

UVA is such an underrated school. Was really sold on it during my interview day and super excited about this A!

Reactions: 7 users
A. An A.

Shock. Disbelief. Gratitude. I have no business being at UVA with my stats, but God knows I'll make the most of my time there.

It's been a long and hard road. It's nice to win one. :)

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
ACCEPTED! interviewed on Mon :’)

UVA is such an underrated school. Was really sold on it during my interview day and super excited about this A!
Accepted just now! Interviewed this Wednesday
Accepted. Interviewed this week. First A
A. An A.

Shock. Disbelief. Gratitude. I have no business being at UVA with my stats, but God knows I'll make the most of my time there.

It's been a long and hard road. It's nice to win one. :)
It looks like the 2025 class is gonna be an awesome class :love:

• Love
Does anyone know when the Committee meets for sending out interviews/making acceptance decisions?
I had read in an earlier thread that they meet 8:30-10:30 on Fridays to make decisions on the interviews of the week, not sure though when they meet to send out interview invites as I've seen those be sent out on days other than Fridays.

Submitted 8/15 (IS), still no II or R... do they send R’s?

Any international (Canadian) applicants hear back about an II?

Any international (Canadian) applicants hear back about an II?
I'm international (non-canadian) and I was accepted in October! I believe there was a Canadian applicant with me on my interview day as well!

Anyone on here have some advice on which campus to pick? I'm hoping to go into family med or peds. It seems cool to live near DC with INOVA, but UVA is closer to home and cost of living would be a lot more affordable living on the hubby's income I imagine than Fairfax.

Portal I believe. Should I have emailed them?
I'm not sure tbh. I also uploaded on the portal recently, and I haven't heard anything yet either. But I think that is what we're supposed to do.

just got an II wowow complete 7/24, LM73, ORM, OOS

• Love
Reactions: 11 users