2021-2022 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long did it take to receive the call from ATSU with an offer after the interview?
Around 3 weeks after my interview

EDIT: I should note that the Admissions lady (who was wonderful) told us that decisions can come 1 to 8 weeks after your interview date.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know what time frame theyd normally send out invites? i'm all the way on the east coast but don't know what time frame they follow hehehe

EDIT: I should note that the Admissions lady (who was wonderful) told us that decisions can come 1 to 8 weeks after your interview date.
Awesome!! I am approaching week 3, hopefully I get some news this week

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone wondering/still waiting, most CHC sites appear to still be available. Only the CA sites and the Mesa CHC currently have a WL.

Reactions: 3 users
II today, Complete 7/14. OOS (no ties but lots of rural / CHC work), 518, 3.7

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the R (pre-II). Good luck to everyone else, though! I'm rooting for you!

• Care
Did you guys send thank you's after the interview? How did you get their emails?

Did you guys send thank you's after the interview? How did you get their emails?
I sent thank you emails! One of my interviewers gave me their email, so it felt like a good call. The other interviewer I just looked up on the website. Both of them responded to me after a day or so!

Members don't see this ad :)

Hey! I got the good news yesterday over phone call.

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take them to send the acceptance email after the phone call?

I’m super excited to get the process rolling

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take them to send the acceptance email after the phone call?

Congratulations! When was your interview day, if I may ask?

it took like 4 or 5 days I think!

Any tips for how to prepare for the interview?
My interview process was very relaxed and positive, expect to be communicating with fellow applicants too. The zoom stuff is handled by the admissions staff so just log in with your ID and be yourself! Everyone signs an NDA so not much specifics can be said.

I just listened to the acceptance voicemail!!! I interviewed on 09/10 and am OOS with no ties.

Reactions: 2 users
I just listened to the acceptance voicemail!!! I interviewed on 09/10 and am OOS with no ties.
10/10 prefer over "we are calling in regards to your car's extended warranty"

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the acceptance call earlier today! I’m so happy! OOS, “low Stats”

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what their exam schedule is (exam every week, every two weeks, every month, etc)?

First year:

Systems course = bi-weekly

OMM and OSCEs are dispersed throughout.

This means some weeks are easy and some are heavy on exams.

First year:

Systems course = bi-weekly

OMM and OSCEs are dispersed throughout.

This means some weeks are easy and some are heavy on exams.
Do you know if this testing frequency will continue with the PBL curriculum change?

for the system based courses do you have an exam for each class or is it combined into one big exam? Also, are they multiple choice or a mixture of multiple choice and short answer?

for the system based courses do you have an exam for each class or is it combined into one big exam? Also, are they multiple choice or a mixture of multiple choice and short answer?
It's combined into 1 big exam. There are only multiple choice.

Also forgot to mention the anatomy practical is usually given near the end of the course a few days before the final. The anatomy practical has 'fill-in-the-blank' questions and multiple choice.

Do you know if this testing frequency will continue with the PBL curriculum change?
I don't think the testing frequency will change.

It's combined into 1 big exam. There are only multiple choice.

Also forgot to mention the anatomy practical is usually given near the end of the course a few days before the final. The anatomy practical has 'fill-in-the-blank' questions and multiple choice.

I don't think the testing frequency will change.
Great, thanks for the response! Do you guys have individual homework or is it mostly group work and studying for exams?

Great, thanks for the response! Do you guys have individual homework or is it mostly group work and studying for exams?
The curriculum for my class was mostly independent study except when we did "small groups" (which was once or twice a week).

Hey everyone,

Is it worth it for me to submit my secondary to ATSU-SOMA even though they sent it to me in July? I fell off track with my apps because of burnout and was wondering if the schools would even consider me even though my secondary would be pretty late....

Hey everyone,

Is it worth it for me to submit my secondary to ATSU-SOMA even though they sent it to me in July? I fell off track with my apps because of burnout and was wondering if the schools would even consider me even though my secondary would be pretty late....
Im in the same boat...and with financial circumstances it's tough. I haven't sent in my Kirksville secondary yet, but I'd say we are still fine.

Im in the same boat...and with financial circumstances it's tough. I haven't sent in my Kirksville secondary yet, but I'd say we are still fine.
Keep in mind, during last year's cycle the class completely filled early December 2020 and so everyone applying later were getting interviewed later and were interviewing for a WL position / accepted pending a seat status which led to the deferred admissions that you can read about earlier in this thread. I'm not saying you shouldn't apply here if you can muster the funds up for the application, but don't be too surprised if the class fills before they even get to your application. The old saying that as long as you apply by Thanksgiving for DO school you are fine, is not really a good rule of thumb anymore.