2020-2021 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone sent an update? Did it pan out well? Or if you had an interview did it seem like they actually read it?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations! It is so exciting! If you do not mind me asking, when were you complete, and do you think the school is interviewing and extending more IIs still?

I was complete 8/25 and interviewed last week! In regards to if they’re sending out more IIs, I’m not too sure. 2 weeks ago they sent out IIs and depending on which interview dates are available that was probably the one of the last, if not the last wave of IIs since they stop interviewing beginning of March (I think). But this is just me guessing, so who knows they may have a few more IIs to send out!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED! interviewed on Mon :’)

UVA is such an underrated school. Was really sold on it during my interview day and super excited about this A!
Accepted just now! Interviewed this Wednesday
Accepted. Interviewed this week. First A
A. An A.

Shock. Disbelief. Gratitude. I have no business being at UVA with my stats, but God knows I'll make the most of my time there.

It's been a long and hard road. It's nice to win one. 🙂
It looks like the 2025 class is gonna be an awesome class 😍
 
Anyone on here have some advice on which campus to pick? I'm hoping to go into family med or peds. It seems cool to live near DC with INOVA, but UVA is closer to home and cost of living would be a lot more affordable living on the hubby's income I imagine than Fairfax.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad