aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Indiana kind of threw me off to be honest, but Wisconsin is apparently really hard OOS unless you have a significant tie to the school or state, like almost impossible I've heard. And Virginia Tech has only 43 seats in its entire class, so its super competitive just bc the seats are so few. I guess UVA is just better bc the seat size is decent and there isn't really a particular in-state bias as there is for schools like Wisconsin or Indiana, but obviously UVA is ultra high stat - as in very very few applicants are probably much above their averages. And apparently not having in-state residency but ties is a lot more common than I thought, so even the few OOS seats these in-state strong bias schools have are like for those people. Idk if I'm just doing confirmation bias/trying to make myself feel better lol, but I've heard this stuff makes a significant difference.Anyone know if they’re still sending out ii’s
wondering this too. I was also rejected from wisco and virgina tech and my mcat/gpa are decently higher than their averages. Also OOS and still waiting on UVA