You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Albany
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just kept a note of when I finalized my application.Congrats! Where did you find your complete date?
Anyone else not hear back anything? I was complete 7/22-7/25
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing so far, finalized 7/24Anyone else not hear back anything? I was complete 7/22-7/25
Hey sorry for late reply.. Had an exam recently. II will usually be going out this month.Hey! When do most II's go out?
Albany is a fun town. I was initially skeptical of coming here from the Midwest. But, I love it so far. It’s not just Albany that’s what people don’t get. There are more than 5 suburbs or town around the school you can live in. I’m like 15 mins drive from campus, some people live right off the apartments near campus but that’s not my thing. If you like outdoors it’s a place to be. Golfing, soccer, biking, hiking and so forth you name it. I live right by a river fall. But the most important thing is it’s a good place to study as students. You can drive under 3hrs to NYC, Montreal, boston and so forth. Anymore question let me know.How was the social life at Albany? How were the dorms?
And to add, the school has been really supportive since I got here.
+1, I saved the confirmation page, just in case.Did anyone else NOT receive a confirmation email after selecting an interview date/time?
So if we do not get one by the end of this month our chances are pretty slim?Hey sorry for late reply.. Had an exam recently. II will usually be going out this month.
No your chances aren’t slim.. They’re still inviting candidates. Don’t lose hope yet, it’s still far out to just give up at this stage.So if we do not get one by the end of this month our chances are pretty slim?
Thanks it sounded like the sent the most of their IIs in August so I was concerned lol. I know the majority of schools don't start going full speed until after labor day. I thought this school starts super early for some reason.No your chances aren’t slim.. They’re still inviting candidates. Don’t lose hope yet, it’s still far out to just give up at this stage.
II!
Anyone else complete on 7/22!!! Nothing so far
D
deleted1111835
complete 7/17 and haven't heard a peepAnyone else complete on 7/22!!! Nothing so far
+1complete 7/17 and haven't heard a peep
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cyclistdoc
Full Member
II --- JUST GOT THE EMAIL A FEW HOURS AGO! 😀
IS, submitted on 7/30
Only dates in September were offered!
IS, submitted on 7/30
Only dates in September were offered!
Congrats to everyone who got II today 🙂
How are you guys uploading a passport size photo?
I struggled with it for a while, then I saw the message that you have to use Mozilla Firefox ......How are you guys uploading a passport size photo?
Use that browser and it should go through.
Thanks I used an app to make passport sized photo and then uploaded it and selected an interview date.I struggled with it for a while, then I saw the message that you have to use Mozilla Firefox ......
Use that browser and it should go through.
Can anyone who interviewed here give advice for the interview?
D
deleted996391
Is it too late to add this school? LM 70, heavy clinical app, first time applicant, OOS...
Looking for some honesty here...
Looking for some honesty here...
For those of you that got interview invites, does it say this on your portal anywhere? My email recently stopped working so I had to resubmit my AMCAS with a new email and just wanted to see if there was a place to make sure I didn't miss an invite from here!
honestly, people say after labor day it is too late to do secondaries, so unless you have a really strong application, I would not add more schools.Is it too late to add this school? LM 70, heavy clinical app, first time applicant, OOS...
Looking for some honesty here...
Honestly, go for it. If you have the financial ability to submit apps just do it - as they all say you miss all the shots you don't take. The only thing is the turnaround time will take longer than usual and if your stats aren't as strong, it will be a disadvantage. But, you never know where in the cycle a school is in and whether they already have all interview slots taken by qualified applications; that is the gamble you take.Is it too late to add this school? LM 70, heavy clinical app, first time applicant, OOS...
Looking for some honesty here...
dreaming_doctor
Full Member
II today! OOS with no ties, finalized 8/4. Really stoked, its my first II this cycle
congrats! mind sharing stats?II today! OOS with no ties, finalized 8/4. Really stoked, its my first II this cycle
dreaming_doctor
Full Member
512 MCAT, 3.7 cGPA, reapplicant but first time applying herecongrats! mind sharing stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Do you mind sharing if it says anything about the II on your portal?II today! OOS with no ties, finalized 8/4. Really stoked, its my first II this cycle
I’m a reapplicant this cycle, silence from Albany so far but two cycles ago I got a II in February if that helps!So if we do not get one by the end of this month our chances are pretty slim?
+1Can anyone who interviewed here give advice for the interview?
Pre-II R. OOS and was complete July 21
Sorry man hope you get in somewhere! It's still very earlyPre-II R. OOS and was complete July 21
guys question!
So, on application status, I see when my LOR were last received. I completed my application on day 1 and forgot to finalize it, ended up finalizing in late July. I checked last week and saw that my LOR was last received on August 4th. i checked again today and it seems that my LOR last received date is last Thursday (September 9th). does this mean my application has now been reviewed twice without getting an II? I'm oos urm with a 515 and 3.9 gpa, but i didn't know if this was indicative of a re-review of my appliation
So, on application status, I see when my LOR were last received. I completed my application on day 1 and forgot to finalize it, ended up finalizing in late July. I checked last week and saw that my LOR was last received on August 4th. i checked again today and it seems that my LOR last received date is last Thursday (September 9th). does this mean my application has now been reviewed twice without getting an II? I'm oos urm with a 515 and 3.9 gpa, but i didn't know if this was indicative of a re-review of my appliation
icantthinkofausername1
New Member
First rejection 🙁 (LM:70, MCAT: 510, GPA:3.90). Congrats to those who received IIs!
sorry to hear, when were you complete?First rejection 🙁 (LM:70, MCAT: 510, GPA:3.90). Congrats to those who received IIs!
I think this is just something weird on their end. I finalized and was complete late July but their portal later updated and said LORs were in by mid August. Just checked again and still says mid August.guys question!
So, on application status, I see when my LOR were last received. I completed my application on day 1 and forgot to finalize it, ended up finalizing in late July. I checked last week and saw that my LOR was last received on August 4th. i checked again today and it seems that my LOR last received date is last Thursday (September 9th). does this mean my application has now been reviewed twice without getting an II? I'm oos urm with a 515 and 3.9 gpa, but i didn't know if this was indicative of a re-review of my appliation
Hey guys is the advising dean presentation and student panel mandatory? if so would I be able to keep my camera and mic off? I don't think my child getting mad at me looking at my computer screen for too long and deciding to scream will go over well with everybody. Thanks!
Isn’t this an important day for you that requires your full attention? Please find a babysitter to help you out on interview days!Hey guys is the advising dean presentation and student panel mandatory? if so would I be able to keep my camera and mic off? I don't think my child getting mad at me looking at my computer screen for too long and deciding to scream will go over well with everybody. Thanks!
I did for the interview day. This is for the day after which I wasn't planning for. I may still be able to find a babysitter, i'm just thinking about worst case scenario.Isn’t this an important day for you that requires your full attention? Please find a babysitter to help you out on interview days!
Hello everyone! For those who have already interviewed with Albany, do you guys have any suggestions or tips? Can anybody share their experiences during interview day? Thank you!
Hi everyone!
I am having trouble accessing the admissions portal. I submitted quite a while back and the link they originally sent me to access the secondary is not working now. Is anyone able to give me the link to the website so that I can log in and monitor my status?
Thanks!
I am having trouble accessing the admissions portal. I submitted quite a while back and the link they originally sent me to access the secondary is not working now. Is anyone able to give me the link to the website so that I can log in and monitor my status?
Thanks!
Just had my interview yesterday! The interviewers were very kind and welcoming. They make it clear that they want to accept you based on your application, but now is the time to let your personality shine! Just be yourself and be excited for the opportunity 🙂 Best of luck.Hello everyone! For those who have already interviewed with Albany, do you guys have any suggestions or tips? Can anybody share their experiences during interview day? Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R
DoctorDoggo
Full Member
Just its got a Pre-II R. Good luck everyone!
oos complete mid-July
oos complete mid-July
Pre II R :/
Loool. Was not expecting my first pre-II R to be from this school.
They reviewed 14,000 applications, interviewed 800 people, and its only middle of September.....
Last edited: