2020-2021 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you think if I buy my WL school's merch they'll let me in?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Guys question: CTE means you have to withdraw all waitlists right? What if you stay on a waitlist for school A and still commit to enroll to school B? I just want to make sure my understanding is correct before I risk anything

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys question: CTE means you have to withdraw all waitlists right? What if you stay on a waitlist for school A and still commit to enroll to school B? I just want to make sure my understanding is correct before I risk anything
CTE is your final decision and means you are dropping WLs. Be careful not to miss the CTE date and time of day.

Reactions: 2 users
You are agreeing not to do that when you select CTE. What actually happens is anyone's guess, but what's supposed to happen is that you are supposed to withdraw from the WL.

If you don't, School A is supposed to remove you anyway, which will often happen within a day or so, since they can see your CTE, although they can't see the other school. Even if they don't remove you from the WL, School A is certainly not supposed to poach you from School B.

Any way you slice it, when you CTE to School B, no other school that is playing by the rules will touch you, no matter what you do. So, as @wysdoc stated, whether or not you follow through and withdraw from your WLs, you should consider CTEing to be a final irrevocable decision.

It's probably worth pointing out, as @wysdoc also intimated, that the only thing you are really risking at this late date is your A if you mess around with the CTE deadline.

Last edited: