You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Virginia
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Congratulations! What was your complete date and/or stats if you don’t mind sharing?Just got an II! So surprised but grateful! It only showed one date available early March
hopefulfuturedoc10
Full Member
Thank you!! complete early august, LM ~ 74, OOSCongratulations! What was your complete date and/or stats if you don’t mind sharing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Wait, isn’t early March next week? They only have 1 interview day/slot available for next week?Thank you!! complete early august, LM ~ 74, OOS
hopefulfuturedoc10
Full Member
I guess so, it was the only option I saw on the interview calendar, maybe they’ll add more as the week goes onWait, isn’t early March next week? They only have 1 interview day/slot available for next week?
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Did they say they were still sending out IIs or are they done/about done?Called admissions today and they said they're probably only scheduling interviews through early March.
Sounded like they said they were still sending out IIs. I say "sounded" because that's what I called about and she said yes, but when I asked about interview date scheduling she said it would likely only be through early marchDid they say they were still sending out IIs or are they done/about done?
Last edited:
Idk if this is a dumb question but I keep seeing SMD20, SMD23, SMD24 for the class cohorts here. What does the ‘S’ stand for lol? Student?
Idk if this is a dumb question but I keep seeing SMD20, SMD23, SMD24 for the class cohorts here. What does the ‘S’ stand for lol? Student?
I've been here 4 years and none of us know what it means or where it came from. My guess is "School of MeDicine class of.."
School of MDs class of...? 🤔Idk if this is a dumb question but I keep seeing SMD20, SMD23, SMD24 for the class cohorts here. What does the ‘S’ stand for lol? Student?
bodynotfondofcoffee
Full Member
relatable 🥲I think it's time for me to give up hope for UVA 🙁. LM 74 and IS.
It was my absolute top choice dream school, but I haven't heard anything even after sending an update letter. Really bummed about it but c'est la vie...
Maybe a handful of final IIs but I have to imagine their final pre-II R wave is coming by the end of the weekI think it's time for me to give up hope for UVA 🙁. LM 74 and IS.
It was my absolute top choice dream school, but I haven't heard anything even after sending an update letter. Really bummed about it but c'est la vie...
Great point, thanks for calling that out. I should have just said one pre-II R wave as that was my experience when I last applied but I thought I remembered seeing some pre-II Rs early in the cycle on last year's thread. Anyway, I have not seen nor heard of any previous pre-II R waves here.Just out of curiosity, when you say "final" pre-II R wave, do you mean to imply that there were previous waves as well?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wishing you the best as a fellow Pack fan!Gotcha, no worries. I just had a little glimpse of hope there in thinking I had survived some R waves, lol.
You know I still had to throw up that Hail Mary pre-II LOI just now in any case. Pray that ya boy's got some Aaron Rodgers in him. 🙏
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Not sure, but from all I’ve heard, sending anything at this point would sound very desperate and maybe disgenuine. If there was a chance at all, it could potentially be destructive.Gotcha, no worries. I just had a little glimpse of hope there in thinking I had survived some R waves, lol.
You know I still had to throw up that Hail Mary pre-II LOI just now in any case. Pray that ya boy's got some Aaron Rodgers in him. 🙏
GeraltofNVIDIA
Full Member
I don't think pre-II LOI's do much and I doubt it would have such an adverse effect, but my opinion is worth less than the seasonings at your dinner table.Not sure, but from all I’ve heard, sending anything at this point would sound very desperate and maybe disgenuine. If there was a chance at all, it could potentially be destructive.
aminoacid97
Full Member
If I haven't received an interview invite by now, is it safe to say that isn't happening?
Oddly, the schools I sent letters of interest and a letter of intent to I got R's, the schools I didn't send anything to I got II's. It's been a weird cycle.
GeraltofNVIDIA
Full Member
For those of us on the WL, when do you think a good time for an update/LOI would be?
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
I wonder if UVA individually rejects end of cycle or just sends a massive R wave once to applicants? It looks like it’s staggered from previously cycles with 2/3 R waves, but curious if interviews are sent in that interim as well but just haven’t been reported.
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Pre-II R from this amazing school, dang it. Complete 11/2.
Pre-II R. Good luck to all those on the WL!Pre-II R from this amazing school, dang it. Complete 11/2.
Pre-II R, complete mid August
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
I’m thinking they might be in alphabetical order... anyone confirm or deny this theory?If I may ask, are these rolling out, or were they all this morning? Best of luck to everyone.
Busy day. Need-based scholarships being sent today 😍
mindstirfry
Full Member
for virginia? I thought that wasnt until like april?Busy day. Need-based scholarships being sent today 😍
YES! I talked with the fin aid office last week and they said need-based aid will be sent within the next 2 weeks, and merit-based probably late March/early April.for virginia? I thought that wasnt until like april?
D
deleted1060270
I thought the priority deadline was March 15th?YES! I talked with the fin aid office last week and they said need-based aid will be sent within the next 2 weeks, and merit-based probably late March/early April.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No idea what this has to do with them sending aid packages before the 15th. I'm only telling you folks what they said during the call.I thought the priority deadline was March 15th?
JAK/No stat
Full Member
Any current MS at UVA I can PM?
Pre-II R, complete August
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Man all these pre-II Rs 😢, me included haha. I sent so many love letters to UVA with updates, resume, descriptions of activities, academic fluctuation/time off etc. This really was a one sided love affair I guess, but that makes it sting all the more.
thunderstorm1824
Full Member
Pre-II R, complete late July. Good luck y'all!
MedStudent10001
New Member
I am an MS1, feel free to PM me! Also, @UNMedGa is an MS4 that is pretty active here, so I'm sure they'd be happy to speak as well.Any current MS at UVA I can PM?
Just now got accepted via email after interviewing 3/1/21. OOS, ORM
+1Just now got accepted via email after interviewing 3/1/21. OOS, ORM
lopsidedegg
Full Member
Me three!!!
hopefulfuturedoc10
Full Member
A!!! I’m still in shock!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get an emailJust got finaid package.
Yes from the Assistant Director of FinaidDid you get an email
Awesome!! It's a bummer that they need parent's W2s for institutional. Waiting for my parent to excavate hers.Just got finaid package.
Got an A via email earlier today! OOS ORM